PDA

View Full Version : No more wristbands for EMH PM

MuchLovedMama
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I just read on another site:

Beginning September 7 2008, Disney Resort Guests need to present their Key to the World cards (or applicable resort ID), instead of wristbands, for accessing evening Extra Magic Hours attractions.

At least I don't need to worry about getting wristbands but that's kind of going to be a pain getting out the ID for every ride for 8 of us.

Dyanna
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I have a funny feeling that a lot of people will lose their ID cards from the constant taking out & putting them back in their bags or where ever they store them. Guess I better have deep pockets in my clothes so the cards dont fall out. ;)

tinklover
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree that it is going to be a pain pulling the cards out for every attraction. I am wondering if this is due to the lines in the parks for the wristbands. here is an idea they should have a spot at teh resorts wher eyo get your wrist bands. maybe have a different color for each resort? or maybe some kind of blinking pin you get at check in to wear for emh? if they are adament about teh card how about giving a lanyard with card carier for everyoen who checks in so we can wear them to EMh so we won;t lose them out of our pockets or have to dig thru bags for each ride. i dunno just some ideas.

ShinynewJB
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
This does sound a bit arkward. But queing for the bands was kind of a pain. Guess it saves Disney money too.

However. I can see one massive flaw. What's to stop people using OLD hotel cards if they've stayed in Disney before, but are staying off-site? I'm sure you'll only have to "flash" the card to the CM.

KAT1811
08-26-2008, 01:02 PM
That is going to be a pain.

When I stayed at an all inclusive resort they gave us wristbands upon check in that we had to wear all week why not do something like that upon check in? That would do away with the in park lines. Supposing that is the reason that they started the new rules. A lanyard is also another great idea for EMH. Maybe the CMs at the entrance could hand them out instead after all you do have to take out your key to the world un order to get in (if you have APs then it would just be one more thing to pull out but you'd probably be in the same area when you do).

Mickey91
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
It's all about the money!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-26-2008, 01:20 PM
We're actually already discussing this over here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=141036&page=2)

Come and you'll see my reasons as to why this is a BAD idea.