PDA

View Full Version : Question about rider switch

laurie816
08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I am prone to motion sickness while my husband is not. Does Disney allow an adult rider to ride with two children separately while maintaining their position in line?
(rather than the parent switching, the child switches while the other parent stays with each child respectively)
Thanks

tinklover
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
most rides with the exception of dumbo and triceratop spin are big enough for a parent to ride with 2 children. but i would think the child swap would work well in this case. hubby can ride with 1 and then go back and ride with the other .

laurie816
08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
THank you Josette.

The only ride I am thinking may be a problem is Astro Orbiter. I don't think it accommodates 3 people?

tinklover
08-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I can not really say about the astro orbiter. I have only rode it once and that was when i was 12 and at DL. I tried to get my DBF to ride it in june and he was iffy because it was so high up. sorry i could not be of any more help n teh issue but i am sure soemone who knows more about this ride will be along to answer it better for you.

Main Street Jim
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Astro Orbiter accommodates 2 riders. Here's what you can do. When you get to the attraction, just ask the Cast Member at the bottom elevator what you can do in your situation. Every attraction is a bit different; just ask a CM and they will be glad to help. I would think with Astro, that they would allow all four of you to go up, with Dad and one child first while mom waits with the second. Then switch off kids with Dad, again while Mom waits with the first child who already rode. Astro is a bit different because of its location, so they should be able to let Mom and other child wait at the top while Dad and riding child ride.

Again, just ask the Cast Member at the bottom of the elevator first.