PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere that tells you distance?

Princess2BsMom
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I am trying to decide how much time we should allow to get to certain rides/shows/ADRs from the front of the park. Is there anywhere that I could get a good idea of how much time to allow to walk at a nice normal pace to certain spots at the parks? I just hate to be late and I really want to make sure we leave in plenty of time to make it everywhere. My husband is disable and hard headed :blush: So, I don't want him to have to rush!

disneymom2000
08-26-2008, 09:26 AM
I had some park maps that had the time it took to get from one attraction to another written on the trails of the map. I thought they were the maps you pick up as you go into the park itself. Of course you have to take into consideration how crowded the park is but I have an extremely hard time walking for any length of time due to major back surgeries and I usually allowed twice the time it said on the map because I have to sit every 200 feet or so. I refuse to use one of those carts because I am hardheaded as well. I know how your DH feels.

Imagineer1981
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Do you know where you need to go to? like Soarin' to Italy for example?

Epcot: I would say it takes about 15-20 minutes at an average pace to go from Future World to World showcase, taking into account stopping to look, and a few pics. Probably about 30-60 minutes to get around world showcase.

Mk: From the hub, its maybe 10 minutes to the furthest part of each "land", and probably 20 minutes to walk from Frontierland at Splash all the way to Space Mountain at an average pace, again accounting for a few stops

DHS: Again, I would say an average of 20 minutes to go from the entrance to LMA and 15 minutes tops to get over to RnR and ToT.

AK: Plan lots of time here, its hot and you walk slower...around 20-25 minutes to get to Africa from the main entrance and the about the same to go from the entrance to Dinoland and 20-30 minutes to EE.

These are just my guesstimates from when my wife and I go, and we honestly probably go faster, but we've been so many times we don't stop to see everything.

SAHDad
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
If you do a google search for "gmap pedometer" you should be able to find a mapping site. You'll have to zoom in to the Orlando area, but once you find WDW, you c an switch to the satellite or hybrid views (satellite shows no street names, hybrid leaves them super-imposed over the satellite view). You can actually plot out a route, and it will tell you how far it is - I have used it to show people the route from DHS to Epcot before.

It's not so good for AK, however, since a lot of AK has trees which cover the paths, but it is great for the other parks. (I just used it to double-check the distance around the world showcase - it's just barely over a mile. From the Epcot entrance to world showcase is only about .3 miles, so if you went straight there, it's 5-10 minutes.)

KAJUNKING
08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
If you do a google search for "gmap pedometer" you should be able to find a mapping site. You'll have to zoom in to the Orlando area, but once you find WDW, you c an switch to the satellite or hybrid views (satellite shows no street names, hybrid leaves them super-imposed over the satellite view). You can actually plot out a route, and it will tell you how far it is - I have used it to show people the route from DHS to Epcot before.

It's not so good for AK, however, since a lot of AK has trees which cover the paths, but it is great for the other parks. (I just used it to double-check the distance around the world showcase - it's just barely over a mile. From the Epcot entrance to world showcase is only about .3 miles, so if you went straight there, it's 5-10 minutes.)

very cool site

SAHDad
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
very cool site
It is, isn't it? I've thought about mapping out a bunch of different Disney things on it - I've already saved the DHS - Epcot route, but thought about doing a various Disney races, perhaps the touring plans, etc. It's amazing how detailed the images can be, too.

rpcwjr
08-26-2008, 09:55 PM
I always wished they had a map of the whole WDW Resort that gave you distances and times. I'm always fretting about getting from one park to a resort for an ADR or things like that. Oh well.:mickey:

Princess2BsMom
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
How long should I allow to get to the following at a nice normal pace (not rushing/running):

MK -
Castle
Crystal Palace

AK --
Tusker House

EPCOT --
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Canada

DHS ---
Play 'N Dine
Tower of Terror

Princess2BsMom
08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
any help would be great???

EmISeeKayEeWhy
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
How long should I allow to get to the following at a nice normal pace (not rushing/running):

MK -
Castle
Crystal Palace

AK --
Tusker House

EPCOT --
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Canada

DHS ---
Play 'N Dine
Tower of Terror

CP to Castle would take you less than 5 mins they actually face each other.

TheDuckRocks
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
The Passporter travel book has sturdy maps in the back that have markings that show times from point to point. These maps of the parks are so much better than the pretty ones you get from Disney that I have cut them out of the book and fold them up and always carry them into the parks with me.:thumbsup:

Mousemates
08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
very cool site

:ditto:

wdwfansince75
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Even walking with a person walking slowly, I believe that you could easily make it from the front gate of MK to BTMRR or to Space Mtn within 15 minutes....I usually make it in less than 10...from the gate to the Castle or to CP should not take more than 10 minutes, even walking slowly down Main Street. Note that walking in the street is usually faster than walking on the sidewalks.

For EPCOT, if you don't have to pause and sit, it usually takes less than 10 minutes from the gate to get to any point in Future World, and no more than 20 minutes to reach any point in World Showcase.

The two places you mentioned at DHS are both towards the front of the park, and should take less than 10 minutes.

This year, we had ADR's for the Breakfast Safari (Tusker House), and two of our party had ECV's....It took less than 10 minutes to go from the entrance to the Tusker House.

IMHO, getting through security and the ticket turnstiles will take about the same time as walking to the furthest part of that park.

Of course, crowds can seriously add to the time needed to get from place to place. That can really be a problem at AK.

Suz36
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The Passporter guide book has exactly what you want. They have a map for each park with walking times between attractions. I use it all the time for our planning. Good luck, and have fun!

Princess2BsMom
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all of the help. I will definetly look at getting the Passporter.

So, I should allow about 10 minutes to get into park and through security??