PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP & MVMCP - Wrist Bands/Admission

ChinaMama
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a question about those nights at MK when they do the special ticketed events. In the past - like last Halloween they didn't clear the park so may people stayed to shop, dine & watch the parade & fireworks during the special ticketed event.

Does anyone know if Disney has changed it policy? Especially with the elimination of the new no wrist bands for late nights? I have been at MVMCP several times. Several years ago they use to clear the park, then one year the moved us all to Tomorrow Land to get wrist bands, and then we just got wrist bands one year.

I was really surprised last Halloween when everyone stayed for the night events. We are trying to decide when to buy tickets for MVMCP for our trip during the beginning of December this year.

We hesitate because we have had total rain crushing nights when we had purchased the special even tickets and that really stunk! It was just DH & myself then but now with two little kids and friends going with us that have never been to Disney before (also with 2 little kids) we don't want to end up with a wasted money.

I don't expect that they will sell out for the weekday nights before we arrive and the slight discount is the price is not worth the potential risk with weather & little kids. But I will be frustrated again if everyone just stays to watch the night time events. If Disney is not clearing the park they must be fine with people staying to watch these events. I did not see a single cast agent check the wrists of people sitting Main Street waiting for the parade.

Thanks for any help!

ChinaMaMa

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I was at two MNSSHPs and one MVMCP last year. The parks were never cleared, as you said, but the CM's were being really good about checking for wristbands at all three parties.
The MVMCP was a sell out (mobbed) and I saw CM's everywhere asking to see bracelets. Especially on Main Street.

I was not a fan of the Xmas party. Mostly due to the crowds. We are talking about doing the same thing you are. Possibly buying tickets once we get there for one of nights the party is offered. Hopefully there will be one night that is not a sell out.

LauraleeH
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm going to be there on the first MNSSHP this year, and I will let you know if anything has changed. It's very unfair that it crowds the park just because some people don't want to pay. I understand you had to pay to get in that day, but plan ahead people...choose a different day to get in the MK or deal with it...don't ruin the fun for others :mad:

tjstrike
08-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I've been to the MNSSHP the last 2 years and IMO it's a waste of money, plan and simple !

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 03:37 AM
i went last year and i did see CM checking wristbands. but it did cross my mind that you could easily be in teh park without paying for the event.
they need to do something different.

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow! I didn't realize they were so slack about clearing the park. We were trying to finish some shopping right before Night of Joy and got split up and I wasn't even allowed to get back in the Emporium to get my family. I thought they were pretty strict.

disneymajik
08-30-2008, 08:19 AM
We had a totally different experience. We went to the MNSSHP last October and the CM's cleared the park and cleared it very quickly. Unless you were literally hiding they were going to get you out of the park. I was rather impressed at how they did it.
That said with the elimination of the wrist bands I really wonder how they are going to get people out since most everyone will have a room key.

LauraleeH
08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
We had a totally different experience. We went to the MNSSHP last October and the CM's cleared the park and cleared it very quickly. Unless you were literally hiding they were going to get you out of the park. I was rather impressed at how they did it.
That said with the elimination of the wrist bands I really wonder how they are going to get people out since most everyone will have a room key.
They're not doing wristbands anymore?

Main Street Jim
08-30-2008, 02:27 PM
As far as we know (Cast), wristbands will still be used for hard-ticket events such as the Parties. Wristbands have only been eliminated for evening EMH at the parks.

LauraleeH
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
As far as we know (Cast), wristbands will still be used for hard-ticket events such as the Parties. Wristbands have only been eliminated for evening EMH at the parks.
Oh, ok, thanks!

Figment!
08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow! I didn't realize they were so slack about clearing the park. They're not.

Although the park no longer sequesters party goers and then sweeps the park clear, the park is still swept clear of those Guests who did not purchase tickets.

The new mulit-stage clearing procedure consists of restricting access to attractions, then sweeping non-ticket holding Guests to Main Street, restringing access to Main Street locations, then sweeping non-ticket holding Guests down Main Street and out of the park.

This new clearing procedure may not be as apparent to those with wristbands who are permitted to be riding attractions as the park is cleared, which may lead to the (albeit inaccurate) perception that the park is no longer cleared.