PDA

View Full Version : plan for MK on Thanksgiving

Harkleroad
08-25-2008, 08:07 PM
We are going to be in the MK on Thanksgiving Day with our 2 1/2 yr old son. I made plans for breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:15 thinking we would be in the park before it opens not knowing at the time it was a EMH morning. We are going knowing that things will be crowded and with my child's short attention span want to get in as many rides as possible before the crowds are too bad and we are mostly site seeing for the remainder of our trip. All that being said, will the crowds be low enough for us to head to Fantasyland after breakfast or should we just go ahead to Adventureland and make our way around knowing that Fantasyland will be crowded later in the day ? Just wondering what you guys think would be the best plan. Thanks.

SFTrny
08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanksgiving Day is crowded...there is no avoiding that. Being in the park early will help, but you will find it crazy by 2:00. Good idea to do breakfast in the park. Fastpass what you can and RELAX. Enjoy the park and the crowds of people enjoying the magic!

Aggie97
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Could you consider pushing back your breakfast to a later time? That way, you could get to MK early for EMH and take advantage of the first few hours of less crowded park time to visit attractions, and take a break for breakfast a little later in the morning? :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I agree with the above poster. Thanksgiving is nutty crowded. We were there last Thanksgiving to experience it firsthand. If rides are important, earlier is better. Arriving for EMH early, hitting Fantasyland and anything else that sounds good, then a later breakfasst would work great! You could be back at your resort by noon to relax for the rest of Thanksgiving day, avoiding the craziness of the parks.

Harkleroad
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for being so quick with your responses. I wish I could change our ressies but since it is was a last minute trip decision we were pretty restricted on dining choices. There nothing left for lunch or dinner at any of the TS and from what the CM said I got one of the last ones for breakfast. I have tried several times to see if there were any cancellations but so far no luck. I know it will be crowed and we will probably head back to the resort midday then head to Epcot for dinner. I was just wondering if there was a better "plan of attack." Do all of the rides open for EMH or just some? If they don't we will probably not worry to much about Fantasyland and go to the ones that open up about the time we are hopefully finished eating and hope for shorter lines. Thanks for all your help.