PDA

View Full Version : my recent stay

Nekochan
08-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn from 8/14-8/22. I was very pleasantly surprised - it's a clean, well maintained, quiet motel with a decent continental breakfast included in the room. It's only a 2 block walk to the entrance booths - I believe it's closer than Paradise Pier, and possibly the Disneyland hotel. What's especially nice is the shuttle that runs every half hour to the parks from the hotel. You'd think you could deal with the extra 2 blocks at the end of the day, but at the end of a loong day at the parks, that shuttle looks awfully good!!! :D

Also, at DCA most of the rides have a single rider line. You must see Aladdin and toy story mania at DCA. If you like roller coasters, but not really huge insane ones, California screamin' is great. (I like big thunder mountain, but not space mountain).

At Disneyland, the Indiana Jones ride and the Finding Nemo rides are excellent. For finding nemo, try to get there at park opening (and on a magic morning, if possible). It stays packed most of the day and there is no fastpass or single rider line. Also, get your fastpasses for Indy as soon as you can.

tinkwest
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks for your thoughts & tips from your recent visit to the Disneyland Resort.

I'm moving this over to the DLR Trip Report section.

ChipnDaleGal
08-27-2008, 06:08 AM
I stayed at the Candy Cane last April and was also very happy there. I am glad you had a good time at Disneyland. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Diznee4Me
09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree Aladdin is a must do!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your report.

goofy for pluto
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Another vote for the Candy Cane Inn! :candy:
Great little hotel with a nice brakfast and a clean pool. The room was cleaner than some of my experiences at WDW.