PDA

View Full Version : Epcot on Sep. 5th?

why4k
08-27-2008, 05:23 PM
My family will be at Disney World from Aug. 30th until Sep. 6th. I had planned on spending our last day and night(5th) at Epcot and the Boardwalk. I don't really want to spend the Extra $200 to go to the MNSSHP that night. I just found out there is also Night of Joy at DHS that night. Does this mean that Epcot will be unbearably busy that night? It's night emh at Epcot, and two events at other parks. What would you do?

Pop Centurion
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I would imagine that Epcot will be pretty crowded that night because of the two other events and AK will be closed after 6pm. Not sure if it will be unbareable though since kids will be back in school.
I'd give it a try and if it's too crowded for you, you can always go to DTD and even DQ. I know that's not how most would like to spend their last night but that may be your only option if the crowds at Epcot are ridiculous.

disneymom2000
08-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I won't be at EPCOT. The whole point of going on this trip was to enjoy Night of Joy. I have a feeling it is going to be really crowded at DHS.:secret:

KAJUNKING
08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
we will be there almost the same dates and we will be at the halloween party, i dont know if youve ever been, but we went last year and its definately worth the $$$ and i dont think you could find a better way to end your trip :mickey:

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't think it will be incredibly crowded. The MNSSHP and Night of Joy will take some of the crowd. For the $$, I do suggest MNSSHP. It is our favorite extra event. But, if it isn't in the budget, EPCOT shouldn't be much more crowded than normal. Especially for EMH!:mickey:

We will be there that week too!! We are going to the MNSSHP!:mpumpkin:

disneygeek84
08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't think it would be too crowded. Most people plan their trips around the Hard Ticket events, or will go to them if it's available while they're there. And from what I've been reading, that week should be pretty empty anyway. So if you look at it from an optimistic point of view, more people should be at MK and DHS :mickey3: And Epcot is such a big park, that even if there is a lot of people there, you might not notice it as much say, if there were that many people in one of the other parks.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Go, have fun, and if it is a little bit too busy for your taste, then head over to DTD or the Boardwalk like you were planning.

SAnderson70769
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, I agree with someone above that considering the time of year, lots of people at Night of Joy, and Epcot being so large, that it wouldnt be too crowded.

This year will be our first attempt at the Halloween party (we have loved the Christmas party in the past), so you might consider investing the $$$ for the last night. I've heard the party is a blast and I'm thinking with low crowds after Labor Day Holiday and it being one of the first parties, it's probably a good night at attend for low crowds! Do keep in mind however, that I have read Friday night parties sometimes are a little more crowded due to the fact that locals sometimes attend those more than weekday parties because their kids dont have school the next day.

Regardless, I don't think you can make a bad choice between the party or Epcot. Just go with it and enjoy your last night!

why4k
08-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. You've almost got me talked into the party. :pumpkin: Of course if Hannah comes to town, all bets are off.:hide2: