PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Disney

Prince Eric
08-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Hello Everyone!

This is my first time posting on Intercot, and I absolutley love the site. My next trip to WDW is 19th Dec to 3rd Jan. My family and I are especially excited because this is the first time we are visiting Disney during the holiday season.

My question however is regarding Tokyo Disney. My best friend and I are doing a round the world trip starting next May, and our first destination is Tokyo Japan. I was wondering if anyone had visited the Japanese parks, what they thought of the experience, and how the parks were comparable to WDW. If I recieve some positive reviews i'm sure I can persuade my friend that an excursion to Tokyo Disney is a necessity during our visit.

I have had a quick look on the Tokyo Disney website, and the park appears a little bit similar to Mk in WDW. A One day ticket for the park is also reasonably priced at 5,800 yen approximately £28 or $55.

Thanks for any information or feedback.

BronxTigger
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I have seen some photos, but have never been.

Tokyo DisneySea is supposedly amazing and the theming is incredible.

The monorail has Mickey-head windows and hand-grabbers.

They have flavored popcorn in cool buckets.

I hope I can go someday!

Lizzie
08-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I went for a night in high school when I was on an exchange program. I don't remember much I was still under jet leg and confused because no one I was with spoke English. I wish we had been there longer and I had remember more.

Melanie
08-24-2008, 09:59 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

I've been lucky enough to visit Tokyo Disney Resort twice in the past two years, and I'm going again in February. It's incredible and I think you'll find the Imagineering exeeds WDW in many ways. DisneySea is breathtaking on a whole, and Disneyland is fun, with Pooh's Hunny Hunt being one of the coolest Disney rides I've experienced. It's a must! There are many unique things about these two parks, but also with the distinct Disney touch.

Communication is fairly easy, as there is always a CM not too far away that speaks English. Everyone is very kind. Oh, and you are lucky to be going during the 25th celebration! :party2:

If you want to read my trip reports, I'd be happy to guide you to them, or if you have any questions, I'd be more than willing to answer them. grego77 recently went as well, and I'm sure he'd be happy to help also.

Mammabruski
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
I sent you a Private Message regarding a great website with a blog about Tokyo Disney. I hope you get to go, it looks amazing!:mickey:

Crow
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
lucky those who have been there!
Id love to go. mayb sometime;thats sorta why I might skip WDW next yr

coolz
08-28-2008, 02:06 AM
how i wish i could go there too.. maybe you can search for some reviews on the internet about Japan and the various themed parks there.. that will help you a lot.. Enjoy your trip.. :mickey: