PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

villavic
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm going to WDW on the first week of december, I already bought my ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on nov 30.
Has anybody been in this event? Though the question is a bit late, how was it? any review? Is it worth it?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
We had a ball when we went in 2005. Low crowds on a Thursday night. It wasn't too hot. We got to see and do just about everything you could want to do. And they usually let you in with just the party tix about 4pm. You'll have fun!

LauraleeH
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I went last year in November and it was overcrowded but my family had fun drinking the free hot chocolate and eating cookies in a little restaurant by ourselves. That alone was memorable. The parade is good and so is the fireworks. The snow just makes the atmosphere perfect. Have fun!

tmosier
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
:santa:
Nov. 30th is when we hope to go to MVMCP! We went last year the Sunday after Thanksgiving and had a great time. The hot chocolate, "snow", and shows weren't a big deal to us. What we most enjoyed was being at the MK at night, the extra fireworks show, the festive atmosphere, the limited number of attendees, and walking right on to pretty much any ride we wanted to. We hope to make MVMCP a first night to WDW family tradition.

deedeebee
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
We attended MVMCP on Dec 12th, 07. It was sold out!!! Packed! We still managed to have fun, fireworks were wonderful. We really didn't try to do anything else but enjoy the party. I hope that the party you attend isn't as full:thumbsup: We are trying MNSSHP this Sept!:jack::ghost: Have fun, make sure to see the lights at HS:deer:

danicafan
08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
We have gone for the past 3 years and absolutely LOVE it. Last year my 5 year old niece was in love with Belle so we stood in line for over an hour to get a picture of Belle in her Christmas dress. Well worth the wait if you have someone who is a big fan of Belle. Last year it was really warm out so we didn't drink as much hot chocolate as a we normally do. My suggestion is to do the special things at the party (shows, parade, etc) and enjoy the evening! I'm bummed we wont be going this year but figured I couldn't convince my husband to go in December and then again the 3rd week of January for my 40th birthday!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
My husband and I will be attending it on December 2nd. The party is a lot of FUN!!! You'll have a blast. The decorations are amazing, the parades you'll love, the rides you can't pass up, and the characters are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute to be around. Enjoy your party night.

Next trip: November 24th thru December 5th:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
08-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Last year was our 1st time going in Dec. We attended not 1 MVMCP, but 3. Had a great time at all of them and it took us at least 2 parties to see the shows that we wanted to see. I don't usually enjoy a sugar cookie, but the cookies they gave out during the party were AMAZING. I LOVED them. By attending 3 parties we were able to get 3 different pins as each party was during a different week.
There were however a lot more people there than I had thought there would be. On the party days we would do something other than a park during the day and then get to MK for around 4:00 pm and use our party ticket for that days admission to the park. So even though we spent a lot on party tickets we didn't use our park passes on those days so saved there.
I am so envious of all that will be going this year. No Disney for us for a few years now.:nope::crying: as DS will be in Grade 10 and we cannot pull him out of school for vacations anymore and we won't go during busy seasons.

Mickey91
08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
We LOVED the MVMCP! The parade is great and don't miss any of the shows!! This is also the ONLY time you get to see Belle in her Christmas dress.

Unless things have changed, if you don't get to see all the shows, they play them again as well as the parade on Saturdays in Dec.:mickey:

Belle1217
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM
We will also be there on Nov. 30. We went 2 years ago and loved it. Thats why we are doing it again. You will have a good time. Like everyone else said Hot cocoa and cookies yum!!!:tasty:

SAnderson70769
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
We have been just once but we had a blast. I think we were lucky as the party was not crowded at all. At one point, my wife and I were like 2 of about 40 people walking around Big Thunder / Splash Mountain area. We got to stay on rides and ride again and again if there weren't a lot of people waiting (i think those days are long gone). Still, the special fireworks, parade, hot chocolate and cookies, and the snow on Main Street along with all the decorations just made it a special evening! We stayed all the way until it ended. Have a blast!

starflyer59
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
We have been every year for the past 4 years or so. It has changed alot the past couple of years. When we first started going to the party you got your picture made and you got a button and a lanyard. Now all you get is the hot choclate and cookies.

They took all those things away and raised the prices.

Everytime we have been the crowds have been small and everything is a walk on. COP closes early so ride that before the party starts.

Imagineer1981
08-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Looks like I am in the minority: I wasn't impressed. While there was some cool effects like the snow on mainstreet and getting to see some of the parade characters like the toy soldiers that you only ever see on TV, it was really a let down. I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween. It just didn't feel like christmas, maybe because we were drinking hot chocolate in 85 degree weather. MNSSHP seems to really "transform" with the lighting and theming and everyone in costumes, etc. We bought the xmas mickey ear hats and tried everything we could to get in the spirit, but when compared to other parties, it fell flat.

Simba'sBud
08-28-2008, 04:10 PM
My DW and I went last year in the second week of Dec. and absolutely enjoyed every moment. The parade was second to none and Christmas Wishes was spectacular! The weather was a bit warm, but with all the decorations, the outfits for the characters and CM's, and the snow falling on Main St., we couldn't help but get into the Christmas spirit.

Definitely don't miss it!!

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I really don't think it is all that special. I know I am in the minority but spending all that extra money for hot chocolate and cookies? The rest you can see on any late night. TJMO, I know everyone else loves it.

CaptainSad
08-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I went this past December for the first time and went twice. The 18th and the 21st (The last one for o7). They were both sold out. But had a great time. Got to do everything and if you skip the last parade at night and go for the rides, you will almost have them to yourselves. I hit HM 5 times in a row and I was the only one in the Queue area each time. I got to see things that I missed over the years. At the POTC I got to have the guests disembark the boats. The CM was there and showed me what to do. I think I did 4 of the boats. I don't know if that was allowed but there was hardly anybody at the POTC. This may be just me, but it is one of those special times. Some may not see it that way because of the cost. To me if it is once every blue moon you do it, it is well worth it.

badkitty
08-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween.

Same thing happened to me. I went to my first Christmas party the same year after having such a wonderful time at MNSSHP. I was a bit disappointed but I still enjoyed being in the park late and the snow was neat. I will probably go again if I have the chance.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Looks like I am in the minority: I wasn't impressed. While there was some cool effects like the snow on mainstreet and getting to see some of the parade characters like the toy soldiers that you only ever see on TV, it was really a let down. I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween. It just didn't feel like christmas, maybe because we were drinking hot chocolate in 85 degree weather. MNSSHP seems to really "transform" with the lighting and theming and everyone in costumes, etc. We bought the xmas mickey ear hats and tried everything we could to get in the spirit, but when compared to other parties, it fell flat.

I couldn't agree more.
Our party was a sell out and that did not make for a good time at all. The one difference we had was that it was quite chilly at our MVMCP. But, it still did not compare to MNSSHP.