PDA

View Full Version : Least Crowded Time / Current Crowds

AvonleaCF
08-23-2008, 01:29 PM
So how have crowds been lately compared to this time last year? Have the parks slowed down due to the current economy?

Also what is the very least crowded week to go? If you could go to Disney any week of the year (not worrying about job and school schedules), when would you go? When do you get the shortest waits?

We're going August 30 - September 6 (one more week!). Is that still a relatively uncrowded time to go?

:mickey:

ilvdisney
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
We were in Disney August 4th-14th, and I found that the crowds were lower than when we've been in the past. The first Tuesday and Wednesday there was nobody at the parks we went to (HS and MK). The crowds picked up towards the end of the week but not anywhere near as bad as I've seen before. Typhoon Lagoon was virtually empty (we went Sun 8/10). You may encounter more crowds though as the free food is in effect. All the kids in the South are back to school though so that should lessen the crowds. Have Fun!

DisneyMcNuts
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Would those of you at Disney World or just returning please keep us at home planning trips for next week posted on the crowds you have encountered?

I know I would GREATLY appreciate your input!

Amy

Sharon1026
08-23-2008, 04:21 PM
october and november are great times to go. The weather is very nice, the humidity is gone and the kids are back in school. Lines tend to much shorter. Or go in December. About 2 weeks before Christmas - all the decorations are up, but the crowds aren't there in between thxgiving and xmas.

I have a 'gut" feeling that the crowds are lower in general with the economy being what it is.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Would those of you at Disney World or just returning please keep us at home planning trips for next week posted on the crowds you have encountered?

We just got back last week (Aug 5th through the 16th). The crowds average to heavy, about we what we expected for late summer. The crowd was noticeably over weighted (no pun intended!)with lots of foreign visitors. The U.S. economic condition and the rate of exchange on the dollar are definitely affecting the mix!

The best game plan is still to try to get to the parks early, take advantage of morning extra magic hours when you can, and avoid the parks with evening extra magic hours after 3pm.

Enjoy!:mickey:

disneygeek84
08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
If I could pick any week of the year, it would be the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. We went that week in, I think, '97 and there was nobody there. Everyone waits until the next week when it's Thanksgiving and their kids are out of school, so that would be the week that I would choose.

MicMouse
08-25-2008, 09:55 AM
We were there June 22-30 and never waited more than 20 minutes in line for anything. We only used Fastpass once, but didn't really need it. The longest wait (20 min) was for Soarin' - but that was well worth the wait!!!

We also went the week before Christmas in 2000 and the crowds were very light.

EmmMOM2
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
So how have crowds been lately compared to this time last year? Have the parks slowed down due to the current economy?

Also what is the very least crowded week to go? If you could go to Disney any week of the year (not worrying about job and school schedules), when would you go? When do you get the shortest waits?

We're going August 30 - September 6 (one more week!). Is that still a relatively uncrowded time to go?

:mickey:

HEY!! I'm in CT too!!! And we're staying the same time as you just a few days longer.

I went this same time of year in 2005 and the crowds were pretty manageable.
We waited in lines for peter pan and pooh, but WALKED on Great movie ride, Pirates and many others....just relax and have a great time!!!

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 11:05 AM
We usually go in Sept or Jan/Feb and there is normally no waits for alot of rides. We walked on EE 5 times in a row!!!

EditReject
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I was just there from 8/3 to 8/10 and the crowds were heavy, but not insane. It was definitely manageable.

My new favorite time to go is the week after Thanksgiving. I went 11/26 to 12/1 last year and will be going again 12/2-12/7 this year. The crowds were light, the weather was great and everything was decorated for the holidays. We talked to a few CMs and they also reiterated the week after Thanksgiving is a great time to be in WDW.