PDA

View Full Version : dinner plus Fantasmic

PlanningMom
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
We have resies at 5:10 at Hollywood and Vine for the dinner and Fantasmic package. The show does not start until 8. I know we will be done eating by 6 or so--do we have to sit around that whole time or can we go out in the park for an hour or so?? I don't think the kids will wait that whole time. Also, any ideas about where we will be seated or offered a seat?

Thanks!!!

ljv1975
08-28-2008, 04:29 PM
We did the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V this past March. At the end of your meal, your server will give you a ticket which shows that you have priority seating. After we finished our meal we walked around a bit and then went to the show.

You will enter the theater from a side entrance. There isn't any assigned seating per person with the dinner package - it is a roped off area on the right hand side of the theater. Seating is still first come - first served, within this area. We went into the theater about 30 minutes before the show began and there were plenty of empty seats to choose from. (The seating is bleachers).

Honestly, there really isn't a "bad" seat in the whole place. The way the show is set up, I think you'd get a good view no matter where in the theater you sit. The advantage to doing the dinner package is that you don't have to wait in line for an hour or more and you are guaranteed a decent seat.

Fantasmic was great!! I hope you enjoy it!

Simba'sBud
08-28-2008, 04:32 PM
No, you don't have to be seated yet for Fantasmic. They give you a time frame to be at the gate for those with dinner packages and you are welcome to do what you like until that point.

My DW and I will be doing a 3:50 Fantasmic package at H&V this year due to the free dining craze. In the past, our dinner ressies have been as early as 5:30, and we would always catch a show or a couple of rides after dinner before heading to the gate.

Have fun!!

PlanningMom
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks, guys! That helps so much!

Jasper
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Don't forget that WDW has announced that they are going to be reducing the number of Fantasmic showings later this year or the beginning of next year. (Sorry I don't remember the date.) What that means is that the showings that do take place are likely to be more full than we have grown accustomed to which means there may be more people taking advantage of the dinner package.

The reason I bring this up is that while I agree with an earlier poster that said there really isn't a bad seat in the place some folks are rather adamant about getting a seat down front. If you are one of those folks than you may want to get your seats earlier rather than later once Disney goes to this shortened schedule.

Of course, if you do sit down front and the wind is blowing the wrong way you may get VERY wet. We were there one time and were seated about 1/4 way up from the bottom and ended up going all the way up to the handicap area to get away from the over spray! It was January and the temperature at show time that evening was in the 50's so getting wet was not our idea of a good time.

FenwayGirl
08-28-2008, 04:45 PM
You are sooo right. We always go in january and the nights do get cool. We had blankets with us last year. Downright chilly!

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I know this is strange, but I love getting our seats early. Just to watch people watch. DH says I am strange, they leave me to do other things. :mickey:

DDuck66
08-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I know this is strange, but I love getting our seats early. Just to watch people watch. DH says I am strange, they leave me to do other things. :mickey:

We do that as well...it is nice to relax for a while and not to be on your feet at the end of a long day. We also will hit the snack shop at the top of the theater before it starts getting too crowded.