PDA

View Full Version : ADR cancellations

disneymom15
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Husband and I will be at Disney Dec3-10 and for the first time in our many many trips we decided to make one ADR. Wouldn't you know, not a single availabity for Le Cellier. How likely is it that there would be a cancellation? How often should I call back? Would we have better luck calling from our room in the morning?

disneyfan328
08-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I would call and check everyday, you just never know when something could open up. If you don't have any luck by the time you check into your resort I would check at the concierge desk or guest services desk(I can't remember if they are called concierge desks in the lobby's of all of the resorts) they might possibly be able to get you in. Le Cellier is right up there with CRT as one of the most popular is all of Disney, but I would keep trying. especially if its only 2 of you they may be able to get you in.

Good luck.

Figment!
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
How likely is it that there would be a cancellation? It really depends on too many factors to say with definitive certainty, however, there are almost always cancellations so there always is some likelihood.

How often should I call back? Every day. While cancellations are a imminent occurrence, there is no real guideline on when they may occur.

Would we have better luck calling from our room in the morning?You should certaintly try this option if you haven't already been able to secure a reservation by then, but I would not advise to wait till then to check.

DDuck66
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
You might also try for odd times...a really late lunch/early dinner will sometimes work. Keep calling back at least every week.

laurie816
08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I have had success booking 2 character meals by calling daily. Good luck!

SBETigg
08-28-2008, 02:20 PM
You also might want to plan a back-up, just in case. Le Cellier is good, but there are so many good restaurants in WDW. In that area, Marrakesh, Rose & Crown, and Spoodles are all worth a try. You could cancel if Le Cellier ends up working out for you.

Bethis26fan
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
We had been trying to get LTT for dinner for weeks and we leave next friday I called today and got a 5:15 before we go the Halloween party. So there is always hope. :) Good luck now I'm just hope we can luck :fingers:up on a chef mickeys

Mickey91
08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
With the current economy I say the chances of getting a reservation are good if you keep at it. Too many people are having to cancel vacation plans.:(

Good luck!

thrillme
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I vote call regularly. If that fails show up on their doorstep about an hour or two before you have plans on being in.

I'm not set up for Le Cellier BUT....I do have reservations at other places. I'm being honest here saying I made those reservations in hope of securing us to be able to have at least a few table service meals (I like table service LONG before this Dining plan ever came into play). BUT reservations are very very very constrainng to me while on vacation. I really don't like the ties so I know I can't guarantee I'll make all my ADR's. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'll try to cancel if I can but honestly I won't know to cancel till the time hits.

In the past I've been able to get into just about any place as a "walk-up"...only Germany was a problem but other than that...

oliver&bianca
08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
We were at Disney this past June, and we happened to get reservations for Le Cellier the week we were there. I changed a breakfast ressie to lunch at Le Cellier just by calling the night before. I believe our reseravation time was 2:00. So just keep calling.

As a side note.....It was our LEAST favorite meal. We will just put it on our "Been There, Done That" list.

disneymom15
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Guess what! I got my ADR for Friday Dec 5 at
7pm. Thought I'd be calling for weeks on end, can hardly believe I got it so soon. Thanks everyone

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Guess what! I got my ADR for Friday Dec 5 at
7pm. Thought I'd be calling for weeks on end, can hardly believe I got it so soon. Thanks everyone

Congrats. :)

TBY2225
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Great! My DH and I were actually lucky to get a walk up for Le Cellier in Jan! So, it is never to late to try! Glad you got your ADR!