PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

disneymad1998
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone done the MNSSHP? and know if it is just the kids that dress up or the adults too - if the adults do dress up - any ideas for a costume for a disney dad that's not really into that kind of thing!!

Disney Mum and Disney Daughter are a bit more adventurous and would definately give it ago!!

Any ideas welcomed.......

:thedolls:

Mousehead35
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi There! I can tell you from past experience that EVERYONE gets into the "spirit" for MNSSHP. Kids and adults alike get dressed up - it's a ton of fun. Not sure what I would suggest for a Disney Dad though.. My dad is going this year for the 1st time and will probably just weat a Halloween T-Shirt and his Pirate Mouse Ears.

Have a great time!

Nut4DW
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
When we went to MNSSHP in 2006 it was pretty mixed. I'd say about half of the adults were dressed up in full costume and many more were wearing a halloween t-shirt or something else small to depict the holiday. All I could get my DH to wear was a pumpkin necklace that lights up. I saw one lady of somewhat advanced years dressed in a fairy costume - was interesting for sure.

Have a great time!

medic9016
08-25-2008, 01:11 PM
We have done full costumes to shorts and t-shirts. If you don't dress up, no big deal. It's still fun. This year we are doing simple theme t-shirts.

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
just remember no masks and also that it can be very hot, so make sure the costume is appropriate for the weather

ShinynewJB
08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm kinda confused about the Halloween Party. If anyone could help clear up a few things, I'd be very greatful :D.

I'm going to be in Disney between the 1st and 15th of September. This means there will be a few Halloween Party dates going off while we're there.

First of all; does the Magic Kingdom remain permintantly "dressed up" for Halloween during September and October? I've seen photos, and there are pumpkins and such everywhere. It'd be pretty impressive if they were able to do that overnight.

Secondly; how much of the day does it last? If a Halloween Party is going on, does that mean that "regular" guest won't be allowed in the parks, and do the parks close early to set the party up? We've bought the 14 day ultimate passes that I think you can only get in the UK, and they didn't mention any restrictions upon booking.

And finally; thank you in advance for any replies! :number1:

joonyer
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
On Mickey's Halloween Party nights, "Regular" Guests", that is anyone without a Halloween Party" ticket are required to leave the MK at 7:00 pm. when the party formally begins (it's over at midnight).
CM's will make announcements asking everyone without a MNSSHP ticket to begin leaving the park about 6:30 pm. Actually, I don't know if anyone would "force" you to leave if you don't have a Halloween party ticket, but you won't be able to get a armband without one, and without an armband, you won't be allowed into any attraction after 7pm.

But since you have the "Ultimate" passes, you can just plan to visit another park on Halloween party nights. Even better, I suggest you buy tickets to the Halloween party and attend at least on while you are there. You'll have a great time, I guarantee you'll be glad you went. MNSSHP is worth every penny.
Plus, the September dates are rarely sold out, MK is not that crowded on those dates during the party and you'll be able to ride most attraction with no waiting in lines. You can buy tickets online now at the WDW website.

disneymad1998
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
just remember no masks and also that it can be very hot, so make sure the costume is appropriate for the weather

ooh thanks for telling me that - I was planning on wearing an eye mask !!

biodtl
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
ooh thanks for telling me that - I was planning on wearing an eye mask !!

I think eye masks are OK, but not full masks.

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:36 PM
It is definitely for EVERYONE!!:mickey: Maybe your DH could be a pirate??? Not much to that one.

ShinynewJB
08-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. I think we're gonna give the party a shot now :). Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

KAJUNKING
08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
we went last year for the first time and we loved it and made sure we went again this year, i bought our tickets the first day they came out, its just so much fun and the park is so empty

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 03:43 AM
wear a T-shirt and ears:mickey: