PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - ??

Tinkpink
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
What kind of ride is Toy Story Mania? Just wanted to know what to expect and if it is worth the wait.

mouseketeer mom
08-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Yes! It's worth the wait! We rode it twice last week. We arrived for the rope drop, sprinted to the fast pass que, I got fastpasses, while my family got in line to ride. I joined them after I got the fast passes. We rode it twice in 1 hour! We really enjoyed it. Its a fast moving, interactive ride, and the only downfall is that it is over much too quickly!

Little Round Bale
08-25-2008, 10:36 AM
This ride is the absolute best of Disney. The que is fun the loading area is just hard to imagine. It is a must see. :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 11:03 AM
man I can't wait to ride this!

DDuck66
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
One word can describe the ride. EXCELLENT!!! We loved it when we went to the AP preview and cannot wait to go back this weekend. Like the Buzz Ride in MK except better!!! better graphics, better theming, and the "gun" does not make your hands cramp by the end of the ride.

TXTigger
08-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Just got back yesterday. This ride is AWESOME! I had read here on Intercot that it was worth the wait and that the queue is really interesting so when we arrived at 10:30 and saw that the standby was 60 mins and FPs were too late in the day for us, we decided to try the standby. After only 35 mins we were in our cars and on our way! It was me, my DH, and my 2 sons, ages 3 and 5 and we all loved it and wanted to ride it again, but by that point the line was much longer. You need to get there early, but this is definitely a must do!

sdewan
08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
It is definitely worth experiencing, but get there first thing in the morning.

I've ridden it both in DCA and DHS. Internally the ride is identical, but the queue areas are different. In DHS the queue area is entirely inside (to accomodate the rain and heat of Florida), with a Toy Story theming. In DCA the queue is mostly outside, with little theming, although the attraction is located on the Midway of Paradise Pier, so overall it "fits" better.

I don't know if this will work at DHS, but a couple of times at DCA we went on Toy Story Mania IMMEDIATELY after the afternoon parade ended, and waited only about 35 minutes, whereas earlier in the day the wait was 2 hours. The line built up again as more people came over from the parade. This even worked on July 4th!

joanna71985
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
TSM is awsome!! It is so much fun. And it definitely is a ride that can be done over and over, and for the whole family too.