PDA

View Full Version : ? Best coffee at WDW parks?

laurie816
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Where do you feel is the best coffee at each park?
How about the on site resorts?

I am looking for non- Nescafe coffee.

Thanks!:mickey:

pamickeys
08-28-2008, 10:09 AM
in epcot between canada and england there is a coffee stand that sits off to the side,they have the best coffee, and we don't even get the specialty blends,just a plain cup of coffee, and it's great. by the end of every trip they don't even have to ask us what we want ,they already know.

tinklover
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I would have to say the best coffee I found on site was in my room at Pop lol i had read on here that all teh resorts have the nes **** and that is just not gonna cut it for me. so i made sure i packed my own small trel size coffee maker( a lil 4 cup maker) and brought my folgers and fixins form hom as well . i had fresh GOOD coffee every morning to start my day in the parks.

brownie
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I didn't start drinking coffee until after our last trip to Walt Disney World, so I'm interested in seeing where everyone's favorite coffee places are, too.

Lorraine444
08-28-2008, 01:39 PM
It's mandatory that I have good coffee as well.
I was there a week ago, and found the real coffee stands.
The location I best remember is after you get of the monorail & heads towards Magic Kingdom there is a stand right outside the gates.. Once you take note of this stand you will see them elsewhere as well.
I was getting an Iced mocha Latte. Yummy, Yummy. I do remember these stands in Epcot also, I just don't remember where it was in the world section.

Belster
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
In the Birnbaum's guide there is a section that has best ... it says the best coffee is at California Grill-Contemporary Resort
Runners up-Kona Cafe Polynesian
Boma-flavors of Africa Animal Kingdom Lodge

As far as at the parks it does not say.

I love my coffee too!

mjaclyn
08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
My mom LOVES coffee and knows all the best places to get it. Her two favorites are at the Kona Cafe in Polynesian - the french press is the best, and at the little bakery cart right outside of Hollywood Studios.

KayDee
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
OK I am getting away from the original question but wanted to share anyway. What my hubby and I like to drink is the Disney blend coffees that come in different flavours and is sold in WDW. We like to make a pot in the morning at the resort and enjoy. Then we take the leftover cans that we haven't used (and we usually buy some more as well) and take them home. It is such a nice way to remember our wonderful trips and begin planning the next.

Tinkerfreak
08-30-2008, 08:22 AM
in epcot between canada and england there is a coffee stand that sits off to the side,they have the best coffee, and we don't even get the specialty blends,just a plain cup of coffee, and it's great. by the end of every trip they don't even have to ask us what we want ,they already know.

I discovered this place a couple of years ago. They have really good iced coffee and lattes too.

DizneyRox
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
As with pizza, I have not found good coffee at WDW yet.

cinderella crazy
08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I personnally liked Kona Cafe at the Poly. Was so good I bought some to take home. At this point I'm so addicted to coffee I don't care how bad it is, just as long as I have it I'll be good to go.

bmj721
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I love my REAL coffee, too. But while we're on the subject of where to find coffee, I remember a kiosk in AK that sold the BEST frozen coffee. During our last trip in 05 it didn't sell my frozen coffee and I was very sad. Does anyone know if this item is sold anywhere on Disney property?
:confused:

Mrs Bus Driver
08-30-2008, 11:59 PM
I would have to say the best coffee I found on site was in my room at Pop lol i had read on here that all teh resorts have the nes **** and that is just not gonna cut it for me. so i made sure i packed my own small trel size coffee maker( a lil 4 cup maker) and brought my folgers and fixins form hom as well . i had fresh GOOD coffee every morning to start my day in the parks.
:funny:
Me to I'm brining my hotpot, favorite mug and milakita drip cup. If you don't know what that is next time your buying coffee look around where they sell the filters, you can find them there. So simple and they make the best coffee.

Disneyfamilyof3
08-31-2008, 12:11 AM
We liked the coffee at Narcoossee's. :thumbsup:

hardingella
08-31-2008, 12:59 PM
:mickey:
As with pizza, I have not found good coffee at WDW yet.

Im glad im not the only one.Each time we have stayed at POP, their coffee has been average to say the least. I have tried several coffees in all the parks but i must have been going to the wrong places, they have all been out of a machine, not my cup of tea (ha ha).I had to wait until we got to Universal city walk where i had a proper latte, but i will take note of places suggested.

Mickey 101
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
I like the French press coffee at Boma and I also enjoy the coffee carts in Epcot. I haven't tried Kona Cafe (always seem to get there when the coffee counter is closed), but the Kusafiri Bakery at Tusker House has very good shade grown coffee and is probably my favorite. I've tried the espresso and cappuccino and they were great!

Hull-onian
09-03-2008, 06:17 PM
The best coffee bar none is at the Rain Forest Cafe just outside of Animal Kingdom Park. :mcoffee: I thought I went to heaven.:cloud9:
For a footnote: The best breakfast anywhere.

andreallybadeggs
09-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Also like the spot between Eng/Canada as well as the espresso cart at AK and the stand around the
bend from Alice's Tea Cups (go figure) at MK.

A Big Kid
09-06-2008, 09:10 AM
As with pizza, I have not found good coffee at WDW yet.Ditto- with one exception. The Kona Cafe. I have been drinking coffe for 35 years. The ONLY place I can tolerate WDW coffee is the Kona Cafe. I just do without until and unless we have breakfast at Kona.

WDW coffee, or the stuff they pass off as coffee (nescafe) is shameful. It is a huge glaring hole in the "magic" for me and others.

big blue and hairy
09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
:mickey:

Im glad im not the only one.Each time we have stayed at POP, their coffee has been average to say the least.
And you're being very kind. I've heard that WDW uses the sludge and hot water method. This wouldn't make good tasting coffee out of Starbucks, let alone Nescafe.

I have to agree with tinklover about making your own coffee in the room. If we stay at Pop, we bring the coffeemaker and some Starbucks. When we stay at the Swalphin, they have Starbucks in the room! :thumbsup: :mcoffee:

:sulley:

poohbearkris
09-06-2008, 11:01 PM
I know they have coffee makers in the rooms, but if you bring your own coffee does anybody remember what size filter you need - is is a 4cup filter??? THat seems to be what I am remembering the coffee pot to be. Last time I brought coffee, but forgot the filters, so I had to suffer through a bad pot every morning. DOn't want to make the same mistake again.
Thanks.

dolphinmickey9170
09-07-2008, 09:59 AM
For us, it's our own coffee in our room.

We bring our own coffee pods, made by Maxwell House and sold in a blue square container. We bring our own sugar packets, and I garden grocer many items, including International Coffee Flavors, like French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Southern Butter Pecan, Cinnamon Hazelnut.

Our second runner up is the Kona Coffee at Poly!

big blue and hairy
09-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I know they have coffee makers in the rooms, but if you bring your own coffee does anybody remember what size filter you need - is is a 4cup filter??? THat seems to be what I am remembering the coffee pot to be. Last time I brought coffee, but forgot the filters, so I had to suffer through a bad pot every morning. DOn't want to make the same mistake again.
Thanks.
Yes it's a four cup filter. Be warned, the mods and deluxes have coffee makers, the values do not.

:sulley: