PDA

View Full Version : Morning Coffee - Boardwalk

Figment78
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time this September. I have to have my morning coffee, especially to get me going for the parks all day! :mcoffee:

Can anyone tell me what my best option is for coffeewhen staying at the Boardwalk? Is the Boardwalk Bakery my only option? Does it get super-crowded in the mornings? And how early do they open? Is it far from the Inn rooms?

I'm spoiled :blush:- DH usually will pop down to Roaring Forks (WL) or Captain Cooks (Poly) to get my coffee while I'm in the shower. The Bakery doesn't sound as convenient... :(

Thanks!

ElenitaB
08-27-2008, 03:36 AM
The Bakery opens quite early... around 7:00 a.m. However, the later you go, the more crowded it gets. I've seen the line out the door on more than one occasion. It is not far from the Inn rooms (it's on that side of the resort). Later in the mornng (i.e., not at the crack of dawn), they offer coffee and other breakfast items (mainly baked goods from what I recall) in the Belle Vue Room certain times of the year. There's also a stand on the Boardwalk called Boardwalk Joe's that supposedly sells coffee in the morning but I've never noticed it open the times we've stayed there (late August, May, February).

If you want to sit down for breakfast, you can get take-out from the Bakery or dine at Spoodles.

Me, I'm a BYOC person. I've been known to bring my own filters and ziplocs of pre-measured coffee. Sorry, but I gotta have my coffee, the earlier the better! :coffee:

ShanPooh
08-28-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but the cinnamon yummies at the Bakery are worth a special trip to the Boardwalk :tasty:

pamickeys
08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
just have DH put on his walking shoes and walk over to Swan & Dolphin, they have a coffee bar and it is great, plus a little walk in the morn gets the blood flowing, ( I get 4 so i only make one trip).

wendy*darling
08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
The Bakery is not any less convenient than Captain Cook's or Roaring Forks, but...
The Belle Vue Room is on the main floor (lobby level) of the Inn side of the Boardwalk Resort.
It is open in the mornings for coffee, etc. (refillable mugs can be used) and continental breakfast.
So you can have DH run down and grab your coffee in the morning without going to the Bakery. Or you can go down there with him and sit in the comfy lounge area or out on the balcony and watch the Epcot Resorts come to life in the morning! :thumbsup:

In the evenings, they serve adult beverages from 5-midnight.

Septbride2002
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
The Bakery opens quite early... around 7:00 a.m. However, the later you go, the more crowded it gets. I've seen the line out the door on more than one occasion. It is not far from the Inn rooms (it's on that side of the resort). Later in the mornng (i.e., not at the crack of dawn), they offer coffee and other breakfast items (mainly baked goods from what I recall) in the Belle Vue Room certain times of the year. There's also a stand on the Boardwalk called Boardwalk Joe's that supposedly sells coffee in the morning but I've never noticed it open the times we've stayed there (late August, May, February).

If you want to sit down for breakfast, you can get take-out from the Bakery or dine at Spoodles.

Me, I'm a BYOC person. I've been known to bring my own filters and ziplocs of pre-measured coffee. Sorry, but I gotta have my coffee, the earlier the better! :coffee:

To be fair only about 2 or 3 people can stand in the bakery at a time - so it doesn't take much for the line to go out the door. Especially if you have a big family standing inside. :D

The baker can be convenient and lovely and also - NOT. I like to hit the bakery if it isn't busy - a little latte and a chocolate crossant in the morning is a beautiful thing. If it is to busy I walk over to Swan and Dolphin and get my coffee.

~Amanda

ParkMan
08-30-2008, 12:48 AM
The Bakery is not any less convenient than Captain Cook's or Roaring Forks, but...
The Belle Vue Room is on the main floor (lobby level) of the Inn side of the Boardwalk Resort.
It is open in the mornings for coffee, etc. (refillable mugs can be used) and continental breakfast.
So you can have DH run down and grab your coffee in the morning without going to the Bakery. Or you can go down there with him and sit in the comfy lounge area or out on the balcony and watch the Epcot Resorts come to life in the morning! :thumbsup:

It took us a few days to figure this out, but once we did, we went there every morning. The bakery's great, but as stated before, it really get's backed up.

Maleficent's Dad
08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I just returned from the BWV.

Belle Vue Room opens at 6:30 AM every morning.

They'll definitely take care of the refillable mugs for you. (Neither the Bakery nor the Belle Vue Room - or Leaping Horses for that matter) will actually take your mug. You show it to them and they give you a cup of your beverage. Apparently when there's no "Self Serve" area, this has become policy.