PDA

View Full Version : DVC and free dining

Mickey'sGirl
08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Just wondering.... We'll be staying at our DVC resort next August and September. We have annual passes, so we will not need park tickets from Disney. My question is this... If free dining is announced for that period next year whilst we are staying at our DVC resort, do we have the option of purchasing one day tickets plus dining in order to get free dining during our stay?

Wishful thinking perhaps?:mickey:

dlpmikki
08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Afraid you don't get free dining with DVC at all.

Mickey'sGirl
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
....ahhhh! The story of my life Mikki! I'll just enjoy the DDE card instead, right?:mickey:

dlpmikki
08-26-2008, 12:19 PM
You can enjoy the DDE or you can get the paid dining plan when staying at DVC. You don't need to buy tickets to do that.

hlkeck
08-27-2008, 08:59 AM
That was the one thing last sept that almost made us NOT buy the DVC...no more free dining! But we were stuck with either staying at values to get it or sucking it up to get to stay at a deluxe for the price of a value and pay for the dining plan. So, we're staying in a 1 BR concierge level AKL with the paid dining plan in about 10 days...I'm thinking we made the right choice! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

lockedoutlogic
08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
That was the one thing last sept that almost made us NOT buy the DVC...no more free dining! But we were stuck with either staying at values to get it or sucking it up to get to stay at a deluxe for the price of a value and pay for the dining plan. So, we're staying in a 1 BR concierge level AKL with the paid dining plan in about 10 days...I'm thinking we made the right choice! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

free dining is a smoke and mirrors show meant only to pad attendance during low season.....

you are much better off with DVC.....as the rooms you have to buy with "free dining" will continue to escalate by 5-10% a year......whereas the DVC price is paid and done for and you will see an increased returned for many years.....

and the DVC places are just nicer.....to be frank....

well......then there's saratoga:thedolls:

hlkeck
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Actually, I think this trip, had we duplicated it paying cash (which actually would have never happened), staying in a 1 BR concierge - we have almost paid for 1/3 of our DVC expense and we have like 48 years left!