PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't pass up the incentives.

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Just back from our fabulous trip and we had an appointment with Glen Wilson, our rep. and had an enlightening conversation.

We were curious about adding on to our SSR points. We also wanted to know how to do this, or maybe buy something new that might be announced sometime next year? Maybe? Points are going up again, we bought at $101 in 2006, then $104 this trip, but were told they were probably going up another few dollars in a couple of months. We were also told that the points for the "newest" addition, not yet announced, would be more points per night than the BW or WL or BC. Considerably higher. Not surprised.

So, we listened to Glen tell us about SSR being sold out, but we could still add on to that contract if we chose. However, the incentives to purchase at AKV was a much better deal.

Ex - we bought 100 points at AKV, we were given another 100 points (one time use within 12 months) then you received an $8 credit per point toward your down payment, then you receive a $500 Visa gift card within 4 weeks of closing.

So - The $500 OOP for the down payment is returned to you via the gift card, I saved $800 on my deposit and got an extra 100 points to boot. How could I go wrong?

We toured the AKV studio and one bedroom and fell in love with the one bedroom. It was absolutely beautiful. This is what we want to book for next May. I asked about the value in the one bedroom and Glen says that the value is just a couple feet narrower than the standard or savannah views. No big deal, the rooms are rather large.

Horizon93
08-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Congrats on the add on and welcome to AKV!

DW and I stayed in a 1 br value in July. It was great. The values are not narrower, though. They are about 3' less deep than the standard and savanna Jambo House rooms. But still a great size.

tink'72
08-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats on your addition...

We felt the same way - being new to DVC we met with Chris to look at the options for DVC and the incentives were way to good to pass up PLUS the rooms at AKL were amazing...We ended up buying 280 points (they gave us the additional 280 points to be used within a year at SSR ) and we got the credit for the down payment and $8 off the points..

Seemed like a no brainer to us! We are already booked for June at AKL- Kadani Village. Hopefully I'll be able to piggy back SSR onto that..We shall see. I can't make the reservation until December.

Roo Girl
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
We just added 100 points to our DVC membership on Friday thru our wonderful, awesome, fantabulous guide Ricardo. We're thrilled. We keep realized quickly that the original 160 points that we bought were just never going to be enough if we keep 1BR-ing it (ah, the sunken tub & Basin bath fizzies...) so we've added now for the 3rd time for a grand total of 490!! I'm so jazzed about the incentives. I was hoping we'd get our gift card in time for our next trip on Sept 20th but it isn't likely- no worries. The gift card is good anywhere (I originally thought it was disney only) so it's $500 in pocket! We're thrilled and I have my eye on our first Disney cruise for November 2009, god willing. :mickey:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
So, just suppose that I was interested in adding the 100 points to my existing AKV contract. I would get the above mentioned incentives, including the 100 extra one-time points to use in the next year. I already have a reservation at Kidani Village for July 2009. I had to borrow a few points from 2009 use year to do that. I know I can't "unborrow" those points (it was something like 34 points) but could I use the 100 incentive points to replace 100 points from my 2008 use year in that reservation and then bank 100 points from this use year into next year? Does that even make sense? :confused:

hlkeck
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM
So, just suppose that I was interested in adding the 100 points to my existing AKV contract. I would get the above mentioned incentives, including the 100 extra one-time points to use in the next year. I already have a reservation at Kidani Village for July 2009. I had to borrow a few points from 2009 use year to do that. I know I can't "unborrow" those points (it was something like 34 points) but could I use the 100 incentive points to replace 100 points from my 2008 use year in that reservation and then bank 100 points from this use year into next year? Does that even make sense? :confused:

So, I tried to do that once - and it was a load of complication. Basically, they will cancel your reservation and then redo it if you want to swap points like that -- you would end up at the bottom of the waitlist if one exists. I'd call and see what that is like, but that is what happened to me. It didn't end up affecting me, as we are going during the slowest time period and I still got what I wanted, but just an FYI.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Basically, they will cancel your reservation and then redo it if you want to swap points like that
Thanks for the information. Hmmm...I guess I'll have to think it over to see if we really want to do this. Those incentives are pretty darn attractive, though. In addition to those mentioned above, I believe there are also no dues until April when they actually plan to open Kidani...another perk!

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I believe there are also no dues until April when they actually plan to open Kidani...another perk!

That is not the case, as AKV are already open in Jambo House. The dues were prorated. So our use year in March gives us the 2008 points, but only the dues from August until March 2009, not March to March.

tinkerbell04
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats on the add-on Kristen! We have been looking at the incentives as well and been talking about another purchase......

kakn7294
08-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Girl, you guys are nuts! How many points do you have? No, don't answer that...

tink'72
08-30-2008, 08:31 AM
That is not the case, as AKV are already open in Jambo House. The dues were prorated. So our use year in March gives us the 2008 points, but only the dues from August until March 2009, not March to March.

Because we were buying for Kadani Village there are no dues until 5/1/2009 that was one of the incentives.

dolphinmickey9170
08-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Because we were buying for Kadani Village there are no dues until 5/1/2009 that was one of the incentives.

That's a cool incentive. I guess we must have missed out on that one. I'll have to ask Glen about it. Thanks!