PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Review August 16-23rd

Anthony007
08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Hello Everyone,
I've always wanted to do a dining review of one of our trips, and now I've finally got the time. I will rate each restaurant out of 10 and place them in order of which restaurant we liked the best. For this review I've ommitted the counter service lunches we had.

10) The Plaza Restaurant - Fri Aug 22 - 4/10
I had a vanilla shake with the Steak and Cheese Sandwich and fries for lunch. Stef had the Reuben Sandwish w/ fries and a chocolate mint shake. The shakes were awsome but we both were not very impressed with the sandwiches. Its a shame because we have enjoyed it here before.

9) Boma - Sat Aug 16 - 5/10
This was our third time at Boma for dinner and I have to say it was a complete disappointment. Usually the food is incredible; however, we found it to be very ordinary. Even the zebra domes didn't seem to have their usual "wow" factor. The ribs on the other hand completely lived up to expectations, I had 2 plates just of them! But since we have the recipe for them, it will be quite some time before we return.

8) Sci-Fi Dine In - Tues Aug 19 - 6/10
I had the onion rings and artichoke and spinach dip and stef had the reuben with fries for lunch. This was our second time there and we enjoyed it. I know Sci Fi gets a lot of bad reviews but I think it has an excellent atmosphere and the food is acceptable "kelsey's" style. I would not hesitate to go back.

7) Mama Melrose Tues Aug 19 - 7/10
Again another restaurant that does not tend to do well on intercot; however, we have enjoyed it on several occasions. For dinner, I had the fried calamari, the grilled chicken flatbread, and spumoni ice cream for dessert. Stef had I think the Mozarella Tomotaoes, and the Salmon, both she said were excellent

6) Kona Cafe - Thurs Aug 21 - 7/10
For dinner, I had the sticky wings, the scallops and tempura shrimp, and the chocolate banana creme brulee. All were good, but the creme brulee was absolutely to die for. And we both greatly enjoyed the kona bread and butter...mmmmmmmmmm. Stef also had the sticky wings and the steak teriaki which she loved. She finished with the Kilauea tort, which she loved but said was very sweet. Its a shame we did Kona on this holiday because it had the potential to be in the top 3; however, it had some very tough competition!

5) Yak and Yeti - Thurs Agu 21 - 7/10
We were actually very surprised at how nice this restaurant is. We went for lunch so we did not get any appetizers, which I regret now. Stef had the Maple Tamarind chicken which we both that was absolutely fabulous, that is until we tried my sweet and sour pork. We have a very nice chinese restaurant here in Toronto so it takes a lot to impress us for asian food but I have to say we will definetely be coming back on our next trip to try a few other things!

4)Narcossee's - Mon Aug 18 - 9/10
This is where the log jam for the top restaurants begin. For dinner, I had the seafood bisque and the seared scallops. The size of the bisque was a bit small, but the taste made up for it. And those scallops had an imense amount of flavour! Stef had the Surf and turf, both the steak and lobster tail were done to perfection. I don't hear too much about this restaurant but I'd have to say anyone thinking of trying it shouldn't hesitate. And just for the record, Stef has Narcossee's as her number 3.

3) Le Cellier - Sun Aug 17 - 9/10
I wasn't sure how I would feel about this restaurant, being from Canada I could have Canadian food whenever I want; however, Intercot nailed this one! Stef had the french onion soup, followed by the salmon. She said both were amazing; however, she was begging for my cheddar cheese soup. I really didn't expect the soup to be good, it just sounded weird to me, BUT WOW. Most likely we will hed back there for lunch just for the soup. My entre was the filet mushroom risotto. Not too many places in disney know how to cook a steak, these people due! It was probably the best steak I have ever had (until beow). This restaurant was an excellent start to our vacation!

2) Tepan Edo - Wed Aug 20 - 10/10
I've always been curious about Japanese food, but a little afraid. This restaurant can easily be one the best in all of disney! In fact Stef ranked this as her #1. The show that the chef put on was awsome and you really feel as if you are apart of the cooking experience. For dinner, Stef had the assorted tempura and I had the beef sushi. For our dinner, stef had the scallops and I had the chx and shrimp. Everything was absolutely delicious, and fun. Without a doubt I will be coming back.

1) California Grill - Fri Aug 22 - 10/10
To me the best restaurant on this trip was California Grill, the atmosphere of seeing all of the magic kingdom, and the rest of disney for that matter, was breath taking. Stef had the lobster and shrimp cakes to start, which she said she really enjoyed but didn't hold a candle to my goat cheese ravioli (it pays to have the inside scoop from intercot). For our entre Stef had the Hawaiian fish which she really enjoyed, and I had the absolute best Fillet of Beef I have ever tasted. I was very close to ordering a second! For dessert, Stef had the Banana and Butterscotch Buzz, which made us both feel like we were in a sugar coma, and I had the Peachy Keen, a tasting of three different peach desserts. This was an awsome experience and have all but guaranteed it a spot on next years line up.

bobpfef
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to trying Narcossee's and Yak and Yeti for the first time in Jan.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
mmmmm....those all sound good

Anthony007
08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to trying Narcossee's and Yak and Yeti for the first time in Jan.

I don't think you will be disappointed in either....enjoy!

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Good reviews, thanks! I love California Grill and Narcoossee's. too. A shame about Boma not living up to expectations.

LuvsTigger80
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
sounds yummy!!! we are trying teppan edo for the first time on our next trip. Can't wait!!Seems to be a place everyone likes.

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the reviews! I love to read up to date reviews of restaurants.

Crow
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
thanks for the reviews.
i love CA Grill also. Narcoosees is coming for me next wk. & Im thinking about Yak & Yeti.

KAT1811
08-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the reviews!! I love reading about people's experiences at WDW restaurants.

We also love CG, the atmostphere is breathtaking and the service is some of the best we have ever had. Our waiter was fabulous.

Great to hear you like Narcoossee's we will be dining there for the first time on our upcoming trip.

We also enjoy Mama's although we had no room for her this trip.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Ropachs
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you for the great report. We are trying Le Cellier and Sci Fi for the first time in October, VERY glad to hear you liked them!