PDA

View Full Version : Super-HORRIBLE-cuts!!!!!

MegaDisney
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
So I was in a hurry to get my haircut on the way to work today.

I stopped at a Supercuts near my house and figured I would get a cheap/quick haircut.

The lady completely messed up my hair to the point that I am gonna have to shave my hair when I get home!

The top is at least 5 different lengths, she did not trim around my ears and the back is crooked.

When I pointed this out the lady offered to fix it and I told her she was not touching my head again. She argued with me that the different lengths were "texture"

I didn't even want to pay for the haircut, but I did and then called Supercuts 800 number and they are sending me a refund check.

I am sure there are some good stylists at Supercuts, but avoid the one at Specturm Mall in Phoenix!!!!

jillluvsdisney
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I have had less than stellar hair cuts at high end salons but usually, I think you get what you pay for. Sorry, I hope you can fix your do.

LauraleeH
08-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Ohh, at least you're a guy! You can shave your head and get away with it...plus, your hair will grow back a lot faster than a blonde with long hair.

I had this crazy lady spend 5 hours doing my entire head for highlights. Um, you're not supposed to do highlights underneath in the back. But she did, and she didn't mix it right, so my hair was almost white! The texture was like straw. I'm used to having silky hair and it really bugged me. And she cut one side of my hair much shorter than the other. And I barely had any bangs left. And she charged me over $200 and there was nothing I could do about it because there was a police officer in there...it's not like I could run out.

So needless to say, I went home and cried hysterically. I got in with my regular girl the next day to fix the texture and make the white a little toned down...and straighten out my "layers" and had to pay another $200.

I haven't cut my hair since (My bangs can now tuck behind my ears but I'm too scared to go trim them).

Oh yeah, and to make the 5 hours I spent with crazy lady enjoyable, she decided to tell me all about her many health problems.

jonsmom
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I got an awesome cut at my Supercuts last week $10, with $5 off coupon.

I have paid triple that and have been unhappy. Once you find a stylist you like, you can always schedule your time with her.

Hair_Razor
08-28-2008, 08:24 PM
As a hairstylist that has worked at a "fast food" salon and now works for a high end salon I can tell you it is true you get what you pay for!! I used to do a mens cut in 15 minutes and brag about it. Now I take 30 and am giving a much more quality service.

MegaDisney
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah lesson learned on the "get what you pay for"

The thing that really suprised me is that it took less than 5 minutes to cut my hair!

I usually go to a local chain called Althleticuts. The lady who owns the place is super nice and the stylists are great.

For $25 bucks I get:

Shampoo
Haircut w/razor clean neck and ears
Scalp Massage
Hot towel on face while they massage my scalp
5 min Sport manicure
and a Cold Beer while I am waiting!

Problem is I didn't have time to get there and to work, so I took a short cut, a very bad decision!

NEVER AGAIN!

droopy d.
08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I,ve had the same guy cut my hair for 25 years he is great and it only cost $11.

thrillme
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I got my haircut by some guy one time (heard he was quite a stylist). He did great the first few times then he got "creative".

I ended up with a practical "mohawk". Very short on the sides long on top and down to my shoulders. (I'm a girl so this was quite traumatic). I wore hats for about 3 weeks after that.

Alas I blame myself...I should have known better than to go to a stylist with a pink and blue mohawk that worked in a shop with little plastic dolls hanging from the ceiling dressed in leather.

MMouse6937
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I had this crazy lady spend 5 hours doing my entire head for highlights. Um, you're not supposed to do highlights underneath in the back.

Actually thats not true. You don't have to do highlights in the back but I have mine done because I wear my hair up a lot so they show. With a lot of people there's no sense paying for them in the back if no one's going to see them.

I've had some bad haircuts in my life. One lady cut my hair in the Mrs. Brady shag hairdo, I was absolutely devestated. I cried in her chair when she styled it, it was horrible. But to be honest with you it grew out as one of the best hair styles I have ever had, and she was my sylist for about 10 years after that. We used to always joke about the first time she did my hair and that I cried in her chair! :)

I haven't gotten my hair cut in about six months now. I'm almost ready to donate another 12 inches to Locks of Love, but waiting until I get back from WDW before I do anything.

LauraleeH
08-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Actually thats not true. You don't have to do highlights in the back but I have mine done because I wear my hair up a lot so they show. With a lot of people there's no sense paying for them in the back if no one's going to see them.
Oh ok, that makes sense if you wear a lot of different styles. At my normal stylist, they don't offer them. Actually, they won't do it even if you ask.

tinkwest
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Althleticuts.

For $25 bucks I get:

Shampoo
Haircut w/razor clean neck and ears
Scalp Massage
Hot towel on face while they massage my scalp
5 min Sport manicure
and a Cold Beer while I am waiting!

A cold beer!? Hey - I want to go there!!

I stopped at a Supercuts near my house and figured I would get a cheap/quick haircut.

The lady completely messed up my hair to the point that I am gonna have to shave my hair when I get home!

At least you look good with short hair, Bryant.

Took DS to Fantastic Sam's when he was little. Looked like they cut his hair with a blindfold on!! We were afraid to even ask them to fix it, thinking it would only get worse. Cleaned it up ourselves at home.

About 10 years later I met someone that worked at that same Fantastic Sam's and got up the courage to go in and have him do my hair. He did a great job and I continued to use him for about 5 years. When he moved, he recommended another girl in the same store. I've been using her for 5 years now also. I have never been disappointed. I think the key is to find the right stylist even more so than the right salon.

I think I am in the happy group that gets more than they pay for in this case. $19 plus tip is a GREAT deal for me when I know I am going to get a shampoo, scalp massage ( :cloud9: ), cut, and maybe a little styling if she's not too busy. But I would be extremely unhappy to pay even what might be considered that small amount for a bad cut.

Again . . . hope you are looking better tomorrow and don't let this ruin your entire day. Hope to see you "back to normal" in about a month at DLR.

cer
08-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Bad haircuts are the worst!

Marilyn Michetti
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I have NOTHING good to say about SuperCuts. When my mom got out of ICU, after ten days, and couldn't walk, I took her to SC's and asked them if they would wash her head - no cut or style, just soap and water - three minutes. There was NOBODY in the shop, but this "person" said she had customers on their way, and would try to work my mom in. The place was EMPTY !!!!!!!!:mad:

I had a bit of a meltdown, wheeled my mom out, and took her someplace else. They took my mom right away, and five minutes later, I gave the stylist a 100% tip, and my mom has had me take her there ever since.:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
08-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I have NOTHING good to say about SuperCuts. When my mom got out of ICU, after ten days, and couldn't walk, I took her to SC's and asked them if they would wash her head - no cut or style, just soap and water - three minutes. There was NOBODY in the shop, but this "person" said she had customers on their way, and would try to work my mom in. The place was EMPTY !!!!!!!!:mad:

I had a bit of a meltdown, wheeled my mom out, and took her someplace else. They took my mom right away, and five minutes later, I gave the stylist a 100% tip, and my mom has had me take her there ever since.:thumbsup:

What an awful thing for them to do. I'm glad that things worked out for your mom.

I took my son to a snipits when he was little and it was the worst hair cut I've ever seen, it was his first hair cut and I wanted him to have the "whole shebang" but we left there and went to the barber shop in town and he went there for years!

conorsmom2000
08-30-2008, 09:01 AM
LOL, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread today! :blush: I guess I'm about to find out if it's true that you get what you pay for....after my home color disaster in July, I've been struggling to fix my hair ever since - so, Mike has surprised me by booking me a color & cut at a swanky salon in NYC that's owned by a celebrity stylist. I'm slightly freaked out by this but he seems to have done his homework and the place has gotten great reviews....still, this soccer Mom from NJ feels a little out of her element going to a Fifth Avenue salon! But, we'll see what happens.... my appt is for 12 and I'm totally nervous! I think my biggest fear is coming out with something too trendy or being talked into something I don't want. (I think Mike's fear is that I'll totally love it and want to keep going! :D )

I have hair that is so thick, most hairdressers don't hesitate to let me know they dread working on it. I've definitely had my share of bad haircuts....

crazypoohbear
08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
LOL, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread today! :blush: I guess I'm about to find out if it's true that you get what you pay for....after my home color disaster in July, I've been struggling to fix my hair ever since - so, Mike has surprised me by booking me a color & cut at a swanky salon in NYC that's owned by a celebrity stylist. I'm slightly freaked out by this but he seems to have done his homework and the place has gotten great reviews....still, this soccer Mom from NJ feels a little out of her element going to a Fifth Avenue salon! But, we'll see what happens.... my appt is for 12 and I'm totally nervous! I think my biggest fear is coming out with something too trendy or being talked into something I don't want. (I think Mike's fear is that I'll totally love it and want to keep going! :D )

I have hair that is so thick, most hairdressers don't hesitate to let me know they dread working on it. I've definitely had my share of bad haircuts....

Good Luck & Have a great time.
Let us know how it turns out

Marilyn Michetti
09-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Good Luck & Have a great time.
Let us know how it turns out

Oh, can I have some of it? My hair is so thin and baby fine - there's always "pink" showing somewhere.:blush:

starryeyes21
09-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I have thick, curly, crazy, hair and I am always paranoid about where I go to get it cut. Now, my aunt does it. Her hair is a lot like mine and she knows what she is doing. I have had my share of bad haircuts in the past. The good news is that hair will always grow back and most people can sympathize.

I walked into a Supercuts just last Wednesday. I made a very simple request. I was going to Six Flags Great Adventure and needed two french braids. If I leave my hair loose it just gets knotted. Anyway, I was told that nobody at the salon knew how to do a french braid. I was shocked. Isn't that like hair 101? I walked out and went somewhere else.

conorsmom2000
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh, can I have some of it? My hair is so thin and baby fine - there's always "pink" showing somewhere.:blush:

If I could find away, I'd love to share! I've been told I have enough for 5 people! But, I've had many a hairdresser tell me I should be grateful that I have thick hair and I am, even if it is a slight pain.... :blush:

My trip to the fancy salon was fun - better than I expected. It was at Madison & 57th in NYC, so I felt a little out of my element even walking up to the place. But, the staff could not have been nicer. I had Russ color it and it came out nice - it wasn't as dark as I wanted it but he wouldn't do what I wanted, not after what my hair has been through. I understood what he meant and was happy with it. Roannie cut it and it was great - I really loved how it came out. What shocked me the most though, was that they give you full size bottles of Nexxus products to take home! I've gotten trial sizes of stuff occasionally, but not full sized bottles! They gave me a shampoo, a conditioner and a deep conditioner - about $40 worth of product! That was a very nice surprise! :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
09-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful experience!

I got my hair fixed at my normal location, they were amazed at how horrible my cut was! :blush:

So to continue the hair saga I was trimming my goatee this morning and slipped and took a huge gouge out! ARRRRGH! Hopefully it will all grow back before my trip to Disneyland at the end of the month!:(

jrkcr
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm a little late in reading all of these-but they sure made me laugh!! :funny: Although paying for a bad haircut is NOT funny.

I always color my hair and get hair cuts with no fear-I figure it'll always grow out again! Which means I've had brown, dark brown(not a good look), blonde, very blonde, red, and every color between! I even recently agreed to let DD8 cut my hair. I am more afraid of her getting hurt with the scissors than of how my hair will turn out. I'll probably wait till winter, when I can wear hats.

About a year ago, DD16 allowed me to cut her very thick hair. BIG mistake. It started out fun-like having a life sized Barbie doll. But it ended up looking very, VERY bad, and my hand was actually tired from hacking on her hair! So I took her to the salon the next day-the women there had a good laugh. :blush: DD won't let me near her with scissors now.

DD16(yes, same daughter!) recently went from having waist length beautiful, thick, brown hair to almost a shaved head(with weird long bangs:confused:) and blue stripes. The hairdresser made me sign a parental consent form in case DD freaked out afterwards! DD loves her haircut(I don't...:secret:)