PDA

View Full Version : 16 More Days Till Disney!

dsnyfan001
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
OK So I am leaving very soon and cant wait to go... Is there anything I should know about going in September? This will be my first time going in September, I am going To MNSSHP as well and I just cant wait. But I always used to go in July, offsite. This time I am staying on property and Its my first time, Is there any little secrets that I should know of?? Thanks!:mickey:

moe513
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Sept is a great time to go. I would love to go then but can't pull my kids out of high school. Watch the park schedule, they close earlier in the fall and wont run as many parades. Also, fantasmic is going to 2 times a week soon.

Mousemates
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM
September/October are actually our favorite times to visit the parks...but like the previous poster high school with all of its time commitments have robbed us of our ability to vacation during that time frame. The only thing i would mention as far as something to bear in mind is that because of the free dining promotions the restaurants tend to fill up a bit more quickly and thus ADRs become a bit more important.

mrsgaribaldi
08-27-2008, 08:57 AM
We leave in 18 days!!! When are you going to the party? We're going the 16th:mickey: Maybe we'll see you there. I hope you have a great trip:cloud9:

karenrarintogo
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Sept. is a GREAT time to go.:mickey: We are anticipating our 3rd Sept. trip in a row in about 3 weeks. We also plan to do the MNNSHP for the 1st time.
One thing we may have to put up with, are the LOVE Bugs! They were everywhere 2 years ago; less so last year. They don't hurt--but can annoy!
Don't know what next month willl bring. Maybe other know what to anticipate. :):mickey::)

Unlimitedfun
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
We'll be there Sept. 13-20th. Also going to the Halloween party on Sept. 16. Getting very excited. I'll be the one with the grin from ear to ear..oh wait, that will be everyone there!:mickey:

epgasser
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
My family of four will be at the Halloween Party as well on Sept. 16th. We're also newbies to this event. We're really looking forward to it.

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
19 days to go for us!!!!
we go every september/october
we are also going to the MNSHP
we stay on property now as i find this is alot better (POP CENTURY)
just do everything!!!!!
enjoy yourself!!

disneygeek84
08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Sept is a great time to go. I would love to go then but can't pull my kids out of high school. Watch the park schedule, they close earlier in the fall and wont run as many parades. Also, fantasmic is going to 2 times a week soon.

Fantasmic isn't going to 2 shows a week until January. Just thought I'd let you know so that no one is confused. :D

Dragongirlx
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
17 days to go for us and we are off to MNSSHP for the first time too.
We have always found the parks not to crowded in September but you have to remeber they do close earlier. However as you are staying on site this is a perfect time to use extra magic hours.
We will be at the Halloween party on the 16th so if you see two twins one with short hair and one long walking about in fairy wings it's likely to be us.:mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
We are going the 13th through the 19th! We have gone the past three Septembers and I love it!!!! It is so much nicer than during peak summer. Before that, my last trip was in June and to me, it just wasn't even fun. Just too crowded. I think you will love it! :mickey:

homeschool mom
08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
This will be our first time going in Sept. We will also be there the 13th - 19th. We decided on Sept. mainly due to the free DDP. We have always wanted to try it. I just realized last night I need to get out my packing list and start making some plans. :mickey: I am in need of a vacation so badly! :cloud9:

16 days and counting! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I just wanted to say have fun!

DisneyorBust
08-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Since it can still be quite warm (even hot) during this time of year, take it easy and stay hydrated. Other than that just have a great time!

Going2HeavenRU
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
We are also leaving on the 13th! I can't wait. Can we stay in the MK even if we don't pay the extra money for the MNSH and just watch the parade? I know we can't ride anything or get candy but I wasn't sure about just looking at all the cool decorations.

tinksmom02
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
We'll be there 9/13-9.19, as well, and we're attending the MNSSHP on the 16th, too! Looks like there'll be a lot of Intercotees there!!

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 11:22 PM
If you watch the Villian show at the castle during MNSSHP, you have a chance to meet and greet the villains. Some of which you don't get to see any other time. It is a great time for characters!!

Park hours will be shorter but crowds will be a bit lighter.

Watch for Extra Magic Hours! A great perk for the resort guests!

Don't put your cell phone anywhere near your Key to the World card. It will wipe out the magnetic strip. They will give you a new one at the front desk.

Have a wonderful time!!!:mickey:

dsnyfan001
08-28-2008, 07:45 AM
We leave in 18 days!!! When are you going to the party? We're going the 16th:mickey: Maybe we'll see you there. I hope you have a great trip:cloud9:

LOL!! NO WAY SO ARE WE!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO GO THE DAYS ARE FLYING BY! I HOPE WE SEE EACH OTHER THERE!!! AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP TOO!:mickey:

dsnyfan001
08-28-2008, 07:47 AM
:mickey:
We'll be there Sept. 13-20th. Also going to the Halloween party on Sept. 16. Getting very excited. I'll be the one with the grin from ear to ear..oh wait, that will be everyone there!:mickey:

We are going to the party on the same day!
Its neat to know that I will be going to the same party with fellow intercot fans lol!! Hope to see ya there and have a wonderful trip!

dsnyfan001
08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
17 days to go for us and we are off to MNSSHP for the first time too.
We have always found the parks not to crowded in September but you have to remeber they do close earlier. However as you are staying on site this is a perfect time to use extra magic hours.
We will be at the Halloween party on the 16th so if you see two twins one with short hair and one long walking about in fairy wings it's likely to be us.:mickey:

lol I will look out for the fairy wings lol! Have fun!!!!

dsnyfan001
08-28-2008, 07:51 AM
LOL IT SEEMS LIKE THERE WILL BE ALOT OF INTERCOTEES AT THE SAME TIME... HMM WE SHOULD ALL MEET UP AT THE HALLOWEEN PARTY SOMEWHERE!! LOL THANKS FOR GIVING ME ALL THE ADVICE AND HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP ESPECIALLY AT THE PARTY!!!!!!:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

maxrebo77
08-30-2008, 08:01 AM
I will not be at the party, but I will be at Narcoosees on the 16th enjoying the same fireworks.
Have a great time everyone!:party: