PDA

View Full Version : Busy in December

Auroring Good Time
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I have scheduled my vacation from December 5 - 14, 2008. My friends are also trying to book and they are finding everything is full. Can someone tell me what is going on at Disneyworld during this time that the resorts are filling up?:confused:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Disney will be taping their Christmas parade around that time. There is supposed to be a parade, dance teams performing at Cinderalla's castle, and other performances.

WonderlandsMostWanted
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I was goofing round on expedia the other day, and found that they currently have a lot more availability for Disney resorts around that time than disney direct booking does. Maybe your friends could check with a travel agent, or expedia or one of those online booking systems, they may have better luck finding a room in their price range.

Strmchsr
08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Pop Warner, Mousefest, etc is all going on around that time. The parade taping really doesn't impact the resorts because only APs are allowed to be a part of the crowd. Also, this time of year has gotten much more popular in the last 4 or so years.

Also, WDW only allots the number of rooms they think they can fill. They don't want 500 rooms open if only 300 will be full, so usually people run into this issue. Check with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) and I'm sure they can get your friends settled.