PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Gabon—Earth's Last Eden

Melanie
08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Two-hour premiere on Thursday, September 25 at 8pm eastern.

Meet the cast at cbs.com (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/video.php?cid=827784889&pid=xptF3oadX7XideBRzf627C5w_yXoPK6E&play=true&cc=67).

:search:

thrillme
08-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Horrraaayyyyy...I am SOOOOO there. :number1:

I just wish I could buy the HD TV I want by then. :(SIGHH...I love Survivor so much for the INCREDIBLE tropical scenery. I can only imagine how beautiful this one will be in HD.

EpcotNut
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Can't wait!!:):)

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Interesting cast. Some obvious troublemakers. I'm always excited for a new season of Survivor.

2Epcot
08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
I've been skipping most of the last few seasons of Survivor, but I did watch the one from China. Seeing the show in HD should be good, so I will probably watch this season.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 05:08 AM
I saw my first teaser on CBS last night about Survivor Gabon. Made me very happy. Always exciting to think of a new season getting started.

Carol
08-28-2008, 07:11 AM
So excited the show will air in HD this season. :yay: Bring it on!

Fryguy
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Cannot wait for this! Been waiting for it to appear on the Tivos so that I can schedule it.

Should be interesting!

TheDuckRocks
08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
First impression of the cast: maybe Ace and Corrine will find true love with each other and walk happily into the sunset to have many little manipulators.:thedolls:

tinkerbell04
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I am looking forward to another survivor. I have loved every season and I am sure that this one will be great as well.

NotaGeek
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Hopefully this will show at a time that won't have competing TiVo slots... I haven't watched it in years now...

Minnie Imagineer
08-28-2008, 03:42 PM
CAN'T WAIT!!!
:tikki:

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm excited!! Sounds like it's gonna be a good one.

Mackflava99
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I am totally ready for Survivor- bring it n- TV is boring right now

Diznee4Me
09-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I haven't watched Survivor for YEARS. I will be watching this week ... there is a LOT of male eye candy this season! :thumbsup: Add that to HD and it should make for some great scenery! :)

Fryguy
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Hopefully this will show at a time that won't have competing TiVo slots... I haven't watched it in years now...

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but call Tivo and see if they can do an upgrade to a series 3. Dual-tuner, watch one show and record another. Best part is you can add external storage too!! (HD is nice too)

NotaGeek
09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but call Tivo and see if they can do an upgrade to a series 3. Dual-tuner, watch one show and record another. Best part is you can add external storage too!! (HD is nice too)

I always have 2 shows that I already record during the time slot. I am hoping that this year there is an opening... maybe it will show on On Demand!

d_m_n_n
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I just finished watching the Survivor: Gabon preview show on TVGN. Wow, my hopes are really high this time around!!! :thumbsup: It looks like it is going to be an awesome season!

Davyjones
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
If Gabon is Earth's last Eden, why ruin it with Survivor? ;)

Sorry. Had to be said. :)

thrillme
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm super ready now. I have a new HD Tv and I'm all over it.

:number1:

QTPie68
09-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Oh Boy....here we go again.......well, of course I will be glued to the set ;).

Momof2boys
09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I also watched the preview on TV Guide Network - looks very interesting ! I laughed when the set guy said that with it being in HD they have to hide the duct tape a little better :D

And, as always, it's very nice to see Jeff again :blush:

RenDuran
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Don't forget to watch tonight!

KarenP
09-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I am looking forward to tonights's premiere!

thrillme
09-25-2008, 07:31 PM
And, as always, it's very nice to see Jeff again :blush:

I'm with you there :blush: I have a crush on him for his dimples.

pixiesmimi
09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I saw Jeff on Rachel Ray's Show today and they were having a Survivor competition. He told about some of the contestants and showed pictures of the production village and where they live and cook their food, etc. He even took a picture of himself from the back as he was "relieving himself" just before they started filming on top of a hill. I thought that was gross but guess he decided to show all sides of it. The spot they were in, there was nothing there until they came along and he showed an aerial view of the "village". Quiet a production and gives you a whole new take on the show.

pixiesmimi
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Jeff said something about the videographer that does wedding pictures that was kind of negative but I didn't hear it all. He said that Ken, the professional game player, all he does all day is sit there and play computer games and told Jeff that he had played games like that on the computer and thought he would do well. Jeff laughed at that.

He said that the first night the players were sitting there and all of a sudden an elephant came out of the brush and scared them all. That was when they realized they really were in Africa.

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 06:23 AM
I liked seeing some new scenery. I think they chose a great location this time. I also like that they make a choice in Exile between comfort and the idol. Fang just could not get it together. What a misfit team! I predict they will pull it together somehow for next week, or at least I hope so. Why does Dan keep wearing his necktie to Tribal? Anyone else find that odd? And yet, he doesn't want to step up and lead. I think they made some smart elimination choices, at least.

I'm not liking Ace, Sugar, or Corinne so far. And shocking that Crystal, an Olympic medalist, couldn't even make it up that first hill. Out of shape or acting it up?

Carol
09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Wow - quite a few annoying personalities stood out for a first episode.

I'm glad Michelle went bye-bye. :hi:

Why does Dan keep wearing his necktie to Tribal? Anyone else find that odd? No. The group at tribal typically wear their 'best' clothes - his just includes a tie.

RenDuran
09-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I thought Bob, the man with the bowtie, looked like Bill Nye, the science guy!

Ian
09-26-2008, 07:29 AM
I thought Bob, the man with the bowtie, looked like Bill Nye, the science guy!That's so funny ... I said the same thing to DW last night. I kept waiting for Ellen to pop out of the brush somewhere. ;)

Anyway, good first episode, I thought. The only one I've developed any affinity for so far is Bill Nye ... err ... Bob. He seems like a real nice guy.

There are a couple others I think might grow on me, but no real favorites yet. I did think they made the right elimination choices, though. As much as I'm sure that Gillian was a nice lady, she was clearly going to be too much of a liability in the challenges.

Ace annoys me and GC seems a little "twitchy" to me, too. The jury is still out for me on Randy and Crystal ... Randy is kind of negative and annoying and, honestly, I expected a lot more from an Olympic athlete. I'm hoping she's just sandbagging.

Diznee4Me
09-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Another vote for Bill, er Bob :D. I really like him and he seems to be walking that fine line of leading and keeping under the radar. Of course winning everything helps to keep one, and all, under ther radar.

The scenery was great but how many times did we see that darned Mom and Calf elephent? I am assuming it was the same mom and babe shot fifty times from different angles. If it was the same two elephants it should count as stalking! :laughing:

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 07:47 AM
No. The group at tribal typically wear their 'best' clothes - his just includes a tie.

They do tend to do that, yes, but the necktie still seems a little severe to me now that they're in the game. They've done the "nothing but your street clothes" thing before but I can't recall anyone actually keeping up with it quite so much, even at tribal. Not that I mind it.

Maybe I'm the only one who found it odd, but it is still much better than seeing the body parts fuzzed out when contestants are around camp and under dressed. Bleh. Ace leading yoga cracked me up. I think I'm going to like Paloma and Bob. I'm not going to underestimate Bob now that he mentioned he has worked on lobster boats, too. That's tough work. He could go far. I hope.

offwego
09-26-2008, 08:00 AM
I think I'll wait and see how the underwear holds up before I run out and buy and HD tv for this season.
The location is amazing!
Michelle deserved to go, she was just plain unlikeable. Gillian likely had to go as well but that tribe clearly has issues.
I agree that Bob (Bill Nye) is fairly nice seeming as well. The four alliance members also seem interesting what we got to see of them.
I do have to say I was impressed with Randy making that fish hook from his glasses!
The tie thing in all honesty doesn't bother me much, but I would hate to find myself in Africa with my suit on! Guess I'd have to wear it as well but geepers..if your going on this show I'd spend a week dressed in multiple layers even if I did look chubbier then I am.

thrillme
09-26-2008, 08:27 AM
My Dad, DS and I all chuckled a bit at Dan in the tie. Figured he would have ditched that a LONG time ago but he did look sharp. I was rather concerned because they were talking about voting him out:confused:HELLO...he's probably their strongest player.

Michell was annoying but I think she had some potential that wasn't brought out because she was so bitter about being picked last...She was the "first" girl up the hill. Gillian was more of a liability. She did NOTHING in the challenge till Jeff said something.

I was annoyed by Randy at first. He did seem so negative about marriage, Gillian and his whole tribe...alas...I did start seeing his potential and I loved how he created the fish hook. He might be my favorite on that tribe. I'm very disappointed in the "Olympian". My DS and I have been calling her the Amazon. She's a rather big girl (tall and muscular) or is that just the way the camera's hitting her.

I think my favorite so far has to be Bob "Bill Nye" with the Bow Tie. But there are a few others that I can see warm up too.

I can't believe Charlie was "hitting" on another guy.

Ian
09-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who found it odd, but it is still much better than seeing the body parts fuzzed out when contestants are around camp and under dressed.Well we did get a few "fuzzy" shots with Michelle, but fortunate they gave her scantily clad self the boot. ;)

And okay ... for all you Seinfeld fans out there ... did anyone besides me CRACK UP when that girl said her name was Paloma??

pixiesmimi
09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
You have to wonder why, after all these seasons where the contestants end up without their baggage, why anyone chosen for this show would actually not wear something substantial the first day, knowing they are going to end up in their underwear or something like that. At least Crystal wore her "tennis" shoes (athletic shoes). But a suit and tie and a dress? It's almost like they tell them to wear the most improbable clothing for the area and the skimpiest underware as a qualification.

Do you wonder what was on the map that Jeff gave Dan when he left for Exile and told him that he would know when to use it? Maybe it was a map where to find the sand pit? It never showed him using it. His hunt for the idol did not paint him as a very smart person. I'm sure that was editing.

I did not realize that the premier was going to be two hours until the show started last night! :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
09-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I forgot to set my Tivo last night so I missed the first challenge. I came in right where Michelle said something to the effect of "I wanted to be on the tribe with the beautiful, smart people. I got stuck with dorks." Right there I was ready for her to G.O.!!!

I like Dan, but he was almost too analytical with his searching for the idol. I'm glad he dumped his bag out at TC so that the others knew he didn't have it.

I liked Gillian and was a little sad to see her go. I love the cheerleading, optimistic types.

And I must give :thumbsup::thumbsup: for the eye candy this season! :blush: Wow, there are some cuties!!! Not quite Colby, but pretty darn close!

Ian
09-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I liked Gillian and was a little sad to see her go. I love the cheerleading, optimistic types.Yeah, but ... you can take cheerleading and optimism too far.

Trust me ... if you're a competitive type and you hate to lose there is nothing worse than listening to someone blow sunshine after you just got your rear end kicked not once but twice.

I can safely say I would have been voting for her, too, because she carried the Little Miss Sunshine routine too far, IMO.

Ed
09-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Let's hear it for Bob, aka Bill Nye. :thumbsup:

First one to climb on the roof of the hut to seal up the roof.:thumbsup:

Balancing on the boulders to pull down the keys.:thumbsup:

Figuring out the puzzle in no time at all.:thumbsup:

At 57 years old, he's showing up a lot of the younger set.

Think I'll send him one of those shirts that read:

OLD GUYS ROCK!

:old:

KarenP
09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I was glad to se Gillian go. I could not listen to her any longer.

I think I must be the only one that liked Michelle. I thought she was the most physically fit girl on her team and I hated to see her go so soon.

I still don't understand why these people run around in their underwear. Couldn't they bring a bathing suit or gym shorts to wear instead?

d_m_n_n
09-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, but ... you can take cheerleading and optimism too far.

Trust me ... if you're a competitive type and you hate to lose there is nothing worse than listening to someone blow sunshine after you just got your rear end kicked not once but twice.

I can safely say I would have been voting for her, too, because she carried the Little Miss Sunshine routine too far, IMO.

Good point, Ian. Since I came in late, I only saw the one cheerleading session. I'm not competitive, but I could see how that could wear on some nerves!

pixiesmimi
09-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I think they think after all these seasons that the underwear is a status symbol now. :D

I couldn't tell from her accent where Gillian was from but she did seem very knowledgable in the ways of the wild there in Africa. Maybe she just did a lot of research but at least she did her homework. She wasn't good at the physical challenges but on previous season there were people that went very far without doing anything in the physical challenges. I think Gillian may have just been on the wrong team because it doesn't appear that the people on this team want to do or learn anything. The competitors always want someone to step up as a leader right off the bat and tell them how to set up shelter, etc. but when someone does offer advice or steps up, they get voted off right away. I think they should have voted GC (or whatever his name was) off instead because of his attitude (seemed like a chip on his shoulder) and unwillingness to lead because someone said something. He kept saying "I can say anything I want...Don't talk to me like that...etc." That was irritating to me.

Disneypixie513
09-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I also liked Michelle. I wish she would have lasted longer. I like Bob alot too. He's really cool.
Gillian annoyed me alot. I'm not so big on the insanely perky optomistic people.
Fang needs to pull it together big time if they want to win any challenges.
I sorta liked Charlie, but when he started hitting on that other guy, it kinda creeped me out.

MScholl13
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I couldn't tell from her accent where Gillian was from but she did seem very knowledgable in the ways of the wild there in Africa.

DH and I watch a lot of Man VS. Wild and a ton of things Gillian was saying was taken directly off of his show! For example: the whole squeezing elephant dung to get water. I think she did her research by watching that show! :D

At any rate I was glad to see her go! She was beyond annoying. I can't wait to watch tonight!

pixiesmimi
10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I was impressed tonight with Sugar finding the idol. I don't think the other guy (Don?) even tried very hard. But when she said that there was a little lizard in the water she had to cross, that was a crocodile even though it was a small one. :) Wonder if she actually knew that.

I am getting real frustrated with GC and wish they would hurry up and vote him off. He is useless. I think a lot of them are right about Ace. I don't like him either and am not sure they voted off the right person tonight.

Did they ever say who won the valuable player from last week? I didn't hear them say anything. I tried to vote for this week but it wouldn't accept my id and password to vote and got frustrated and quit. :mad:

SBETigg
10-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Last night was interesting, if all too predictable. I changed my opinion of some people. I wasn't sad to see Paloma go, when I originally thought I might like her. I didn't think I was going to like Sugar, but I was really pulling for her to find that idol. I still don't like Ace. Sticking with him may mess up Sugar's game and turn out to be a big mistake. GC is a case. He makes Randy look tolerable. I predict an early tribe mix up. I'm still pulling for Bob, and undecided on most of the others.

Ian
10-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Gillian annoyed me alot. I'm not so big on the insanely perky optomistic people.Yeah, that's about how I felt about her, too. I was glad to see her go.

DH and I watch a lot of Man VS. Wild and a ton of things Gillian was saying was taken directly off of his show! For example: the whole squeezing elephant dung to get water. I think she did her research by watching that show! :DThat's so funny ... I was thinking the same thing when I heard her say that. I think she's a Bear Grylls fan!

As far as last night's episode goes, read Sherri's post ... she took the words right out of my mouth!

:ditto:

thrillme
10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
I sorta liked Charlie, but when he started hitting on that other guy, it kinda creeped me out.

That bothered me too...and right at the beginning of the game too :confused:. Alas Charlie's "interest" handled things well I thought and even allied with him. I think I would have still been a little "uncomfortable".

I was impressed tonight with Sugar finding the idol. I don't think the other guy (Don?) even tried very hard. But when she said that there was a little lizard in the water she had to cross, that was a crocodile even though it was a small one. :) Wonder if she actually knew that. :

I had to laugh a bit at that...Attorney vrs Pin up Blond...Poor fella couldn't even find the sand pit. I thought the "lizard" was a Camin?

I am getting real frustrated with GC and wish they would hurry up and vote him off. He is useless. I think a lot of them are right about Ace. I don't like him either and am not sure they voted off the right person tonight. :

I too am growing annoyed with GC. In fact...I heard somewhere GC stands for "Golden Child". Oh plu-eeze. Ace annoyed me with the thought of "throwing the reward challenge" and then they lost immunity. I was also annoyed at Ace when "during" the immunity challenge he does that little spin thing to show off going down the slide. :confused:

Ian
10-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I was also annoyed at Ace when "during" the immunity challenge he does that little spin thing to show off going down the slide. :confused:I'm just annoyed by him because he calls himself Ace.

What grown man goes by Ace???

pixiesmimi
10-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I had to laugh a bit at that...Attorney vrs Pin up Blond...Poor fella couldn't even find the sand pit. I thought the "lizard" was a Camin?

It may have been a Camin. I'm not really up on all the species but just know I don't want to have anything to do with any of them. :) I'm sure they told her to go ahead, they would protect her from anything like that. :) I would have had trouble walking across the swamp or whatever. You never know what is going to be in those things.

Melanie
10-10-2008, 01:52 AM
So many of these folks get on my nerves, mainly Ace and Sugar. I was really hoping they'd get split up. :unsure:

Ian
10-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Yeah, Ace and GC on tops of my "Hope They Go Home Soon" list. They're both really irritating.

SBETigg
10-10-2008, 06:37 AM
I still don't like Ace but Sugar is growing on me. I wished she had been on the other team, away from Ace. Kelly is so annoying! Keeping Jacquie might have been the smarter move. I'm still not sure. The twist was not as shocking and new as they were advertising. It was a pretty standard Survivor tactic by now to me.

Randy is really creepy. I think he's a little unbalanced. I was slightly bummed that he performed well in the challenge, making Susie vulnerable next. Not that I'm all that attached to Susie, or that the team is in danger of losing with Marcus. I think it's so funny that he continues to let Charlie crush on him. Can you believe it took so long for someone to pick up Bob? It might good for him if they're underestimating him at this point.

pixiesmimi
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I was a little shocked to read that the producers don't always get enough "qualified" contestants for the show and recruit models and actors as contestants. That really changes the show for me because I am thinking "how much more of the show is manipulated instead of being what really happens?" You can read about this on MSN today or I can post it here if you want. Interesting some of the behind the scenes secrets they are letting us in on now. It kind of spoils the show for me but most I had figured out already after watching for so many seasons. In Survivor Figi, only one contestant was a true contestant and not a recruit. I wonder about this season.

SBETigg
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I was a little shocked to read that the producers don't always get enough "qualified" contestants for the show and recruit models and actors as contestants. That really changes the show for me because I am thinking "how much more of the show is manipulated instead of being what really happens?" You can read about this on MSN today or I can post it here if you want. Interesting some of the behind the scenes secrets they are letting us in on now. It kind of spoils the show for me but most I had figured out already after watching for so many seasons. In Survivor Figi, only one contestant was a true contestant and not a recruit. I wonder about this season.

I still enjoy it, but it is suspect. I forget which season Jonathan Penner was on, but I'm pretty sure that's the season you're referencing. He had guest-starred in some CBS shows with three or four of the other contestants, so they knew each other in advance. Unreal. I can't believe they don't have more qualified regular non-actors who want to compete.

This season, I know Sugar is pushing herself as a "pinup model" but she was a regular recurring character on Gilmore Girls and she has been a guest star on several other television shows. She's an actor. It doesn't mean her actions aren't real, but it does make you wonder. That whole "Sugar gets the Idol" storyline sure made for some good Survivor TV. I think a better term for reality television would be "unscripted TV" but then again-- they all list writers in the credits.

pixiesmimi
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
They said they had a lot of contestants that applied but that none of them "qualified" for the show. I wonder what the qualifications are that they can't choose some of these. Might make for a more exciting show. :) Go and read all the questions that were asked. It is very interesting. I won't post them so as to not give a lot away to others that don't want to know but it sure spoils some of it for me. They said the same about the Amazing Race so I guess that explains a lot of the contestants on there too.

KarenP
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
So many of these folks get on my nerves, mainly Ace and Sugar. I was really hoping they'd get split up. :unsure:

Me too! I was hoping the others would vote Ace out since they knew Sugar was coming to their team.

Minnie Imagineer
10-10-2008, 03:46 PM
someone on the show mentioned that they think Ace is a conartist...I agree.
Sugar is equally annoying. When she was looking for the idol in the swamp, they kept showing an elephant like it was right there, LOL
Kelly and Jackie looks exactly the same.
Ken is mean for using Kelly for a vote.
I like Bob the best!
Charlie is creeping me out with his 'i love whatshisface' comments
Crystal should be stronger, right? I am a little dissapointed
GC should be voted off, enough said
Dan, Marcus, and Matty...I cant tell the difference between them
Randy is being really rude.
And suzie seems really weak, but well see

ps. I'm glad they ranked GC 2nd to last!

KarenP
10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I think they were so stupid last night to vote off GC instead of Sugar when they knew she had the idol. It was the perfect opportunity to blindside her with GC asking to be sent home. Having said that, I do like Sugar. I just wish she wasn't teamed up with Ace.

Mackflava99
10-17-2008, 10:59 AM
It waas an idiotic move- Sugar was ripe to vote off-
GC is a dope though, he sems like a nice guy but is cranky and doesnt try hard in the contests... That surprised me alot.

Overall i say this is the least athletic group ever on survivor..

I can't stand Ace either it was great when he got hit in the face with a pineapple

pixiesmimi
10-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm glad that GC is gone but I think that when Jeff started asking questions about the idol last night, it clued Sugar in to the fact that they might vote for her and I think she might have used it if GC hadn't started talking about going home. I figured after that they would go ahead and vote for GC. That would have been a good time to blind side her if they had worked things a little better but I'm sure after the last season, she was wise to that tactic. They will have to try to do a better job next time to work it out if she doesn't give it to Ace. That would be stupid but you never know what she will do. I have to wonder if Jeff didn't do that on purpose to get them to vote GC out since he had given up.

thrillme
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Randy was right about GC early on. He was a "cancer" that needed to be cut out. Granted they possibly SHOULD have flushed Sugar out (I actually kinda like her although)...BUT...GC very CLEARLY did NOT care anymore.

He was late to leave for the immunity challenge. It was most beneficial to get rid of him. Personally I really have a problem with those that quit. I would LOVE the opportunity to be there. I know it can be rough but...to be there where everything is so beautiful and so natural...for 39 days out of a lifetime...what a reward even if you don't win.

Stich8818
10-17-2008, 02:48 PM
We know in this game you have to lie and do other things that you have to do to win. But I remeber this happening on Survivor:China and it happend again last night. When did it become acceptable to go thgough somone's personal belongings? I mean I have seen some dirty things done on there..but I dont know why that bothered me so much.

But the episode last night was good...And as another poster said, How cool would it be to do Survivor..I mean I could not in any way so anyone who could do it more power to them. But I guess its not for everyone.

Ian
10-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not so sure. GC was a real cancer on that team and he was almost certain to cost them more competitions down the road. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and hold off on making what looks like the obvious move just to stave off future tribal councils.

Also, GC would be much tougher than Sugar when it turns into an individual game. There's upside to getting him out for that reason, as well.

And the truth is, I think the value of the Idol is completely and totally overstated. How many times has it actually worked to save someone? Once? Twice max?

All you have to do is lull the person into enough of a sense of security before tribal and you can blindside them easily.

RenDuran
10-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I finally saw saw this week's show!

I was glad to see GC go. That guy's attitude was bad before he had even gotten out there. It was only getting worse.

I think Randy is an extremely intelligent player. When he hollered for Ace to freeze during that immunity challenge, that was good! He's got a very good way with people...sizing them up and figuring them out. I think it was Marcus that had underestimated what he could do for their tribe last week, thinking he was too out-of-shape or old to be a good player in that water polo game, and Randy ended up scoring all three goals!

Ace seems less annoying lately. Or it could be that everyone else was so annoying that it overshadowed him! To have such strength on the Fang team, they look terrible in these challenges.

offwego
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree with the PP when did it become clearly ok to go through someone else's bags? Sugar was clearly aware they had from both what she said and the way she looked, but that really bothered me as well.

And I agree Randy's ploy of yelling freeze Ace was brilliant! I hadn't cared much for him but agree that was well done. Really changed my view of him as a player.

thrillme
10-20-2008, 07:39 PM
And I agree Randy's ploy of yelling freeze Ace was brilliant! .

Did anyone else find it somewhat amusing that Ace couldn't seem to tell the different between a pin up model's voice and a crusty ol man?

Either that or Ace has experienced the "law" a time or two in his youth and it was a natural reaction.

Randy started growing on me when he made the fish hook out of his eye glasses.

RenDuran
10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Did anyone else find it somewhat amusing that Ace couldn't seem to tell the different between a pin up model's voice and a crusty ol man?

Yeah, that was the best part!

I thought I was going to like Sugar more. But it seems to me like she's trying too hard to be cute...like dancing down the path to Exile Island. I don't think she's stupid, but she's just a little too cutesie!

SBETigg
10-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't think Sugar and Ace are long for Fang. Giving Ace the Idol would be a really dumb move, but I can see Sugar being that girl. And still, like Ian, I'm not sure that having the Idol will save Ace for long. It won't take much to coax it into play, or for it not to be played when needed. GC was the smart move for elimination this time. Anyone who doesn't want to be there isn't contributing and will bring the whole team down.

I really can't stand Randy. He's playing a smart game. He's doing well in challenges. And yet I still feel that he's hating every minute of it and everyone in it with him. He's giving off a creepy, anti-social vibe, for me. Like Joel and Shane of seasons past. I'm still a Bob fan. I don't mind Marcus and Charlie. They haven't shown us much from that side, which leads me to think they won't lose much. But they have given us enough to see that there's only room for one alpha male, and I predict Susie may be spared in a loss due to a testosterone showdown between Marcus and Dan.

RenDuran
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
I really can't stand Randy. He's playing a smart game. He's doing well in challenges. And yet I still feel that he's hating every minute of it and everyone in it with him. He's giving off a creepy, anti-social vibe, for me.

Oh, the guy is definitely anti-social...all you have to do is read his bio on the Survivor site. And I find it strange that he's a wedding videographer when he has such disdain for people! But he's still good at what he does...which is figure people out and play them well.

Mackflava99
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I think Randy is an extremely intelligent player. When he hollered for Ace to freeze during that immunity challenge, that was good! .

I am not sure Randy is intelligent- he is sly, and cunning, but he is also a little too sure of himself. It may hurt him eventually.

It was a good move if you are on his team but a cheap move if you were not- BUT also Sugar was an awful caller- so she hurt them.

As for ACE- i hope he is voted off sooner than later- he is a concieted loser.

offwego
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
So that was an odd episode last night. Did Kelly really think calling everyone out like that was going to help in some way?

And Sugar crying over eating was fine (mostly of course since no one could see her) but Crystal was weak? Even though Kelly dropped out long before her? Gack!

I hope the merge comes sooner rather then later or fang is going to be an empty camp.

Ian
10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
First off, Randy came off as really slimy last night. That shot that he took at Crystal was totally uncalled for.

That being said, Crystal is weak. I actually have a great deal of trouble believing she's an Olympian. She was gassed in that challenge. Where's her stamina?? And then to cry about it ... she isn't much of a competitor at all, in my book. I'd be pushing hard to vote her off.

Why is it that, lately, one tribe seems to dominate the other one so significantly. It actually becomes kind of boring. I was really pulling for Fang to pull one out just to shake things up.

I hope they get to the merge soon, because it's dull right now.

RenDuran
10-24-2008, 08:58 PM
That was a cheap shot that Randy took. He's going to have his own team looking to vote him off if he starts acting like a little kid!

If Crystal keeps performing like she has been, I think the U.S. Olympic team may want to recant her gold medals. I'm with Ian...I have a hard time even believing she's an Olympian-level athlete! Watching her in these challenges, I can't imagine her having the strength and stamina to withstand years of training!

I'm really starting to like Matty. Did anyone notice that white thing in his ear during one close-up scene? Was that a hearing aid?

SBETigg
10-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes, Randy was showing his social sensitivity. I've wanted him gone since the first show, but he's in a good spot for now. I can't see him getting picked off for some time. And Crystal, I don't recall how long ago she was an Olympic athlete, but it seems she hasn't stayed in rigorous training. Though, that snake was probably heavy. I like Matty, but his leadership on that task was way off. He was too quick to tell people to cut loose. Ace and Matt couldn't handle it alone. And then they were so close on the Immunity challenge. I thought they finally had one-- but Ace had to dominate and couldn't figure it out.

Looks like we're coming on to a merge. I'm really not sure how it will work out once they combine this time. Normally they would pick off strength after merge, but the strongest players have some tight alliances this time around. Or do they? We'll see. There's a lot of wild cards in this bunch headed for the merge, and I like that it's a little less predictable that way.

Ian
10-25-2008, 09:45 AM
And Crystal, I don't recall how long ago she was an Olympic athlete, but it seems she hasn't stayed in rigorous training.She won a gold medal in the women's 4x400 m relay at the 2004 Summer Games. She was also the American indoor 200 meter champion the same year, so it wasn't all that long ago.

I like Matty, but his leadership on that task was way off. He was too quick to tell people to cut loose. Ace and Matt couldn't handle it alone. And then they were so close on the Immunity challenge. I thought they finally had one-- but Ace had to dominate and couldn't figure it out. I totally agree. He demonstrated very poor leadership on that task. In fact, I would say he and Ace singlehandedly lost both challenges for them this week with their arrogance.

Jeff put it best ... this is a group of individuals. Unless they come together as a team (highly doubtful) they're going to continue to lose challenges.

RenDuran
10-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't know about his leadership skills, but I'm looking forward to seeing Matty's abs tomorrow night!

SBETigg
10-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow, can you believe Sugar really wrote Ace's name down? Suprising move. I'm glad he's gone, but I'm still not sure it was her best move going into merge.

The writing was on the wall for Dan. Susie was incredibly naive to be so honest with Corrine. Bad move! But I don't think Marcus likes the idea of another dominant male around. Will he win all of the immunity challenges? Possibly. Did you catch the preview for next week with Randy? Oh man. I have a feeling he might be his own worst enemy.

pixiesmimi
11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I wonder what prompts Randy to think that? Wonder what leads up to it? Did I see right? Is he pulling a Richard? How gross! Yes, I think he is his own worse enemy and will step in it soon. People don't like him as well as he thinks they do.

All I can say is they had better merge soon or there will be no more Fang. They really can't even compete now because they don't have the numbers for anything. Do you really think the producers don't feel sorry for them not having any food all this time and haven't been giving them something besides rice to eat? If they ever figure out that Sugar has been eating all this time, she will be the next to go. She is the strongest one in view of eating and she still can't do anything in the challenges.

Ian
11-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Randy is starting to take on the "Johnny Fairplay" role this season. I'm disliking him more and more. :ack:

Fang was stupid to vote Ace out. He's one of their best competitors and they still can't win challenges. How are they going to do now?

SBETigg
11-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Fang was stupid to vote Ace out. He's one of their best competitors and they still can't win challenges. How are they going to do now?

They're down to the traditional merge number (10), they already had one individual immunity challenge, and next week's preview leads me to believe they do merge. Ace probably would have been voted off first after merge anyway. He's strong and who can trust him? But Sugar could have used Ace on her side if he stayed. Crystal seems to be looking out for Crystal. I think Kenny would have been smarter to see the value of a Matty-Ace-Sugar-Kenny alliance over keeping Crystal in the game.

Randy probably thinks he's in a good spot having built solid ties to members of Kota and Fang. Working two alliances against each other seldom pays off for the man in the middle. We'll see how Randy plays it. I'm hoping not well and he goes home soon. For now, Matt looks pretty vulnerable.

RenDuran
11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
If they ever figure out that Sugar has been eating all this time, she will be the next to go. She is the strongest one in view of eating and she still can't do anything in the challenges.

And probably sleeping better too! She's got a hammock and doesn't have to share it with anyone.

SBETigg
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
And now the ads are making me doubt they actually merge this week. I love it when they keep me guessing. A new twist would be great. I still think Matty's in more danger than Sugar, though. He's kind of out there without an alliance now.

RenDuran
11-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Oh, Charlie is going to be so upset that his main man is gone! I was surprised that Susie had the backbone to do that!

I've really come to dislike Corinne. I was feeling the same about Marcus, so I was glad to see him go.

Still digging Matty...but what was up with his maniacal laughter during that challenge?! That seemed so unlike him, but I guess he knew that if his tribe lost he'd be the first one to go.

I loved the water works from Sugar when she realized she'd screwed over Ace!

Melanie
11-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I've really come to dislike Corinne.

I don't like her either! Wow, to come right out and admit your vindictive?!?! She's a keeper. :rolleyes: I was reading an interview with Dan, and he wasn't kind to her at all.

I liked this episode. Blindsides are always fun to me, especially to those who think they are in complete control. Cannot wait to see the reaction from "Fang".

SBETigg
11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
What a twist! It was great. I love it when they surprise me. I was really pulling for Matt in the challenge. The only people I really like now are Matty and Bob. And they're both on shaky ground! Can they turn it around? Gosh, I hope so.

Randy gets creepier each week. I don't think Susie's crazy, as he keeps accusing, but I do think she's not that bright. She keeps revealing information unsolicited, things much better left unsaid. She gets no points for subtlety. But getting rid of Marcus was probably smart. Crystal has more game than I imagined. But I can't see that lasting for her. It worked out this week. I really don't know what will happen next, but there's going to be a lot of scrambling and perhaps some late-forming or realigning alliances.

JanetMegan
11-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Ok here's my crazy Survivor thought for the day. I think Crystal has been faking being bad at challenges since day one so they don't vote her out for being strong. It's hard for me to imagine as an athlete who has trained as hard as she has in the past that she can really be THAT bad at everything??? Maybe she will kick it up completely once individual immunity starts?

I'm glad Kenny is safe...

Mackflava99
11-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Last night was a shocker of sorts, but Marcus kind of blew it by playing 2 sides.

As for Crystal, At first i liked her alot, now i find her annoying-
She is miserable at challenges. the worst "athlete" i have seen. She was an Olympic athlete, but she is slow and tires very quickly. She is quite possibly the WORST female athlete of all time on Survivor- If not, then she is the most over-hyped and over-rated one,,,,
P.s. Kenny is getting pretty cocky- he needs some reality checks...

SBETigg
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok here's my crazy Survivor thought for the day. I think Crystal has been faking being bad at challenges since day one so they don't vote her out for being strong. It's hard for me to imagine as an athlete who has trained as hard as she has in the past that she can really be THAT bad at everything??? Maybe she will kick it up completely once individual immunity starts?

It seems that the only explanation would have to be that Crystal is faking it, but then that would be an incredibly risky and foolish strategy when strength is what keeps you around in the pre-merge weeks. Her team lost again and again and the dwindling numbers do her no favors. So really, I can't imagine she would risk it to that extent. Maybe she's just not good at the kinds of challenges Survivor presents. I agree that it is pretty hard to believe.

Ian
11-07-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm glad Kenny is safe...Agreed on all points.

Last night was cool. I like when people get blindsided ... new game now! :thumbsup:

Melanie
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM

I think you are definitely on to something, Janet.

pixiesmimi
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM

I thought the same thing last night. The only thing is, this tribe has people now that have been losing over and over again and they just voted off their strongest player. So they may start really losing now unless, like you say, Crystal is faking. I just find it so hard to believe that she is this big Olympic star and she couldn't even hold up those poles for more than a minute. I was afraid Matty was going to mess it up and then he would be gone. I'm glad he pulled it out. Kudo's to Bob for hanging in there longer than all the younger ones.

Boy, were they stupid to throw the idol away! Kenny should have grabbed it when he could. Bet he is wishing now that he had.

SBETigg
11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
The way they kept showing the idol just floating there on the bottle makes me wonder if it will reappear. Will someone go looking for it? Might it wash ashore? Or is it really gone? It made for possibilites, anyway. It's too bad Kenny didn't snap up that paper clue before anyone, before Charlie, noticed.

thrillme
11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
I love Bob. I'm figuring though he stands a strong possibility of going next week unless a merge happens.

Ian
11-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Good news for Bob ... there's so many other annoying people in this game, he should be able to fly under the radar for a good long while.

Right now, I'd take voting off Randy, Crystal, and Corinne in pretty much any order. They're all really annoying me, with honorable mention going to Randy for climbing into the top 4 of all-time most irritating Survivors.

Melanie
11-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Puhleeeese show Corrine the door next week!!!!

JanetMegan
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
I for one am SOOO glad Charlie is gone, his voice really got on my nerves. I do dislike Randy BUT I still have to laugh everytime I think of him screwing Ace up on that one challenge. I was glad to see Susie win immunity last night with the fire challenge.

ChipnDaleGal
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
This is a group of very unlikable people. The only person I am pulling for is Bob. I hope he can fly under the radar and let the crazies knock each other out for the next few weeks.

Ian
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
btw did anyone besides me think that Randy's comments at tribal last night were just overtly racist?? I'm really surprised everyone let that pass, because I thought it was totally inappropriate. I would have ripped him for it.

I did love the fact that Probst took a shot at him by calling him out for his vote, though. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Corrine next! Corrine next!
No, wait a minute....
Randy next! Randy next! Randy next!

Go Bob!!! Wouldn't you just love to see someone like Bob beat the odds and take the whole thing?

ChipnDaleGal
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
btw did anyone besides me think that Randy's comments at tribal last night were just overtly racist?? I'm really surprised everyone let that pass, because I thought it was totally inappropriate. I would have ripped him for it.

I did love the fact that Probst took a shot at him by calling him out for his vote, though. :thumbsup:

I did think he was very racist in his tirade. I can not think of any former player that is uglier than he is in terms of personality. He seems like a very bitter and unhappy man.

Carol
11-14-2008, 10:57 AM
This is a group of very unlikable people. My thoughts exactly. :ack:

Ian
11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I can not think of any former player that is uglier than he is in terms of personality. He seems like a very bitter and unhappy man.I think that sums it up quite accurately.

SBETigg
11-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I did think he was very racist in his tirade. I can not think of any former player that is uglier than he is in terms of personality. He seems like a very bitter and unhappy man.

I agree with you and with Ian. I thought someone was going to call him on it. I give Crystal some credit for just keeping her mouth shut instead of calling him on it after that, but it must have been hard, especially for someone as outspoken as Crystal. Randy is my least favorite, followed by Corrine and Crystal, but this is a largely unlikable group.

I do like Bob, Matty, and Sugar's acceptable. That's it. Kenny started to bother me last night, too. Susie has a creep factor as well. But Randy, Crystal, and Corrine are the ones I really want to see gone at this point. And I'm sure Charlie's thrilled to have some alone time with Marcus before Corrine gets there, for now.

TwinPrincesses
11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
I am really not liking this season--what a group of unlikable players. I hope Bob can stick around--but I feel bad for him being stuck with those characters around the clock.

Nascfan
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
My thoughts exactly. :ack:

I'm with you, big time.

Ian
11-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Seriously ... the only likable one on this season is Bob. Sugar isn't too bad, but she's had her moments.

I wonder if this is a by-product of recruiting survivors instead of just taking normal people? I've been finding it harder and harder to like the castaways on this show for the past couple years now.

I miss the players like Rupert and Big Tom and Elisabeth and Stephanie ... they were people you could get behind and root for. Okay, so I know Rupert wasn't much of a game player, but he was a genuinely nice guy.

RenDuran
11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
When Randy started calling Crystal "Sasquatch" you just knew there was going to be more name calling at some point! That guy is certifiable!

Corrine just gets more annoying. I loved her during tribal last night, though, when Crystal's name came up four times and Corrine gave that smirky smile to her buddies, obviously thinking they were getting rid of Crystal! And then Charlie's name came up the next five times! He didn't seem too fazed to be leaving. I'm sure Marcus was on his mind!

What's up with Kenny getting all cocky? I liked him better when he was quiet and unassuming. Now he's got a chip on his shoulder and he almost sounds like Randy did an episode ago! Of course, that was back when Randy didn't seem so evil! Now he's just seething with anger.

thrillme
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I LOVE Bob...and I'm quite impressed with Sugar...

I found it humorous that Corrine figured she "suckered" Sugar when in all reality...Sugar "suckered" her. :thumbsup:

Hopefully Bob breaks his alliance (but he seems too good hearted to do so)...(Beautiful JOB on the fake idol...WOW)

Randy is who he is. He's been playing quite strongly...NOW...he's been well...uh...err...you know...but I wouldn't mind having him sit next to me in the final two. With my CHARM I'd be bound to take it by landslide. :blush:

You gotta wonder why he's never been married.:rotfl::funny::haha:

Mousefever
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
And I'm sure Charlie's thrilled to have some alone time with Marcus before Corrine gets there, for now.

Very funny. I guess I'm rooting for Bob too. I used to dislike Sugar more because she was coasting with Ace and didn't seem to be playing the game. Now she seems to have more of a strategy. I think Sugar's OK now.

Amy

TheDuckRocks
11-15-2008, 07:19 AM

And how would you like to have him doing the video od your wedding?

RenDuran
11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
And how would you like to have him doing the video od your wedding?

I guess he makes the chicks on "Bridezilla" look sweet and innocent in comparison! It does seem like an interesting profession for a man that has an obvious dislike of most people.

KarenP
11-15-2008, 04:44 PM
I cannot stand Randy. Gotta love Probst for calling him out on his vote!

I believe Kenny thinks he has more power than he actually does.

I was liking Corinne up until her nasty comments about Sugar.

I like Bob and Sugar the best.

Ian
11-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

That might be the best Survivor episode I've ever seen. It was certainly the best tribal ever!

TiggeRia
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM
That was FABULOUS!!! I was literally laughing out loud. I'm really pulling for Bob right now with Sugar as a second. Looking forward to the next episode. Also can't wait to check out the clip of Randy arriving at Ponderosa! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
That was FABULOUS!!! I was literally laughing out loud. I'm really pulling for Bob right now with Sugar as a second. Looking forward to the next episode. Also can't wait to check out the clip of Randy arriving at Ponderosa! :thumbsup:

Absolutely! I've really been enjoying the Ponderosa miniseries. Last week's Brokeback Ponderosa was pretty fun to watch. This week should be even better!

I would love a Bob, Sugar, Matty, Kenny final four.

RenDuran
11-21-2008, 06:45 AM
I was praying that Randy would definitely get voted out last night. Could you imagine his wrath if he hadn't been, after using that fake idol?

I was actually surprised that Bob would outright lie like that. He's been playing such a straight game. I'm guessing he won't be getting Randy's vote if he would make it to final 3!

thrillme
11-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Bob probably figured that his alliance was gone after Charlie got voted out so he figured he's going to have to switch sides.

With so much animosity against Randy he figured it was like siding with the devil and it wasn't going to do any good.

Sugar (the DUMB blond...NOT) is really controlling the game.

I'd love to see Corrine go next but...they really need to break up the Crystal, Susie, Ken thing or they WILL blindside Sugar. They already know she has the idol now after the play last night they know Bob does NOT have the idol. I laughed soooooo hard. Bob played it soooo cool. He made an unbelievablely perfect fake idol. I was sorta crushed when Jeff threw it in the fire.

I gotta wonder if Randy KNOWS that Bob fooled him or thinks that Sugar made the fake idol and fooled Bob? We know we will hear more about this later.

I would LOVE to see Sugar and Bob in the final but I'm afraid it's going to be Crystal and Kenny if we don't get rid of Crystal.

They really need to break up the Crystal, Kenny, Susie thing quick.

CU Tiger
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Bob has been very quiet and I guess he is now coming to play. I was shocked :eek:that he tricked one of his alliances, but I thought it was a smart move. This will keep him in the game for a couple more shows. I am pulling for him and I am surprised that the other players think an older guy is considered a threat in the challenges. I though a past Olympian would be a bigger threat in the challenges than she is. Sugar is really playing the game, but I do not think she will get the votes if she is in the final two. I am on the fence with her.:mickey:

JanetMegan
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Boy that was one of the best episodes EVER! I'm really liking Sugar a lot, I hope she can hang in there!!

justice11
11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
i was roll:funny::funny:ing on the floor laughing. oh my gosh that was good.

Mackflava99
11-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, i did think Randy's "posse' comments were racist- he is almost like a 2008 version of Archie Bunker.
I loved the look on his face when he found out it wasnt the idol.
Jeff played it very wel too- he drew out the discussion and then said "this is definitely NOT an idol"

it does pain me to see Crystal stay in the game- she doesnt try in events and realy isnt strategic.
Suzie is staying on, way longer than she should have been.
I am changed on Kenny- he is trying hard in the events and he is PLAYING the game.

Sugar- i am still unsure- she is playing well, and she is actually smarter than i thought.

BOB- 3 cheers for Bob- he got rid of Randy-
it has to win him points, though Randy will never vote for him-

Maddie a prime target- because he is the only physical person left.

I am looking forward to the last episode because the Judges speeches will all be bitter-

Ian
11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I would LOVE to see Sugar and Bob in the final ... Me too ... they're definitely the most deserving two left.

it does pain me to see Crystal stay in the game- she doesnt try in events and realy isnt strategic.If Crystal was to, somehow, win this game ... that would be a tragedy because she has been just a complete non-factor. She hasn't played well in the competitions, strategically she really hasn't done anything, and she's actually been sorta nasty herself.

Same for Suzie. She's a mess and, honestly, she's only stayed around as long as she has by being completely useless.

SBETigg
11-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Same for Suzie. She's a mess and, honestly, she's only stayed around as long as she has by being completely useless.

I definitely agree about most of what you said. Crystal did play Marcus, I'll give her that. But she has had a bad attitude through the game and I would like to see her gone after Corrine.

Susie is creepy to me somehow. I can't say why exactly but aside from her lack of social skills, I just don't give her game much credit. Still, I can't say she's useless. She adds to the vote count. She works at camp, which isn't much for strategy except she did rule on that fire-making challenge. She actually won an Immunity challenge, which is more than Crystal can say (mind-blowing, isn't it?). And we all know how important those fire-making skills can be in the game of Survivor. Other than that, yes, she is pretty useless.

Mousefever
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I had no idea that they filmed the people after they are voted off! Had never heard of Ponderosa. But I found it on youtube. Brokeback Ponderosa, that SO funny! "I can't quit you, Marcus!!"

I've never been so gleeful watching a tribal council. My son and I were laughing our hind quarter regions off. It was awesom!

Amy

Ian
11-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I totally agree about Susie being creepy. That whole thing with the bath was just odd ... she paid all that money for it and then bailed out after like 2 minutes??

Although, I found it sort of strange that they made her disrobe and get in the tub in front of everyone?? :confused:

Chrisx2
11-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I can't remember a season when I have disliked so many. There's always one or two but this time there are only one or two that I like! I wish there was a way Bob could stay until the end but I don't see it happening.

Melanie
11-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Boy that was one of the best episodes EVER! I'm really liking Sugar a lot, I hope she can hang in there!!

I didn't like Sugar at all at first, but boy, she's a player. One of the best tribal councils ever. Loved it!!!!

OH, and as indifferent as I am to Crystal (I don't dislike her as much as most of you do), I thought her yelling at Tribal was priceless. Great TV! :funny:

SBETigg
11-23-2008, 12:27 PM

I didn't like Sugar at all at first, but boy, she's a player. One of the best tribal councils ever. Loved it!!!!

OH, and as indifferent as I am to Crystal (I don't dislike her as much as most of you do), I thought her yelling at Tribal was priceless. Great TV! :funny:

I feel the same way about Sugar, and yes-- Crystal's yelling was hilarious! This is going to be a great group at the final tribal council, if anything.

Magic Smiles
11-25-2008, 11:08 AM

I have to agree.

DH and I just finished re-watching Survivor Fans vs Favorites. Funny how you forget previous Survivors.......talk about blind siding! It was 4 or 5 in a row. As Jeff says, they prefected the art of blind siding.

offwego
11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Crystal yelling was pretty priceless I have to admit.

I am really pulling for Sugar and Bob at this point.
I agree with those who said the whole bath thing was just bizzare. Undressing like that and then not staying in it? Did she even wash her hair? Just plain odd.

The whole cookiegate was just plain annyoing. It was way past time for Randy to go.

SBETigg
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
The whole cookiegate was just plain annyoing. It was way past time for Randy to go.

I know! Jeff made it clear that Randy was buying cookies for the tribe, not for himself, so why he suddenly thought he was Lord of the Cookies and should decide on whom to bestow his riches was really silly. Sugar said she wanted to give hers to Matty. That was her choice to make, not his. I was glad she worked it out. But then to go on about it, so typical Randy. He'll be fun on the jury.

I think Susie did wash her hair, but she was in and out, maybe self-conscious washing in front of everyone. That was odd.

thrillme
11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I totally agree about Susie being creepy. That whole thing with the bath was just odd ... she paid all that money for it and then bailed out after like 2 minutes??

Although, I found it sort of strange that they made her disrobe and get in the tub in front of everyone?? :confused:

I LOVE my baths. I kinda figure that everyone has seen everyone at some point in the show. All I can figure is that she felt really uncomfortable. I guess I might have considered jumping in fully clothed but I would have definately been in there till I was a prune.

RenDuran
11-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Did Susie spend all her money on that bath? Maybe she got out to possibly purchase something else.

JanetMegan
11-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Is this week the dreaded re-cap episode?

Ian
11-26-2008, 09:17 AM
You know, Janet, I'm not really sure. When they showed scenes last week I remember being surprised because it didn't look like a recap show. But that may have just been scenes from the next new episode.

JanetMegan
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
To answer my own question-yup it's the re-cap with "bonus scenes". Bummer.

pixiesmimi
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Well, considering it is Thanksgiving night, they probably think no one will be watching. I'm glad they are doing that because I won't be home to watch but I will record it just to make sure.

If I had been Susie, I would have gone in with at least some of my clothes on. I think that was her choice to take them all off. I would have sat and soaked it up until they made me get out. :) I think she probably was embarrassed, as I would have been. Too bad they didn't take it back to camp and give her a chance to enjoy it in private. That whole thing was just a little strange. If they had given her a bar of soap, she could have done the same thing in the lake or whatever back in camp. I think Jeff was getting a little aggrevated at Randy with the cookies. I think he was probably glad to see him go too. Randy challenged him on everything like he could do whatever he wanted no matter what Jeff said. So glad to see him gone! Fortunately, he is only one vote on the jury and I wonder if anyone will go along with him. Bob did act like he was embarrassed or ashamed that he had done that to him. It was out of character for him, but I would love to see him win this. It would be something different. Randy would blame him but it was really Sugar and all of them planning it.

thrillme
11-27-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Bob figured protecting Randy might have been not such a good thing. Like hanging with the wrong crowd. He did hold true by not voting for him but he did play part in the trick. If I was in his position I'd do the SAME thing.

I'm gaining new respect for Sugar.

Mousefever
11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
I think Bob figured protecting Randy might have been not such a good thing. Like hanging with the wrong crowd. He did hold true by not voting for him but he did play part in the trick. If I was in his position I'd do the SAME thing.

I'm gaining new respect for Sugar.

Exactly! I think Bob knew that protecting Randy would be like going down with a sinking ship. Good job, Bob!

Amy

thrillme
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Last Thursday was just recaps and a few new scenes. It was kinda cool seeing their videos.

HOWEVER I do hope Sugar does not put those silver boogers back in. She's much cuter without. I really don't see how she could be a pin up model with those things hanging out of her nose like a bad sneeze.

Bob is sure a sweetie isn't he.

Melanie
11-30-2008, 06:41 PM
After watching the recap episode, I dislike Corrine even more!! Of course, it's pretty obvious they are making her the villain.

thrillme
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm not keen on Corrine but I'm not sure we're getting the full story. Producers have a way of showing the characters they think we want to see. In general we WANT to see strong personalities (the villian, the sweetheart, the hero, the lover). If they were more everyday we wouldn't be as "intrigued" (as a general population)

But as for Corrine...I think I'd be a little annoyed too if someone told me that I wasn't participating enough (ie Susie to Corrine) and I know I in general can get very "annoyed" at ANYONE who says they live off the "kindness of others" (ie Sugar to Corrine). But who is the real Corrine?

I wish we could get more "follow ups" on the people AFTER Survivor.

Mousefever
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Bu-bye mean Corrine. Couldn't have happened to a less nice person.

Amy

SBETigg
12-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Bob: I can see why he was annoyed with Sugar laughing openly at Tribal Council, but I couldn't help wanting to laugh along with Sugar. I got nervous when he fell back into league with Corrine. Ugh.

Corrine: What a nasty person. But she was dealing with a bunch of incompetents, so she must skate right to the win, yes? (hahaha)

Sugar: I really like Sugar. I still want a Sugar, Matty, Bob final three. I loved what she said at TC about not buying into the falsehoods and schemes. Nice warning for Kenny and Crystal. Too bad they didn't catch on in time.

Kenny and Crystal: Kenny's ego is flying a little high. Crystal is just super annoying. If they were willing to shift alliances over an idol that fast, they're too easily swayed and not thinking out their moves. Ken has no one to blame but himself.

Susie: Continues to be a non-entity. I like her more after seeing her family, but if she makes it to the end, I will be disappointed.

Matty: He looked so worried at TC, and I was worried with him.

Highlights: Bob winning immunity. Seeing the families (always touching). And losing Corinne.

thrillme
12-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Did anyone notice that Susie really didn't seem to have a lot of "emotion" to her family's video? My DS noticed that.

Honestly as far as kids go. I'd really have an issue missing my child and I'm newly married so I'd have a hard time there too. I adore the rest of my family with all my heart and talk to them almost daily but...it's only a little over a month. I guess it just doesn't seem like all that much when I have so many people around me that have loved ones that live in other states or are in the military where they may go away for a year. If I was single without kids...

Bob needs to get out of teaching science and go into teaching ART :D

I don't have a clue how Bob's going to get out of being voted off if he doesn't win immunity. I'd really like to break up the Crystal-Kenny bond. And has everyone forgotten about Sugar's idol? Why won't they bring that out?

Poor Bob...I don't see any way for him to escape. I think they're little bond is too tight. Susie is way under the radar. Personally I think it's a little embarassing that an Olympian and all the young bucks and buckettes can't seem to physically out preform a 60+ year old science teacher. (no dig on 60-70 year olds but...wouldn't you think a 20 year old would be at their peak physically?)...

Ken's ego is getting a little too big for his britches. Good grief Crystle is an AMAZON

RenDuran
12-05-2008, 10:43 AM
I always enjoy the episode with family and friends coming for a visit. There's nothing like shedding a little tear while watching everyone reconnect with loved ones. I love Matty, but his proposal seemed a little desperate.

Where did Bob get those beads to work on his newest fake immunity idol?

Goodbye, Corinne! When she was talking about how glad she was to have her brother visit because he could appreciate her mean qualities, I was gagging! Does anyone remember another girl in recent Survivor history that loved bragging about how mean she was? I was glad that Matty made it through that vote!

pixiesmimi
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I was so afraid Kenny was going to mess it all up and Corinne wasn't going to go. Then when Crystal said she would vote for her instead of Matty to make it look good, I started counting the numbers and knew if she stuck to it that it would work. They still pulled one over on Bob and Corinne even if Kenny voted with them. I was thinking "Okay, you pulled this fake idol at the last TC. No one is going to believe you this time." But I was wrong. Where does Bob keep getting all these beads and stuff? Did he bring them with him?

I think Corinne is just a sad, hateful, unhappy person that thinks she is better than everyone else. I guess if you don't have a college education then you are just a stupid low life according to her. I am so glad she is gone. But I will be sad to see Bob gone. They are going to hurt around camp without him. I knew his group would win the wheel challenge even if they weren't the first to get there because that was right up his alley but also thought Kenny might be able to pull it off if he was a gamer/puzzler. It was so funny that no one picked Corinne but kind of sad that it meant she didn't even get a chance to participate for the family thing. Worked out in the end anyway. I'm surprised the show allowed all the family down there for that long. That was different.

I keep wondering how Crystal can be an Olympian runner and be so big. Usually the runners are smaller in stature. Of course, she has been out of it for 4 years so that is probably why she isn't stronger.

I was happy last night. The look on Kenny's face when Corinne didn't play an idol was priceless! :)

CU Tiger
12-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Unless Bob wins immunity, I do not see how he will make it through another tribal council. I like him the best of the bunch. Crystal and Susie are flying under the radar and riding on the other’s coat tails. The winner of this survivor might not be the strongest or the best player, but the person who is non-threatening, can keep quiet, and can be part of the team that votes others off. Kenny’s and Sugar’s heads are starting to swell. They both think they have “the” power, but this might come back and bite them on the rear later on. After Bob is gone, it will be interesting to see how the group will start breaking up and start voting against each other. This is where it would be smart for someone to team up with Bob to start taking the others out.:mickey:

SBETigg
12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
It looks bad for Bob but somehow I don't see him going next. I hope he wins immunity again maybe. But the next week's preview showed Sugar complaining about Crystal and Ken, so maybe there's a shot for Bob to work something out. It makes sense to go to the end with people nobody likes, though, so maybe I'm just dreaming.

Nascfan
12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
And has everyone forgotten about Sugar's idol? Why won't they bring that out?

They don't need to bring it out. As best as I can tell from what they've said, the plan is for it to be Kenny, Crystal, and Sugar in the final three. If they hold to other recent Survivors, that would be the final tribal council, so Kenny and Crystal have no reason to draw out her idol.

SBETigg
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
They don't need to bring it out. As best as I can tell from what they've said, the plan is for it to be Kenny, Crystal, and Sugar in the final three. If they hold to other recent Survivors, that would be the final tribal council, so Kenny and Crystal have no reason to draw out her idol.

But that's where they may be torn or not thinking ahead well, because they have also planned to go final three with Susie, in which case putting the idol in play would be smart. They were so willing to shift over to Bob and Corrine last night. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the next few weeks.

Melanie
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd really have an issue missing my child and I'm newly married so I'd have a hard time there too. I adore the rest of my family with all my heart and talk to them almost daily but...it's only a little over a month. I guess it just doesn't seem like all that much when I have so many people around me that have loved ones that live in other states or are in the military where they may go away for a year.

I think the same way, but always get choked up on this episode, maybe because I do know how it feels to be separated from loved ones for long periods of time. Plus, I take into account their mental well-being after being out there without proper nutrition, shelter etc. for 20+ days. They're desperate for some familiarity at that point.

Gosh, I'm so glad Corrine is gone. What a nasty girl!

RenDuran
12-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Wow! I can't wait to see the finale on Sunday!

Tonight was a great episode and I was so happy that Matty made it through that vote! Kudos to Sugar for the way she set the stage for that vote!

Ian
12-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Honestly, I thought last night's vote was stupid, stupid, stupid.

Why didn't they vote Kenny off?? I assumed when they said Crystal that Bob was still going to give Kenny the immunity necklace so he could be allowed to keep his word. Then they'd just turn and vote Crystal out. That would have been a good plan.

But if Bob was going to keep the necklace, not voting Kenny out when you had the perfect chance to blindside him was just dumb.

Chrisx2
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I think voting Crystal out first was so Bob could keep his word. If he kept the necklace and then Kenny was voted off, he is a backstabber. The new deal he made was that he would give it to him if he thought Kenny was in trouble. So, he keeps it and his word. Unless Kenny wins the next immunity, he's gone anyways.

I was sad to hear that the jury gave Crystal the silent treatment when she got to where they are staying. I know there was no love between them but it's a game and they are supposed to be adults. The silent treatment? Welcome to Survivor:Middle School.

pixiesmimi
12-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I think they are at least getting smart about blindsiding people and the TCs are getting better thanks to Bob. In the beginning, no one was hiding anything and they were just being stupid about what they did and how they voted. Now, it at least has some game to it. It would have been rather stupid for Bob to give Kenny the necklace because then he would have been gone. The others wouldn't have thought twice about stabbing him in the back. I loved it when Sugar gave Matty the idol. :D I too thought Kenny should have gone but Crystal was okay. Now Kenny has to watch his back. I think he will go next and Susie won't be any competition for anyone left. But if Sunday is the finale, then they are going to have to get rid of two at least, aren't they?

SBETigg
12-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I give Sugar a lot of credit for playing the game, and doing it well. She has orchestrated some of the biggest surprise ousters of the season, starting with Ace. Bob is great, but Bob would have been left to go on instinct without Sugar's heads up talk last night. I would have taken Kenny out first, too, but I do think Crystal was a fine choice and one that Bob would be more on board with considering Kenny wanted to make him think he owed him. They're playing their own games out there. How anyone ends up thinking anyone "owes" them always blows my mind.

I think it's pretty low to try to get Bob to give up immunity and then plan to vote him out, but Bob was smart enough to play his own game. I love to see Matty, Bob, and Sugar bonding together at last. A Susie win would be so disappointing at this point, but seeing Ken win wouldn't please me much either. I'm not sure Sugar's playing the smartest game, but she is playing and I'm so glad she decided to stick with the "good guys" even though it may cost her in the final vote if she makes it with Matty and Bob.

CU Tiger
12-12-2008, 12:22 PM
How are they going to go from 5 people down to two in one show?:confused:
I did not mind Crystal getting the boot. Like Susie, she has been flying under the radar. At least you see Susie getting wood and stuff. What has Crystal ever done except have an attitude? I am so surprised Bob is still around and glad for it.:thumbsup: I think it should be Sugar and Bob in the final two. Sugar has played the best game and it is all how she used the hidden idol as leverage. I wish she would just reduce the number of times she cries. The next person out should either be Kenny or Matty. They are the biggest threat.:mickey:

Stich8818
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I thought it was a great episode last night. I thought that Bob was going to give up that immunity. The way it's looking now Bob would have a favorable jury in his favor. Even though Sugar has palyed a great game at least in my opinion. I think Kenny unless he wins immunity is next to go. Suzi i feel she is like Sandra from Cook Islands...flying under the radar..doing what she has to do to get buy, and not putting herslef in the game. Which is what Bob was doing for a point till he got into the game. But right now he is playing the best game right now.

Carol
12-12-2008, 02:46 PM
How are they going to go from 5 people down to two in one show?It's a 2 hour show. They've taken it down to the final 3 the past few sesons.

thrillme
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
It's a 2 hour show. They've taken it down to the final 3 the past few sesons.

Yep...that's the scoop. No "reward" challenge...just two immunity challenges.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be Sugar, Bob and Matty. They'll be PERFECT.

I agree...Suzi is like Sandra...it's almost scarey. BUT...I liked Sandra a little better...Suzi just...just...I don't know...Sandra wasn't so under the radar as Suzi is. She made it known..."As long as it's NOT me"...she also REFUSED to vote Rupert out...I started liking her a lot after that...Everybody loves Rupert the shoe stealing Pirate.

I think Bob has a lot of positive people on the Jury but Sugar has really played a POWERFUL game. A lot of people in the past that said they'd NEVER vote for such and such end up doing so in the finale. So who knows. It's definately a "selling" point for Bob...Look how many people I've screwed with fake idols"

Last night ROCKED!!!

I LOVED the part where Sugar whispered to Matty..."Let me do the thinking!"

RenDuran
12-12-2008, 09:27 PM
...Everybody loves Rupert the shoe stealing Pirate.

I never liked him.

SBETigg
12-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't think Susie is like Sandra. Sandra wasn't a huge power player, but she did call some shots and work more actively on her own behalf. I think Susie is more like Vecepia, but less annoying. Vecepia skated her way to the finish without ever making a strategic move. But she did win. So I'm not sure Susie can even measure up to Vecepia. I think she's more like one of the past coattail players who got eliminated toward the end and we can't even remember by now. At least, I hope that's the case. I wouldn't mind her going next. I even forget she's there.

Melanie
12-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Everybody loves Rupert the shoe stealing Pirate.

I never liked him.

Me either!

Magic Smiles
12-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Everybody loves Rupert the shoe stealing Pirate.

I never liked him.

Me either!

Those who never liked him were definitely in in the minority as Rupert won the only million that was voted on by the viewers. We personally thought that Rupert was GREAT.

Ian
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
We personally thought that Rupert was GREAT.As did we! :thumbsup:

And we voted for him to get the million dollars, too. Glad he won!!! He truly deserved it.

RenDuran
12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I always felt like they edited Rupert to look more appealing than he really was. You could see his confrontational side come out a few times and he just wasn't quite the teddy bear everyone acts like he was.

As far as tonight....I'm hoping for Matty to win. We'll see how it goes.

Melanie
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I always felt like they edited Rupert to look more appealing than he really was. You could see his confrontational side come out a few times and he just wasn't quite the teddy bear everyone acts like he was.

:yes:

I have to constantly remind myself while watching these reality shows that the editors can pretty much create any character they want. I just never bought into what I believed to be Rupert's 'character'. No doubt I was in the minority, and never said I wasn't.

RenDuran
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
That's one reason why I'm not into reality shows the way I once was. The shows are too edited...you just never know what's truly the reality part!

I still love Survivor though. But that could be that I love looking at Jeff Probst so much! My favorite flair on facebook is my Jeff pin! ;)

Melanie
12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I still love Survivor though. But that could be that I love looking at Jeff Probst so much! My favorite flair on facebook is my Jeff pin! ;)

You should have gotten a Jeff avatar here, Sonja! ;)

I still love Survivor as well, as it's definitely entertaining, and watching Jeff is fun as well. I love how feisty with questions he's gotten at Tribal the past few seasons.

So tonight I'll be happy with Sugar, Bob or Matty. Can't wait to watch!

SBETigg
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to the final tribal council! We have some real characters this time. There are bound to be some sparks flying. The reunion show should be fun, too.

Ian
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I always felt like they edited Rupert to look more appealing than he really was. You could see his confrontational side come out a few times and he just wasn't quite the teddy bear everyone acts like he was.The guy works with troubled kids for a living. I don't know about you, but I know that's not something I could do.

I have a lot of respect for him for doing that and, editing or no editing, I believe anyone who dedicates his life to helping others has got to be a pretty decent dude.

Melanie
12-14-2008, 07:13 PM
The guy works with troubled kids for a living. I don't know about you, but I know that's not something I could do.

I have a lot of respect for him for doing that and, editing or no editing, I believe anyone who dedicates his life to helping others has got to be a pretty decent dude.

Sure, he has an admirable profession, as many do. I never said he's a bad person, I just didn't click with his boisterous personality. And he wasn't a great Survivor player either.

RenDuran
12-14-2008, 07:47 PM
The guy works with troubled kids for a living. I don't know about you, but I know that's not something I could do.

His job doesn't necessarily make him worthy of a million dollars. For all we know, he's cracking skulls when he's with those kids! Not everyone that works with kids is exemplary.

RenDuran
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Well, I tip my hat to Bob for a game well played!

mjaclyn
12-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Hooray for Bob!! I am SO glad that Susie didn't win! I don't dislike her but she really didn't play the game. Even though I didn't really want Sugar to win either, I would have respected that decision because she actually PLAYED the game pretty well. I really liked Bob as a person and it's really nice to see someone win who didn't have to be manipulative and nasty.

Tink2002
12-15-2008, 12:15 AM
yay for somebody from Maine being portrayed on TV as intelligent and down-to-earth and not a crazy back-woods hick. I mean, we have both... it's just refreshing to see this side of things :D

Yay Bob!

Joeybun
12-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I saw Bob winning this whole thing if he made it to the end. Good for him!

This whole nasty Corinne thing really bothers me though. I kept telling my husband she is such a <snip>. I cannot believe she was so vile. Having lost both my parents I felt so sad for Sugar. What a horrible thing to say. Then to not even apologize makes me sick. :ack: There is NO excuse.

I think Sugar played a great game. She didn't stand a chance with the jury, but still, a great game.

jrkcr
12-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I totally agree with that Joeybun! Corinne was just unnecessarily mean.

Bob rocks!! :thumbsup:

Here on the west coast, we are STILL watching the show(it sure takes forever!)...we cheated and read the results on google news first,and then watched the votes.

Ed
12-15-2008, 07:03 AM
:old: OLD GUYS ROCK ! :old:

Way to go, Bob! :thumbsup:

When the season first started, I predicted that Bob would be the first to be sent home and that Kenny would be second. Shows how much I know, huh?

The Corinne thing irritated me as well. Which, to me, made Sugar's response more than appropriate. :number1:

Ian
12-15-2008, 08:38 AM
And he wasn't a great Survivor player either.I actually agree with that. He was a nice guy, but definitely not a great player.

I'm very happy with last night's result. I have to say, Jeff had me scared when he read three votes in a row for Susie. I was about to throw a shoe at my T.V. (no George Bush reference intended ;) )!! She was such a coattail rider ... she did not deserve to win the million. I won't say she didn't deserve final three, though, because she won that last challenge and put herself there so that counts for something.

Anyway, way to go Bob!!

Okay, so these are Ian's, "I'm sure I'm an idiot, but ... " questions of the day:

#1: Since when do they take three people to the finals?? I thought they used to get down to three, have an immunity challenge, and the winner picked who to go to the final two with? I distinctly remember it being a big deal when Colby picked Tina, because everyone knew she was going to beat him. Did I miss something?? :confused:

#2: Was there an editing foul-up during Crystal's Q&A session? I swear she started out asking Susie about coattail riding, but somehow Bob answered her? Or was that Bob just misunderstanding Crystal's question? :confused:

#3: See if anyone agrees with me ... Corrinne = genuine witch. She came off to me as being exactly how she was portrayed on the show. Anyone who would say that to someone who had lost a parent deserves exactly what she got back from Sugar and more. But Randy ... at the very, very end I came away thinking that Randy had created a character for himself (much like Johnny Fairplay) and probably isn't that way in real life. I saw him kinda show a hint of a smile when he was answering questions during the reunion show and he sort of seemed to be riffing on the whole thing with Jeff. I'd be willing to be he's a decent guy in real life.

Okay, so bring on Survivor Brazil, baby!

SBETigg
12-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Ian, they have done a final three instead of a final two for several seasons. Last season, they finally went back to a final two and now they've apparently gone back to a final three. They've done it both ways. It wasn't unexpected or new.

Yay, Bob! I love it when the good guy and deserving player wins. I would have been happy with a Sugar win, too. Susie did her best, perhaps, but I couldn't see her winning when she didn't have much play. I was a little nervous at the end there, too. Sugar had too many enemies on the jury, but I still thought she had a chance to win a few over if she made the right arguments. She didn't. But I think she gave it up before the final and realized she was not going to win against Bob. Losing to Susie would have been a real shocker, though.

I don't think Randy was playing a character. I think that's who he is. What a vile bunch of petty whiny baby losers on the jury. Even Marcus. I expected more from Marcus in the end. But Corrine was the worst by far. They couldn't be gracious enough to see that as smart as they all thought they were, they were definitely outplayed. Bob struck the right note with his humble final arguments. He played to their enormous egos. And yet I still expected a more electrifying final council. It was a bit quiet and anticlimactic considering the jury.

Ian
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I think I've missed a lot of the season finales, because I'm usually in WDW at this time. That must be why I didn't know about it.

I did think this seemed to be an unusually bitter jury group this season. I was sort of surprised that not a single jury member seemed to give credit to any of the final three in terms of their game play.

In fact, when you consider that three of the jury actually voted for Susie over Bob ... that, to me, showed that they were clearly bitter towards Bob and Sugar. I mean there was no way Susie deserved votes over Sugar considering Sugar probably played the best strategic game out of anyone.

I did find Sugar's behavior at the final tribal a tad odd. She really seemed to just have outright contempt for the jury ... even Bob's answer to the one question came off as a bit arrogant. "Why do the two people sitting next to you deserve to win more than you?"

"I don't think they do."

d_m_n_n
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I could not have been happier with Bob's win tonight! It would have been perfect if Sugar had won the $100,000 Sprint check because I really feel she deserved something. But Bob getting it is the next best thing...That last vote for Matty was so awesome!!! When they kept reading Susie's name, I was really getting worried. She deserved to be in the final 3, but in no way did she deserve to win!! I wonder what some of the reasonings were for her votes...were they votes FOR her, or votes AGAINST the others. :confused:

Corrine...Corrine...Corrine...there are no words that can be used on a family-friendly site to describe her. What gets me the most is that I think she was really pleased with herself and her rant. Maybe one day Karma will jump up and bite her...:thedolls: Being angry is one thing, but she was just down-right malicious.

Randy...he's a jerk. I agree with Sue. Something has happened in his life to truly make him an angry person. Did anyone notice when they asked about his best friend? He said his dog and then made comments about how the dog never lied, cheated, blah blah blah. Randy really is a sad, strange little man.

pixiesmimi
12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
i am so glad that Bob won. I was getting very nervous when the votes for Susie were being read and shocked too. (She does clean up well, though.) I figured it would be between Sugar and Bob because everyone kept saying how they hated Susie and she never played. :confused: It did look like Sugar gave up after getting to the jury part because she probably knew Bob would win but I would have at least tried. Who knows what would have happened with the right answers. After all, some did vote for Susie. :confused:

I kind of liked Bob's answer about why the other two deserved to win. I think he thought they shouldn't and was being honest. I would have had a hard time saying why they deserved it over me if I really thought they didn't.

I, too, was kind of confused about Crystal's question that sounded like it was to Susie and Bob answered. I just thought I missed something and didn't think anything else about it. I'm going to go back and watch that part since I recorded it and see what was actually said.

I was hoping that Matty would get the $100,000. I think he deserved it. He played a very good game and I would have loved to have seen him in the final three. That would have been a harder vote, between those three. Bob might not have won so easily.

About the editing, after what Jeff said Coreen's comments to him were about not making her look nasty enough, that tells us just how much it is edited to their own perspective. I was so glad that Jeff brought out his feelings about how nasty she was. I would really hate to live around her. Talking about someone being "unhappy" and their actions showing it (like Randy) Coreen rates right up there.

I don't think it is all an act with Randy because if he is actually that smart and was an engineer, etc., why did he change his profession? It just is kind of strange that he didn't continue in his career as an engineer. Sounds like something soured him and he became hard to live with and a recluse. What was with the mohawk he had on the jury? That was bazaar!

I was happy with the outcome though and I'm not always pleased with that. :thumbsup:

Mackflava99
12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
it was nice to see Bob win-
Nice guy, good person and he won so many challenges. I guarantee at the beginning, the odds of those 3 people going this far was tremendous.

My Awards:

Best player - Bob
Best Competitor - Matty
Most evil - Corrine
Grumpiest - Randy
Most racist - Randy
Worst Athlete ever - Crystal
Biggest mouth- Suzie
Most honest - Suzie
Smartest - Sugar
Dumbest - Sugar
Best Backstabber - Kenny
Biggest Complainer- G sizzle

Poor strategy by Sugar to go up against Bob-

I agree, It was surprising to see Suzie get so many votes.

I think Matty was deserving of the 100,000$ but in reality Bob did really beat him on so many challenges.

As for Corrine- she is just an evil person. I wonder what made her that way-
Randy is just plain weird- he kept looking down all the time when he talked. Also, the mohawk just made it very "Taxi-Driver"-like....

Kenny got what he deserved- You can't backstab everyone, eventually it catches up to you....

Ian
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I actually admired Sugar for taking Bob along with her to the final three. It certainly made for a more interesting finish, anyway.

It kind of reminded me of when Colby took Tina with him, even though he knew he couldn't beat her. Very loyal. I think she really meant what she said about him being a father figure for her. Having lost my father myself, I can definitely understand how that might happen to her in such a stressful situation.

In the end, I just don't think she could stomach being involved in voting Bob out and I respect her for that. In the end, it probably wouldn't have mattered for her either way, since I don't think she could have beaten Matty either. So she did what she considered the more honorable thing and helped Bob win it.

CU Tiger
12-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I am so glad Bob won. :thumbsup: Good guys usually finish last. I disagree with those who said he did not play the game. He was continually thinking ahead. From the beginning, he was taking parts of the set and other objects that he used for the fake immunity idol. He was able to fool people two separate times with the fake idol. He turned on Kenny (for good reason) by not giving him the immunity necklace. He sideswiped Randy with the fake idol and he worked his tail off winning a record number of challenges. Flying under the radar in the beginning does not mean that you are not playing; it just means he was watching and waiting.

The poll of the jury showed that even if Sugar kept Matty in, she still would have lost the final to him. Since a lot of people had issues with Sugar and received no votes in the end, I wonder how long she would have lasted in the game if she had never found the hidden immunity idol. I am not sure if she played that good of a game or everyone knew that they could not vote her out becasue of the immunity idol. Her continual crying was getting on my nerves too and this was after the editing.

There is no excuse for Corrine’s comments. :mad: Just because you do not like someone does not mean you have to attack them so viciously. I feel sorry for whatever guy ends up with her!:blush::mickey:

RenDuran
12-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I think they should have given Matty a heads up that the final vote would go the way it did. Bob was able to practice making fire, while Matty didn't. But Matty did keep to his word...after Sugar saved him during that last vote, he said he wouldn't vote for Sugar and he didn't! Not even when it came down to the million dollar vote! I couldn't believe that Sugar didn't even get one vote! And I couldn't believe the comments that were directed to her at final tribal council.

Randy seemed more likeable at the reunion show. I think he's more sad and grouchy than truly evil.

Tinkerfreak
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I can't believe I missed the last episode. Bob is from right here not far from me!!!! The stupid ice storm knocked out our power for 3 days and we did not get it back until early this morning. I am so glad that someone from Maine actually won I just wish I could have seen it.
I'm glad that so many people liked Bob.

RenDuran
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Was anyone else surprised that Bob didn't do better in that last immunity challenge? I thought he'd have gotten to 10 feet in nothing flat!

Ian
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I was a little ... that seemed like a challenge that really favored Bob to win it.

But I will also say that I thought that was the lamest final immunity challenge ever. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the final immunity challenges almost always endurance challenges??

Having them play what amounted to a 30 minute game of Jenga qualifies that as the worst final challenge in Survivor history, IMO.

Nascfan
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Yea Bob! :thumbsup: I'm SO happy he won! I couldn't believe it when Susie's name kept coming up in the vote, like many others. If she would've won, it would've been THE most undeserving winner ever, in my opinion. Like Sugar or not, she played the game and used mental abilities to get quite a few people out. I didn't like Crystal, but she was dead on at final tribal. Susie wins for the biggest coattail rider ever. I figured somewhere around 5 - 2 or 4 - 3 for Bob with Sugar getting the minority of votes. I guess these people on the jury were very bitter against Sugar. Oh, and Kenny, let it go dude. You were going to blindside Bob, not the other way around. Thankfully Sugar tipped Bob off on that one.

I was disappointed in the final immunity also. I expected more, and endurance of some sort usually. Although it does seem there are a lot more puzzle challenges these past couple seasons. A lot more.

pixiesmimi
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM
#2: Was there an editing foul-up during Crystal's Q&A session? I swear she started out asking Susie about coattail riding, but somehow Bob answered her? Or was that Bob just misunderstanding Crystal's question? :confused:

I went back and watched this again and what Crystal said to Susie was "if it was your strategy to ride coat tails all the way to the end, then it worked because that is what you did". She didn't actually ask her a question. Then she went on to Bob and he went into something about riding coat tails.

About the last challenge, I, too, thought right off the bat that the challenge was a shoo in for Bob with his background and was very puzzled to see him struggling with it so badly. I also thought it should have been a harder challenge, like a physical challenge. Maybe they thought since they had already did one (sort of) that they didn't need to do another. I was very puzzled and the last two challenges. (no pun intended) :D

disneydrmr
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Ok.. has anyone else noticed that the whole jury questioning has turned from it's original purpose of asking questions to figure out who you will vote for to 'rip 'em apart and let my bitterness/jealousy show'? And I am so sick of hearing Kenny whine about the immunity... if my memory serves me correct - wasn't it stated between Bob and Kenny that Bob would give it to him IF BOB felt Kenny was in danger? Sorry - in my book Bob scored extra points by keeping it to save himself, thus not allowing himself to be 'outwitted'. That really was the strangest jury finale though - I mean, Bob even stated that he didn't outwit or outplay any of them...to me it appeared that Bob was trying to play himself down, Sugar just didn't seem to care if she won or not.. and Suzie was trying WAY too hard to plead her case... she did not deserve a single vote in my book.
I do agree with a previous poster that Sugar should've told Matty what she was going to do, thus allowing him the chance to practice and maybe she would've won his vote? All in all, just an ok season in my book... looking forward to Brazil!

Mousefever
12-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Ok.. has anyone else noticed that the whole jury questioning has turned from it's original purpose of asking questions to figure out who you will vote for to 'rip 'em apart and let my bitterness/jealousy show'? And I am so sick of hearing Kenny whine about the immunity... if my memory serves me correct - wasn't it stated between Bob and Kenny that Bob would give it to him IF BOB felt Kenny was in danger? Sorry - in my book Bob scored extra points by keeping it to save himself, thus not allowing himself to be 'outwitted'. That really was the strangest jury finale though - I mean, Bob even stated that he didn't outwit or outplay any of them...to me it appeared that Bob was trying to play himself down, Sugar just didn't seem to care if she won or not.. and Suzie was trying WAY too hard to plead her case... she did not deserve a single vote in my book.
I do agree with a previous poster that Sugar should've told Matty what she was going to do, thus allowing him the chance to practice and maybe she would've won his vote? All in all, just an ok season in my book... looking forward to Brazil!

The bitterness of the jury questioning goes back to the very first Survivor finale. Sue ripped into Kelly (?) for not bringing her to the final two.

I can't believe I missed the last episode. Bob is from right here not far from me!!!! The stupid ice storm knocked out our power for 3 days and we did not get it back until early this morning. I am so glad that someone from Maine actually won I just wish I could have seen it.
I'm glad that so many people liked Bob.

The finale is available on the CBS website. I missed the finale and reunion show last night, so I watched them online today. I wanted to know what exactly Corrine said.

Speaking of Corrine... a fine example of a nasty wench. I've never seen someone who so reveled in being a mean, nasty person. I could never be friends with someone like that, even if she wanted to be friends with me. I would always feel too ashamed of the way she treated other people.

Amy

Melanie
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I was glad to see Bob win, but think that jury was ridiculously bitter and jealous, moreso than those in previous seasons. There is just NO WAY Sugar didn't deserve more respect for how she played the game. I really wanted her to win the $100K.

KarenP
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I was really glad Bob won as he deserved it for sure.

I can't believe Sugar did not get a single vote. I liked her a lot

Corrine is repulsive. How anyone could make such comments to someone who just lost a parent is beyond me.

KarenP
12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
But Randy ... at the very, very end I came away thinking that Randy had created a character for himself (much like Johnny Fairplay) and probably isn't that way in real life. I saw him kinda show a hint of a smile when he was answering questions during the reunion show and he sort of seemed to be riffing on the whole thing with Jeff. I'd be willing to be he's a decent guy in real life.

I thought the exact same thing. It all seemed like an act to me

thrillme
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
I tried to give Corrine a chance...I wanted to believe that it was just "editing" that made her look "mean" but...sounds like she wasn't mean as she could be.

I was sooooo disappointed that Sugar didn't win any votes. She played the game very well. I was very very very glad to see Bob win. He was my favorite from the beginning but I wouldn't have minded Sugar winning either...she played quite impressively.

Susie. ARGH...I'm bummed that she even got a single vote. She just flew under the radar.

I think she made an error not telling Matty that they were going to make it a trial by fire. But Oh well...I was glad to see Bob make it through.

Boy...when Sugar is "made up" she looks like the girl who should be painted on an airplane or something.

Melanie
12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Boy...when Sugar is "made up" she looks like the girl who should be painted on an airplane or something.

She is a 'pin-up' girl, whatever that means in this day and age.

Yes, Corrine is really wicked. Wow, and in her tech speak, she wanted to be edited to be even meaner. She makes Jerrie (was that her name?) look like a saint!

pixiesmimi
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I thought I remembered Sugar saying at the beginning that she "wanted" them to think she was a pin up model but I forgot what she said she really was. Someone mentioned that she was really an actress (must be an out of work actress if she was homeless). Now it appears she has a home because she said in the finale that she couldn't leave "home" without her makeup now.

Speaking of which, they all clean up nice, don't they? I always enjoy seeing what they look like after they have been home for a while.

SBETigg
12-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Sugar (Jessica Kiper) is an actress (as well as claiming to be a pin-up model and fifties diner waitress) and was a semi-regular cast member on the series Gilmore Girls, among other acting credits.

I think Bob's a great guy and I'm glad he won, but I was surprised he never gave Sugar a little credit or acknowledgement for voting for Matty instead of for Bob at the near-end and giving him that chance to stay in the game.

Ian
12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I was glad to see Bob win, but think that jury was ridiculously bitter and jealous, moreso than those in previous seasons. There is just NO WAY Sugar didn't deserve more respect for how she played the game. I really wanted her to win the $100K.I really thought so, too, Mel. This was a really bitter and angry group. I couldn't believe how few of them really gave props to Bob or Sugar. I thought both of them played a great game. I mean Bob won FIVE immunities in a row, for heaven's sake! And Sugar orchestrated the ouster of most of the jury members. She was the real mastermind of the group, not Kenny.

I think the bitterness was borne out by the vote. Anyone who voted for Susie over Sugar clearly did it out of spite.

She makes Jerrie (was that her name?) look like a saint!Jerri Manthey, yeah. She's actually who Corrine reminds me of, both physically and with her personality.

Part of me wondered if that wasn't an intentional attempt by Corinne to duplicate Jerri's success. She had made a little name for herself for awhile there after the first All Stars. My bet is Corinne shows up in a "popular men's magazine" at some point.

Speaking of which, they all clean up nice, don't they? I always enjoy seeing what they look like after they have been home for a while.I always think that, too.

Mackflava99
12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
We will see in a few months who capitolizes on the 'fame' and who does not-

Corrine may - i hope she flops
Sugar may - i hope she gets something
I am not sure if anyone else is worthy of it or actually wants to-

In reality- who from Survivor besides Elizabeth made it big?
its all passing fame- so they need to get the most of their 15 minutes of fame...

Ian
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Big is relative. I think you'd be surprised how many of the ex-Survivors have turned into celebs on their local level.

Like I know that Stephanie LaGrossa (from Palau and Guatamala) is pretty successful in our area (Philly) in radio and the restaurant biz.

Mackflava99
12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Like I know that Stephanie LaGrossa (from Palau and Guatamala) is pretty successful in our area (Philly) in radio and the restaurant biz.

Stephanie was a tremendous competitor.
She used to be a pharam sales person in my mom's office- she is a really nice person and very well liked by her former customers.

Ian
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, she worked for the Flyers for awhile, too, remember? She was like the in-arena hostess.

Scar
12-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Richard Hatch made it to The Big House. Does that count?

Ian
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Richard Hatch made it to The Big House. Does that count?:rotfl:

thrillme
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I think Bob's a great guy and I'm glad he won, but I was surprised he never gave Sugar a little credit or acknowledgement for voting for Matty instead of for Bob at the near-end and giving him that chance to stay in the game.

I think Bob was in total shock. Of course they ALL wanted to win but I don't think Bob quite expected it...especially when they read Susie's name over and over for what I have no doubt seemed to be in SLOOOOWWWWW motion for them. Poor guy just seemed to be "Wha' Me...Who...Huh??? For Real???"

its all passing fame- so they need to get the most of their 15 minutes of fame...

I believe Jenna got a talk show or blog of some sort as did Ethan. Ethan has done a LOT of charity work. Has some kind of talk show as well. Rudy was supposed to be in an episode of JAG but I don't know if that ever came through. They wanted him "badly" but he was so satisfied with his life that he did not want to do it. Rupert is still doing a lot of charity work with troubled kids and has a website for it and he was "supposed" to HOST some reality series but I don't know what happened. Colby was doing some acting and modeling for a while. Vecipia??? maybe...I can't recall which gal but one of them did some Nike ads for a while.

Richard isn't the only troubled one I believe Brian (Thiland) got in some huge fight with his now ex-wife and more issues with drinking followed. I remember his wife so well because it was the episode where the "loved ones" had to eat the icky stuff. She was given a GIANT cockroach and she just looked at Jeff and said..."I have Brian around to kill these for me. Honey...I'll see you in two weeks"...and she walked off.

My son, Dad and all my friends were on the phone...teasing ME...because they KNOW she probably lasted longer than I would. I told them ALL that they weren't worth it. :D

I think all the Survivors may or may not make it REALLY big but several have gotten a few acting jobs, speeches, endorsements...and they've ALL made a few bucks off of the time to live "comfortably".

Every once in a while I see a news article here and there. I really wish they'd have a "Post Survivor" website so we could find out how everybody's doing.

RenDuran
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Colleen Haskall made that movie with Rob Schneider. Didn't she also do a Chapstick commercial?

pixiesmimi
12-17-2008, 12:04 AM
I've seen several of them in commercials or one show or another along. I've see Colby several times modeling. I saw a show the other day when DH was flipping channels about a charity race or triathon and one of the teams was the Reality Guys. It was a team of four guys from Survivor and The Race. I couldn't remember which one they were from but did recognize a couple of them. I think they either won or came in second.

Also, people like Amber and Boston Rob keep showing up on other reality shows. Don't they have enough money or they just like competing in these shows to see what they can do and how much they can win?

RenDuran
12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I hate it when the season is over and there's nothing left to discuss!

SBETigg
12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate it when the season is over and there's nothing left to discuss!

And what are we going to do on Thursday? Actually, I get to go to my daughter's holiday concert without worrying about missing Survivor, so that's a plus. This week. :)

Ian
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
And what are we going to do on Thursday?My work Christmas party is tomorrow night and next Thursday is Christmas!!

After that, though, I'll be lost until AI starts up. Although I think the new seasons of TAR and Survivor start in like February, don't they?

RenDuran
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
And what are we going to do on Thursday? Actually, I get to go to my daughter's holiday concert without worrying about missing Survivor, so that's a plus. This week. :)

That's a true plus! My daughter's holiday program is tomorrow night too! In fact, I guess the next three Thursdays are pretty booked with Christmas and New Year's both falling on Thursdays.

Ian, Survivor starts back up in February? That's not a bad wait at all!

Ian
12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Ian, Survivor starts back up in February? That's not a bad wait at all!Yeah, according to a quick Google:

Survivor: Tocantins The Brazilian Highlands, or simply known as Survivor Brazil, is the 18th season of the reality television show Survivor hosted by Jeff Probst. The new season will premiere on Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 8pm/7c. This marks the second time the show has been to Brazil, the first time was in the 6th season, Survivor: The Amazon. The cast is yet to be announced.

pixiesmimi
12-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I was just thinking the other night that it is nice to have a sort of vacation from all the reality shows. Don't get me wrong, I love them and wouldn't miss one! But with all that is going on right now just about every day and night, it is nice to not have to worry about what you are missing on TV. :) Can't wait for them to get started again though when the holidays are over.

teamblackwell
12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
I've seen several of them in commercials or one show or another along. I've see Colby several times modeling. I saw a show the other day when DH was flipping channels about a charity race or triathon and

I also remember seeing Colby in a movie. i don't remember the name of the movie, but he played a security guard and had a few lines. I think the movie was about a hotel consigerge lady.

pixiesmimi
12-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I swear I just saw Ace on the Disney Christmas Parade where they were previewing new things at Epcot. The guy talking (can't remember his name) is starring in a new movie (game?) called Disney SD. He was running from a villan and the villian looked just like Ace. I wonder.....