PDA

View Full Version : Entering Epcot After EMH Begins

rpcwjr
08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
OK, I had NO idea what to name this post. But here is my question:

Can you get a wrist band for Epcot EMH, leave to have dinner, and then come back into the park after EMH has started? I am staying at the Contemporary and have dinner reservations at Shula's at 8pm. My plan is to take the monorail to Epcot, partake in some of the food and wine festival offerings:marg::beer: as I leisurely make my way to the international gateway, get the wristband and then haul over to the Dolphin. I expect to take some time eating the big honking steak I'm gonna get. If I show up at the gate at 9:30pm or later, will they let me in with the wristband and park ticket? It's a park hopper, by the way.

Thanks!

disneygeek84
08-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I would take my room key with me, just in case. But they should let you in if you have your wrist band.

JPL
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
You should be fine as long as you have a room key with you they will let into EMH until about 30 minutes before it ends. You could also just get the wristband as you enter at 9:30 with no problem.

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
good question, we are going to drop the kids off with my parents at the hotel and come back...

Crow
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
good question.
I might have something like this.
eating at AP on a night that DHS has EMH. but I might not get to HS before it starts.

Aggie97
08-25-2008, 11:17 PM
You should be fine as long as you have a room key with you they will let into EMH until about 30 minutes before it ends. You could also just get the wristband as you enter at 9:30 with no problem.

We definitely have done this with no problem... entered a park 60-90+ minutes after EMHs begin (without obtaining wristbands earlier). They just give you wristbands at the park entrance.

Although, based on tonight's posting in the News forum, it sounds like we won't need wristbands anymore! :mickey:

disneymom2000
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I have done this at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom. You just need your room card if you didn't get your band before hand and if you have your band already, you just get to go on in. Have a great time.

rpcwjr
08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks all! I thought it was pretty funny that right after I asked the info was posted about not needing the wrist bands. What a coincidence!:mickey: