PDA

View Full Version : Exact location of Toy Story Mania

homeschool mom
08-25-2008, 01:34 PM
After reading other posters raving about how awesome this ride is, I want to make sure we don't miss it on our upcoming trip. :thumbsup:

Please tell me exactly where the ride is and the best way to get there once in the park.

Thanks in advance.

18 days and counting! :mickey:

AmandaChan
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM
When you get to the park head straight down the main street to the mickey hat and go to the right - not through the animation area, to the left of the little mermaid voyage and it's straight ahead on your right. you'll see a big underpass/sign thingy that says PIXAR. It's right next to where the narnia exhibit was/is and where who wants to be a millionaire was. It's in Disney's Hollywood studios if you didn't know? Have fun! it's amazing!

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
definitely easier to get to it now that they opened up the area behind GMR

Rekenna
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Good to know where it is-DHS layout is always a little confusing to me.

Is Toy Story Mania (TSM?) a Fast Pass attraction? I'm sure somewhere in here that question has been asked and answered, but I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks!:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Fastpass and Single's Line :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
It's not the best map, but if you take a look here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/disneystudios/maps/disneystudios.asp) it's item number 13. It's on the "street" that runs behind The Great Movie Ride. Or, if you remember Who Wants to be a Millionaire, it's in the building where this used to be.

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Rumor on another site has it that the Single's line has been removed :(

I hope it's not true because it's the only chance you have to not wait 90 minutes or more.

WDW24
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
If there at park opening, when you're on Hollywood Boulevard, go straight to ride times board and check the wait time and see if its short enough for you. From the wait time board go past Starring Rolls Cafe, Hollywood brown Derby, go to the stairs by GMR and then you'll see a sign that says Pixar Studios. From there you'll see the ride, and should probably get a FP, and then wait on the standby line. :mickey:

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
we are excited about this ride but I am planning for a early FP trip. I refuse to wait so long for any ride

wdwfansince75
08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I think there is a wormhole somewhere near the front gate...no matter how quickly I walked from the gate to the ride, there were always hundreds lined up at the FP machines....but getting in the line at first opening, rather than getting in the FP lines, gets you through the queue, which is an attraction in itself, and should get you on to the ride within 30 minutes or less...20-30 minutes in the queue for the first ride is definitely worth the wait.....and FP return times don't start until about an hour after the opening anyway.

If you are near the front of the line at rope drop, stay to the right of the GMR, down the steps to Mickey Avenue (now Pixar Place), and bear left towards the former location of WWTBAM....the FP lines are between you and the standby exit....if you have someone in your group to go ahead of the rest of you, send them for FP's, and head for the standby line.....most mornings, there are CM's expediting the process of issuing FP's. A short delay, to get your FP person back with your group, should not set you back too much....Have your group go through the queue, (give my regards to Mr Potato Head), do the ride, and you will have FP's for a second ride....