PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed...

WDW24
08-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, I just got back from WDW!
:(

I had a great time and LOVED Toy Story Mania! I''ve never been on a better ride and I love the movie Toy Story movies so it was very exciting!

I also expanded my Pin Collection, and have started sort of a theme, Mickey and friends on my favorite rides.

But to explain the title, I was very dissapointed about the cleanliness of WDW. It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it? :mad:

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm sure they will address this situation in the near future. It will be a great new reason to raise all the prices AGAIN!

DizneyRox
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Hmm.... I smell a trend (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=140000). I've been saying this for years and many seem to still like to pretend it's not happening...

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
maybe it was right before the "painting" time. I hope that is the case. I know that Disney prides itself on being emaculate

WDW24
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the posts, and yes I also hope that its before the painting days. There was one attraction which bothers me the most, Buzz Lightyear. During the line, there is numerous cracks in walls which was very dissapointing. :(

Mousemates
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it? :mad:

While this is as good a place as any to vent, make sure you accompany your vent with a polite, but firmly communcative, letter to Disney management.

lockedoutlogic
08-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm no expert, but i would guess that lack of labor and high turnover rate would contribute significantly to "issues" such as these....

Disney might have to do something drastic and pay TEN cents above the state minimum wage to get good help

disneymom2000
08-26-2008, 09:01 AM
You have to remember how big Disney is. It isn't just one park or one resort. It's huge. They can probably paint and clean up an area, but by the time they get around to that area again, it definately needs it. Florida is an extremely humid area. It takes time to prep, paint and dry and you can't do that in the rain. Then they probably have to close down the attraction - thus refurbishment - and everyone hates that when they get there and their "favorite ride" is down. Usually you favorite ride is the one that they are taking care of. I have read these posts for about 8 years and everytime I see posts on refurbishments thats when everyone sees when they are going and what is going to be down and then they focus on what is down instead of what they still have left to see. What if Disney just decided to close for a year and clean everything up - EVERYONE would be crying then. And the crowds would be tremendous when they reopened. I know it's disappointing to see the break down of your favorite place but that comes with age and crowds. Trust me, if the CM's walked behind and cleaned up after people constantly, they wouldn't geet much else done because I have seen how ****** people treat the parks, throwing down their trash whereever they finish something they have been eating instead of finding the closest trashbin. It's a job folks to try to keep everyone happy in a place that big and crowded.:hide2::mop::laundry2::vacuum::iron::dishe s::laundry::mow::whew:

Lynn J Mc
08-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I can remember in the 80s when every other person working there had a broom and a dust pan and they walked around all day sweeping up trash, popcorn, etc. I do think there are things happening there now that have Walt spinning in his grave.

Stu29573
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Once again, just tale a trip to any 6 Flags park for a little perspective. They are tiny compaired to Disney, and SO much more dirty and run down..... Disney may not be perfect, but then again nothing is...or can be. As far as the "slide" in service and cleanliness, I think many people have rose colored memories. I , for one, think Disney does an incredible job in the face of overwhelming odds. Just my two cents...:mickey:

ayeckley
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I didn't notice a problem when we were there last month. I normally very sensitive to that sort of thing.

Edit: I take that back. The loft area at Pinocchio Village Haus was absolutely filthy. Overflowing trans cans, tables full of garbage, food on the floor, etc. Really bad show. It's a low-traffic area and would be hard to keep clean, so I kind of understand. One of the custodians was cleaning it by the time we left however, which is the important thing.

passholderryan
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I was there this past weekend and also noticed something. I can't believe the amount of gum stains, on the ground, at all the parks. A ilttle pressure cleaning is needed. The streets were always so clean, but times have changed.

Jasper
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Cleanliness and repair status also has a lot to do with when you are at the parks. Here in late August the parks are still running full throttle with peak level crowds. Starting in September you will see a rise in the number of attractions down for refurbishment for everything from minor painting to full on rebuilding.

While I am not an encyclopedia of past Intercot posts it does seem to me that this is the time of year we see the largest number of posts about the condition of the parks and then it tapers off through the winter as things get patched back up.

LauraleeH
08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Honestly, I don't like the Parks being dirty, but what bothers me even more is when you pay over $200 a night for a deluxe resort and you have a room that is filled with spider webs, dust, hair, stains, and sticky substances. At least you can leave the MK at the end of the day...but to go and sleep in the filth? Ugh... :sick:

starflyer59
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
I never notice peeling paint, but then again I don't walk around looking for it either.

Maybe if guest would stop throwing trash on the ground and start using the trash cans then we would not see trash.

indytraveler
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I agree with the time of year is important. Summer is high traffic and horrendous weather conditions. With the volume of people thru the parks each day I'm happy its only small stuff. Yes back in the day their were CM's around with the whisk broom and dust pan picking up spilt popcorn or whatever in a few seconds after it hit the ground. Yes budget restraints also limit the number of people who will work let alone want to do that job. The slow season is approaching so lets hope some of this will get done before our next trips.

Mrs Bus Driver
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
A few years ago I felt the same way about DL. They were building DCA at the time and the budget cuts at DL really showed. I remember overhearing an ex employee complaining "don't they still clean the park at night when the guests are gone". Gum and trash were every where, I really thought about not taking the kids anymore. A few years later I did try it again and DL looked great. So hopefully it was a one time thing and hopefully WDW will be back in shape for my late Sept trip. I'll let you know if I notice the same thing. :mickey:

BeccaO
08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
This was really evident on our last trip in January, more so at the resort than anywhere. We stayed at the GF, and for a resort that is labeled "Disney's Flagship Resort", I sure was dissapointed. The attention to detail is just not there anymore. I believe it all trickles down from management.

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
compared to British theme parks WDW is perfect!!!!

TheRustyScupper
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
. . . I was very dissapointed about the cleanliness of WDW. It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it? . . .

1) You are pretty accurate in your evaluation.
2) Why not write an email to the Powers-that-Be.
. . . Bob Iger - [email protected]

SurferStitch
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
We were there in May, and I have to be honest, we didn't notice peeling paint or trash on the ground. Might have been there, but I wasn't looking closely enough.

We actually did see quite a few CM's picking up trash, especially in the MK. That was a nice surprise.

We stayed at the GF, and noticed the carpeting throughout the main lobby, thinking it was strange (never had wall-to-wall before). But, then we found out it was only temporary until the refurb was done, so now we can't wait to see it in October. Our room was immaculate. No complaints.

The only time we had dirty rooms was during both stays at POR. Those rooms were gross.