PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash

PlanningMom
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Now that we've had several months to get used to this parade, I was wondering what you all feel is the best place to stand? If you want to be right in front of them when they stop and get off? And how long in advance should we get there? Thanks!!!!:mickey:

joanna71985
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Now that we've had several months to get used to this parade, I was wondering what you all feel is the best place to stand? If you want to be right in front of them when they stop and get off? And how long in advance should we get there? Thanks!!!!:mickey:

There are 3 different float sections, and they do their show twice. The order of the floats is Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Bug's Life. The first time they stop, Toy Story stops at the Hat, Monsters stops just past the water fountain by Tipboard, and Bug's Life stops just in front of the round shop towards the end of the park. For the second stop, Toy Story stops almost at Drew Carey (I believe), Monsters Inc stops just past the theater with the steps, and Bugs Life stops at the hat.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
My husband and I are looking forward to the show. We'll be down at Disney in 88 days. Can't wait to see Sulley. He's my all time favorite character.:sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley:

Next trip: November 24th thru December 5th:turkey::santa:

DDuck66
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
We are going saturday. We watched at the end last time (Bugs Life). I think this time we might stay near the Tip Board. I would get a place about 45 minutes before. If you want a bench, you might have to grab it earlier.

Roo Girl
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
When you say the floats "stop" at certain spots, what do you mean? The parade doesn't proceed like any other parade from a starting point to an ending point? I'm confused.

Rekced
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
I haven't actually seen it yet, but it basically goes as a normal parade for a bit, and then they stop the floats, and people get off and do a little bit of a show. They then board again and the parade proceeds to the next stopping point where they get off again and do their show.

joanna71985
08-29-2008, 05:25 PM
When you say the floats "stop" at certain spots, what do you mean? The parade doesn't proceed like any other parade from a starting point to an ending point? I'm confused.

This is how it works. The floats travel like any other float, until they reach their first show stop (this is where the floats stop, and the characters perform a little show). After the show ends, the floats move to the second show stop, and perform the same show again. As soon as they finish the second show stop, the floats just drive by to the end of the parade route. So if you sit in an area where there isn't show stop, you won't really see anything (as the performers just are waving as they go by).

tink'72
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
:goofy: I havnt seen it yet is it good?

joanna71985
08-29-2008, 05:46 PM
:goofy: I havnt seen it yet is it good?

I think it is. It's very fast-paced and energetic.

badkitty
09-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Does anyone know if this is the same parade that was at DCA before the new Pixar parade?

joanna71985
09-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know if this is the same parade that was at DCA before the new Pixar parade?

I believe so.