PDA

View Full Version : buildings at BC

jonahbear2006
08-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I am reading this preference stuff on other resorts. Is there a better place to request at beach club, in order to be fairly close to the main building and the edge of the pool but closer to the Epcot entrance as well?

Jarrod
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
We had, in our opinion, the best room we ever had at BC this past May. We were upgraded to a Water view room, but it was in a great location. The room # was 1561 and it was on the 1st floor. We could walk out our patio door and the Quiet Pool was just to our left. Just maybe 50 feet or so. We could also just cross the lawn that was outside our patio and we were on the path that goes to SAB (right) or Epcot (left). As far as inside, it was not too far of a walk to the Market place. We have stayed at the BC several times and we felt like we hit the Jackpot with this room. Of course there are a whole row of rooms right there, so you could request anything in that general area. Good luck.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Thank you but how do you make these requests? Do you call or what? I don't want to fax anything. So main floor is nice for kids? I think that I may prefer first floor over having a balcony. Looks like any main floor room would be nice for us, especially with the 4 kids and coming back tired.

Jarrod
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Everyone says to put your requests on your reservation, and that faxing does not work anymore. However, we have been faxing rooms requests to the BC for years and have always gotten our request (including upgrades). I have never outright requested an upgrade, but we always book a garden view; request 1st floor near the quiet pool and have always gotten upgraded to water view. That is a pretty simple request in that it can include a number of different rooms, so they have always been able to give us the request. Further, they have always greeted us at the check-in desk by telling us that they received our request and are happy to tell us they are able to accomodate us. Who knows, maybe we are just lucky, but I would give it a try.

We are sold on 1st floor rooms at the BC for that very reason. . . at the end of a long day, it is so easy to get to your room.

Good luck:mickey: