PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas

DisneyJen26
08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Has anyone who stayed in the standard (view) rooms at BWV thought that they were ok as opposed to staying in rooms right on the boardwalk? Also, does BW have more villas compared to Beach club?

Thanks!

DVC Mike
08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
BWV has 383 units while BCV has just 208 units.

Maleficent_vf
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
We've always stayed in standard view rooms at the Boardwalk and been happy. Two were especially nice and were accidental - once on the top floor, facing EPCOT so we could see the fireworks portion of Illuminations and another time we were on the private courtyard (only drawback was we had to walk for what seemed like miles to get to the room), but we pretty much had the courtyard to ourselves since we were there during a low period. The other two times weren't spectacular, but weren't so bad that we wouldn't stay in standard view again.

LebelJD
08-30-2008, 12:16 PM
As mentioned, standard view can be great or it can be just OK. It is possible to get a view of the parking lot, which is not so hot. We've also had some great views of Epcot and the fireworks there. The walk to your room can be long, but that is sometimes the case with the better rooms too. Bottom line, you will have a great time either way, after all it's Disney World!

playdead88
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
the BWV is where we stayed during our 1st stay at the world and its where we got hooked! the BWV have a special place in our hearts - we actually stayed there the 2nd year b/c we couldn't imagine another hotel being out there that we would like as much - then after chattin it up on intercot we decided to expand our disney horizons and stayed at other hotels - we have never been disappointed at any of the hotels we have stayed at in disney and loved them as much as we loved the BWV :mickey:

MickeyMousse
08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Our stays at BWV Standard Views were usually of the driveway up to the valet. Not bad, set back enough from the driveway so we didn't hear the cars going back and forth. We didn't mind it at all!

Jeffybob
09-02-2008, 07:50 AM
The BWV's have 3 room types: Std, Perferred and Boardwalk views.

We have stayed in all 3 and what it comes down to really is that amount of points you want to use. Boardwalk views tend to have a shorter walk since they face the lake. However, they also tend to have more of a noise factor that should be considered.

The BWV has a single bank of elevators off the lobby and the walks to the rooms can be long, however there is a trade off. You are staying at the Boardwalk, close to EPCOT and the Hollywood Studios.

EPCOT can be reached by a short walk (or take the boat), entering through the back of the park. And to reach the Hollywood Studios, you can walk or take the boat as well.

The transportion system is needed to reach the rest of the parks as well as Downtown Disney. However, you can also walk into EPCOT (if you hold a Park Hopper pass) and go to the front of the park to catch the Monorail to the MK.

We like that fact that access to the rooms is inside the Resort as opposed to outside like it is at OKW and SS. But it is really up to the individual on this note. Coming from CA, we never have a car to consider and always use the Magical Express.

Additionally, when you are taking the transportation bus back to the Resort, the bus typically stops at the Swan first, followed by the Dolphin and then the Beach Club with the Boardwalk being the last stop. You can get off at the Swan and walk to the BW, and get there before the bus arrives at the BW, if you feel so inclined.

-Jeffybob :balloon:

An owner at the Boardwalk Villas since 1997

2009 - BWV (5/3) and DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - Disneyland, SS, DCL, BWV
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BW Inn, DCL
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV
1997 - Swan

PlutoPlanet
09-05-2008, 12:03 PM
We stayed in a Standard view and loved it. We were a close walk to the bus stop and to DHS. Our one time stay with a Boardwalk view was great too, but we'd rather save the points and stay a day or so longer.

Figment78
09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Additionally, when you are taking the transportation bus back to the Resort, the bus typically stops at the Swan first, followed by the Dolphin and then the Beach Club with the Boardwalk being the last stop. You can get off at the Swan and walk to the BW, and get there before the bus arrives at the BW, if you feel so inclined.

Thank you for this idea! We will be staying at Boardwalk for the first time in Sept and I hadn't thought of getting off the bus at the Swan and enjoying a walk on the boardwalk. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Jeffybob,
In my experiences at the BWV, and they have been numerous, the only bus that heads to the BC/YC in addition to the Swan/Dolphin, is the return bus from the AK/BB.

The MK bus destined to the BW definitely does not head to the BC/YC - they have their own stop at the MK.

Much has been stated about the BW sharing buses with other resorts. The Swan & Dolphin are always shared - but in most cases, they are the stop after the BW on the return trip. The exception, as mentioned above, is when returning from the AK. In that case, the ride to the BW is a very long one...

Jeffybob
09-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi, Frank,

Agreed ... the guest needs to watch (and listen) for the Transport Bus stops when heading to the BW ... The driver always announces.

Based on my experiences WDW often change their routes. The transports from DTD as well as MK share the same buses, which are the only times we use the transports when on property. Otherwise we walk from Epcot and take the boat from the Studies. And frankly I do not recall the route from AK and we are not water park people.

In any event, a BW guest just needs to remember is that should their Transport stop at the Swan prior to the arrival at the BW, hopping off and walking over the bridge is a great option, as opposed to bumping along through the other resorts. Plus you get to enter on to the Boardwalk and check out what is going on as opposed to entering through the lobby of Inn/Villas.

Jeff :balloon:

MILWDIANA
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
We will be staying in a Grand Villa in 45 days!!!!
Do all the Grand Villas have the same view????
Standard, Preferred or Boardwalk???? Are they all together in the same area???

Thanks!!

sdewan
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
For what it's worth, I've stayed in a boardwalk view room twice, and will never do it again. Both times were on the 5th floor, so I would have expected to experience less boardwalk noise. But even with the balcony doors closed at night, you can hear the crowds playing midway games at 11PM and then just as you fall asleep, you hear them again getting out of Atlantic Dance at 1AM.

I've also stayed in a preferred pool-view room and that was very nice. Beyond the pool is a nice view of the canal and the Swan and Dolphin.

Luthien Tinuviel
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
We've stayed in Boardwalk view rooms, standard view rooms, and preferred view rooms. I liked the Boardwalk view best and really never had a problem with the noise. I honestly can't remember what we overlooked with the standard view, but we were about as close to Epcot as you can get without actually being in the park. We could sit on our balcony and hear the British Invasion from this room which was pretty cool! The preferred view room was definitely my least favorite as it was overlooking the big pool. This seemed a lot noisier than any Boardwalk view we had ever had. Lots of little kids running around and just more activity in general it seemed than the Boardwalk side.

DVC_dad
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
We have stayed in all three room types as well. I have to admit, I most enjoy staying in the rooms that face the Main Pool. We enjoy the view, and with our large crew of kids (seven for the time being) we enjoy keeping the room open and airy. If we are NOT down at the pool, we enjoy keeping the view and noises of the pool coming in and continuing to bask in the party like magical atmosphere from outside.

Standard View: We sleep with the TV on and I doubt there is any amount of noise that could keep either us or our children awake after how tired we are each day from good food, fun in the parks, and swimming. The one stay we had in a standard was a view of the front portico and parking lot. We didn't mind, but we do prefer the preferred view, thus the name "preferred" I guess. LOL JK