PDA

View Full Version : Beach, Yacht or Boardwalk?

dizfanforever
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
We are going to be @ WDW for two and a half short days (Martin Luther King weekend). Every year, we try to visit my DH's family in Sebring and can't be that close to Disney w/o at least stopping in for a day or two!
Last year we made an even shorter trip and stayed at the Contemporary, spending only one day at a park - MK. Boy was that hard when you are used to spending a week and hitting each park at least once! This year, we plan on visiting both Epcot and DHS.
It will be me, DH and our three DSs (ages 10, 8 and 4). Which one of these resorts would you choose? I've been leaning toward the Beach Club, b/c of Stormalong Bay...but I'm wondering if we'll even be able to enjoy it in January? Last year when we were there at the same time, it was freezing! We didn't even consider the pool.
We haven't stayed at any of these resorts before, so any input/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

billandlaura
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
We've never stayed at the Boardwalk, but we have stayed at the YC and BC. I would stay at the BC over YC and BW simply because of proximity to EC. All are close, but the BC is the closest.

Jeff
08-24-2008, 08:05 AM
We have stayed at the BC and the BWI. The pool is a major draw at the BC but if you are not able to use it my vote would be the BWI. We just like the "feel" of the place better. I can't really describe why.

All are very nice. You really can't go wrong with your choice here.

Simba's Mom
08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd recommend BC. Although I've never stayed at the YC, I remember a conversation with a mother of 3 young boys on the bus one evening. She wasn't too happy at the YC because she didn't feel it was good for young children. And BC has more convenience to CS than the Boardwalk-and a fun character breakfast right there.

Checkers
08-24-2008, 02:01 PM
:mickey:We have stayed at all three and love them all, but if I were traveling with children, I would opt for the BC. If it is warm enough to swim you have the option of the great pool, close CS plus TS restaurants not to mention the proximity to Epcot. If having a full balcony is important to you I would make sure that was requested on my reservation. Have fun!

dizfanforever
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Yep, the more I think about it and the more research I do and responses I get, I think we are leaning towards the Beach Club.
If we wanted to head over to the Boardwalk, just to check it out...could we walk there from the BC? If so, how long of a walk would it be?

Thanks! :mickey:

goofy-4-disney
08-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I have stayed at both the YC and BC, and I prefer the YC, but the BC is very very nice as well. BC is a great choice since you are traveling with children. The walk to the Boardwalk is less than 5 minutes depending on how quickly you walk.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
:thumbsup:Those are 3 great choices. You can walk to Epcot or DHS from any of the 3. The pool area at the BC and YC really do swing things in their favour though, especially with children. But as you mentioned weather in Jan can be iffy. You can walk from BC to BW in about 5 minutes (10 tops) and it is fun to visit there on the way home after Illuminations, try the Boardwalk Bakery - cheesecake brownie anyone.