PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland - Day Two

LittleSpirit02
08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Day Two

We woke up bright and early and got into Disneyland at about 8:15. We headed over to the River Belle Terrace, possibly my favorite Disney restaurant, for breakfast. I got the Mickey Mouse pancakes which I remembered enjoying from our last trip. We sat outside and enjoyed the quietness of the parks. We then headed over to California Adventure thinking it was opening at 9, but it turned out it was 9:30 so we headed back into Disneyland where we were greeted by characters galore. I waited in line and got a picture with Mickey before heading into the 50 Years of Disneyland exhibit and movie. By the time we had done that, California Adventure had opened so we headed there and got fast passes for Soarin and headed straight for Toy Story Mania. Even though the Pier was not open yet, the line for Toy Story Mania was long! It extended all the way to the Grizzly River Rapids. Nevertheless, we knew we wanted to go on it and there were no fast passes so we waited. It was worth it! The ride was better than I expected! I got a high score of about 130,000 ranking second in the family this time! ;) We all wanted to ride it again but the line was at least an hour long wait. We rode Tower of Terror, and then got some hot dogs and popcorn for a snack. We used our fast passes for Soarin, one of our favorites and got new passes for California Screamin. We also rode Tower of Terror again and then headed for the Aladdin musical which we’d heard great things about. I really enjoyed it! We sat in the first row of the balcony and had a great view. I was impressed by the singing and the Genie was hilarious. Afterwards, we went to Animation Academy again where we drew Piglet! We were a little hungry so we decided to share a Mickey Mouse rice krispie treat and a brownie. We did a little shopping at the Off the Page store where I liked watching the Disney artists in the store drawing at their stations. I decided to buy a Disneyland fleece to go with the pillow I bought on our last trip. We then rode California Screamin again and grabbed new fast passes for Soarin before going to get some dinner. We all tried different things. I got some broccoli and cheese soup while the rest of my family tried the corn chowder, the clam chowder and a burrito. Everything was delicious. After eating, we noticed the Toy Story line wasn’t too bad! We went for it and all scored higher than the time before. We headed back to Animation Academy for one more go. This time it was Pluto! We hopped on a few more rides and headed to use our Soarin fast passes before heading back to Disneyland. Once back in Disneyland, we rode as many of our favorites as we could including Pirates and Buzz. Our experience in the Haunted Mansion was a new one for me! As we waited in the stretching room, someone started reciting the words to the spiel along with the Ghost Host. Almost instantly, so did the rest of the room! Everyone was saying, “is the haunted room actually stretching….” and continued all the way through to the scream! It was actually pretty cool! If there were any first timers in the room, they may have been a bit confused however. We decided to stop at the Refreshment Corner (Casey’s as I call it) and get some hot dogs and pretzels. We also hopped on Splash Mountain where I rode in the front seat again and got soaked. To finish off the great trip, we rode the train over to Tomorrowland waited one last time to get on Space Mountain. It was a great trip and I can’t wait to go back!

tinkwest
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
... Our experience in the Haunted Mansion was a new one for me! As we waited in the stretching room, someone started reciting the words to the spiel along with the Ghost Host. Almost instantly, so did the rest of the room! Everyone was saying, “is the haunted room actually stretching….” and continued all the way through to the scream! It was actually pretty cool! ...

That sounds like fun!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Aladdin at the Hyperion Theater. I have gone several times, always trying a seat in a different section, and have loved the show each time.

You guys really know how to make the most of a DLR vacation. Thanks for sharing.

(What did you think of the hotel?)

NotaGeek
08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
08-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great time!

Did you get a chance to see the Fireworks or Fantasmic?

What was your experience at the Candy Cane Inn?

LittleSpirit02
08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
We didn't see Fantasmic or the fireworks as we tried to use the time for rides. Although I did enjoy seeing the fireworks while riding the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain.

The Candy Cane Inn was great! The walk over to the parks was very short and easy. It was actually fun walking through the parking lot cause I like seeing the trams and monorails. :blush: The beds were very comfortable, the service was great and the breakfast was quite nice, as well. They had trays that allowed you to easily bring breakfast back to the room. I'd definitely stay there again.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't know how you could have squeezed any more fun into your day. You did so much in both parks! :thumbsup: I am heading to DL next month and your reports sure have me all revved up and ready to have some fun. I am glad your family had such a nice trip. Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: