PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown vs. Captain's Grill??

disneykid99
08-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I am trying to decide between to TS locations Rose and Crown and Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. We are leaning towards Rose and Crown but not so much for the fish and chips - primarily for its location. The Captain's Grill is an option because it is available. Which would you pick?
Thanks for the help:mickey:

brownie
08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
We've never eaten at the Captain's Table, but have eaten at the Rose & Crown almost every trip. The Rose & Crown would be my choice, especially if you're able to be in the park.

GrmGrninGost
08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
We ate at Rose & Crown last year for the first time! It will not be the last. The food was great! We have ressies there next week! :mickey:

joonyer
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
The Rose & Crown is also one of our favorites. If you like sausage, try the Bangers & Mash. It's a Great location too, as you mentioned. If you're there for dinner during Illuminations, you'll get a chance to watch from the patio, even if you don't get a table out there.

And the stewed mushrooms (appetizer) are fabulous! YUM! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

DDuck66
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I have to agree with all of the above posters. We ate at R&C for the first time about a year ago and loved it. It is a regular stop and in fact we have ressies for the CP Dinner there in November.

Disney fans..
08-28-2008, 01:33 PM
We have also never eaten at the Captian's Grill but have eaten at the Rose & Crown every trip..and will continue to eat there every trip. We love it, the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. :number1:

disneykid99
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Thank you all for your posts. You can convinced me to stick with the Rose and Crown. Our adr's are for 8pm so we are hoping to watch Illuminations too. Thank you again:mickey:

I wonder who has eaten at the Captain's Grill. I have not met anyone who has:confused:

Mickey91
08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Haven't eaten at the Captain's Grill (or even heard of it) But, we love the Rose and Crown!:mickey:

wendy*darling
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
We have eaten at the Yacht Club Galley (old name of the Captain's Grill), but not since they changed the name.

We do have breakfast ADRs there for our October trip.

But I agree with everyone else- if you are planning to be in Epcot, and want to see Illuminations that evening- just eat at the R&C. Great food and a terrific location.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I think my husband and I will have to try Rose and Crown Pub. It sounds great. We haven't eaten there yet as well as Norway. All the other countries at WS we've tried many times. Always willing to try something new. What's the menu like @ Rose and Crown? For next years October trip we may try it.:)

Next trip: November 24th thru December 5th

joonyer
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I think my husband and I will have to try Rose and Crown Pub. It sounds great. . . . . What's the menu like @ Rose and Crown? . . .

Here is a link to the Info central Rose & Crown Menu:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/rosecrowndinner.asp

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Here is a link to the Info central Rose & Crown Menu:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/rosecrowndinner.asp
Thanks for the link. The food looks great.:mickey:

badkitty
09-01-2008, 05:07 AM
The R&C was not on my list of "must-eats" until my last trip and my dad wanted to switch our reservations from the Coral Reef. I was a bit reluctant, but I am glad we did. It was wonderful and we got a great table on patio. Definitely on my list now!

mrsgaribaldi
09-01-2008, 11:29 AM
We love Rose & Crown too. Never been to Captain's Grill:mickey: