PDA

View Full Version : Mute point?

Angel_!!
08-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Helloooo all!!

We're leaving on Thursday (Yipppeeee)!:cloud9: Sure hope it's not a monsoon/river down there...

It's probabaly a mute point, but we have ADR's for Coral Reef lunch (TS?) and dinner at chef mickey's. I had been going round and round, because I also wanted to go to whispering canyon this trip. Should I cancel one of those two to try and fit that in if I'm able or keep them? :confused:

DD is 4.5 when we were there two years ago, she was afraid of the CM with "too large of heads" LOL!! I think she'll be fine with that business, I was more concerned with the food issue.

Thanks for letting me gab on

angel

Bri
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
we have only been to coral reef and didn't like it. i know many people on here who love it, but we didn't have a good experience. the food was scarce, the service was bad and the check was A LOT! if we didn't have the DDP i would have been very angry had we paid out of pocket for that meal. i don't mind a big check if the food is good but i wasn't impressed with coral reef. just my opinion!

DDuck66
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Agree with the poster above about the Coral Reef. Also, if you are leaving Thursday, it may be too late to get ADR's elsewhere. Don't cancel your others until you make sure that you can get someplace else. I usually call to check availability and then get my new ADR while also cancelling my old one so that someone else can use it.

DDuck66
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Forgot about the weather. It is typical August weather right now...about 40% chance of showers every day. There is another Tropical Event heading this way, but do not see it effecting us until middle of next week.

Ian
08-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry ... I don't mean to pick, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves in the entire universe ... I apologize in advance for correcting grammar ...

The word you're looking for is "moot", not "mute."

Moot – Adjective
1. Open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
2. Of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

Mute – Adjective
1. Silent; refraining from speech or utterance.
2. Not emitting or having sound of any kind.
3. Incapable of speech; dumb.

To the point in your post ... I'd stick with what you have since it's highly unlikely that, at this late date, you'll be able to change ressies.

SurferStitch
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
You might as well just call Disney Dining and see if there is anything available at Whispering Canyon.....BEFORE you cancel anything.

If they have availability, grab it, and cancel one of the others.

We had dinner at Coral Reef, and we really liked it. It wasn't the best meal ever, but it was very good, as was our server. We've only ever had breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but the food was always delicious. I'm sure dinner there is pretty good, too.

AREWETHEREYET
08-25-2008, 05:50 PM
I agree with the post regarding Coral Reef. The food was nothing to brag about and the service was not up to par with the other places we had eaten. I would not recommend this restaraunt.

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Call and check for availability before you cancel anything.

Have a great trip :wave:

Angel_!!
08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I was able to cancel Coral Reef and get the Whispering Canyon! whoo whoooo! I've heard good things about it so I'm excited:fingers:

Gee guys, thanks for all your input and advice, I sure do appreciate it!

(I know about the correct spelling for moot/mute- I wasnt thinking and was very tired at the time, but I know my Intercot friends would love me anyway...:mickey: )

Have the best day! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Angel

DDuck66
08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I was able to cancel Coral Reef and get the Whispering Canyon! whoo whoooo! I've heard good things about it so I'm excited:fingers:

Gee guys, thanks for all your input and advice, I sure do appreciate it!

(I know about the correct spelling for moot/mute- I wasnt thinking and was very tired at the time, but I know my Intercot friends would love me anyway...:mickey: )

Have the best day! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Angel

Have a great time. Do not forget to ask for Ketchup with your meal.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm glad you were able to get the restaurant you wanted.
A friend of mine was down at WDW in July and said it was fairly easy to move her ADRs around while there. But then again it wasn't during free dining so maybe it won't be that easy during that time. But I would have suggested either calling and seeing if it was available or waiting until you got there and seeing if you could move things around.
And I had to laugh about the spelling correction. I thought I was the only person who did stuff like that.

kemps@wdw
08-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm soooo jealous! :envy: And I hope you have a Magical time!!:pixie: I agree w/your choice to cancel Coral Reef and try WCC. The atmosphere @ CR is interesting...and ...well...the atmosphere is interesting.:D The WCC is fun, loud, and the food has always been wonderful!:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Angel
Well, you're right there, we are like a family. But....that said, who doesn't have at least one family member who would've jumped all over that? ;)

:sulley:

hlkeck
08-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree with the poster about moot v mute. :mickey:

Isn't always nice to learn something new?

Marker
08-27-2008, 09:40 AM
The word you're looking for is "moot", not "mute."

I was just getting ready to jump on that one, but you beat me to it Ian.

On the other hand, maybe it really was a "mute point"..... you know, a point that no one can hear. :D

mac badger
08-27-2008, 01:27 PM
actually, it's a "moo point"- a cow's opinion:mickey:

Natazu
08-28-2008, 02:59 AM
It's ok. Ian used to have an 8 character user id but forgot how to spell it. ;)