PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

brewcrew26
08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on the nightly clambake at Cape May Cafe? We've decided to stay an extra night and were interested in this one. Will we be disappointed since we lived in New England?

tomorrowschild
08-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I have heard mixed reviews about Cape May, but my family loves it. We go at least once every trip. We are not from a big seafood area- so we don't really have anything to compare it to- but we love it!
I never find any of the seafood to be overcooked- which on a buffet can happen very easily.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
08-23-2008, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup:Not sure how Cape May would stack up to a real New England Clam Bake, but our family loves it! It is a must for at least one meal while we are there. They also have a nice selection for those that might not like seafood.
(and great desserts).

TinkerbellT421
08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I also am from new england, I dont think you'll be disappointed because the food is good. But it ISNT new england style. Im sure you know what I mean. Its good, but not newengland good. Hope that helps for a comparrison lol. The only place that I have had seafood that is as good as new england, is the chowda (lol) at Harbor House place (the exact name escapes me) in MK.

PetefromRI
08-24-2008, 11:29 AM
TinkerbellT421,
I gotta agree with you 100%.We love it but it's not a "real"NE Clambake.We're also big Chowda fans.(lol)I think the best seafood that we've had in Disney is Fulton's.

AdventurerKim
08-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I love Cape May! We go every Thanksgiving. I've never been to a NE clambake, but I do like the clams. The shrimp doesn't come close to the LA seafood I eat at home, but everything else is really good. The Oreo dessert is more delicious than words can express. I can't wait! :thumbsup:

RockinRollerMom
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I am from New England and give Cape May's clambake :thumbsup::thumbsup: I find the clams to be great, not New England clams but they are still very tasty. I love the chowda. It is a do not miss for our family. Even DH who is not a seafood lover enjoys it here. The salad bar and desert bar is huge and they have a whole side of the buffet for "american fare". DH loves the prime rib with the horseradish sause.

mouseketeer mom
08-25-2008, 08:41 AM
It's nothing like a New England clambake. Its good., just good. I'm sure you would enjoy it, we did, but it didn't knock our socks off. We enjoyed it for sure, but wouldn't hurry back.'

tink'72
08-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on the nightly clambake at Cape May Cafe? We've decided to stay an extra night and were interested in this one. Will we be disappointed since we lived in New England?

We live in New England as well- my husband was a bit iffy about this one. ( I am not a seafood person ) I have to say this is a must do each time we visit. He loves it for the clambake side of it and since I am not a seafood person I love all of the other selections offered as well.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Minniefan68
08-25-2008, 08:48 AM
I agree with all the other posters, it's not a real NE clambake, but it is good. There are great salads, traditional dishes, AWESOME desserts and the usual fare for kids.

You will enjoy.

Make sure you go hungry.

Cheryl

Hull-onian
08-25-2008, 11:30 AM

We loved Cape May Cafe. I thought it was the best buffet in Disney. It is well worth the $$$ and the trip to get over there from whereever you are. The food was excellent. The service was superb. Can't wait to go back nex May.:thumbsup: :tasty:

SandyToes
08-25-2008, 10:31 PM
We have always avoided Cape May because as Cape Codders, it just didn't seem right to eat a "New England" seafood buffet out of context. While there in July, we decided to give it a try on a whim. We had a wonderful dinner, good service, and plenty of options. The seafood, however, was in no way to our liking. Just the same, we plan to return in December because it was such a good overall experience.

DisneyGrrrl
08-27-2008, 08:11 AM
We have been to the clambake about 6 times and have always really liked it. But then we went in May and it was not that good - the quality was really off. I find with this place that it's kind of hit or miss for some reason.

I will say that I can't stand the buffet setup.

It's a big square that you make your way around and people never know where the line starts/stops and because there isn't a place for a line, people are standing right where you are eating. Not fond of that.

Vinny
08-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Another New Englander here. We first tried the Cape May Clambake a few trips back and enjoyed it. While it may not be the all around New England clambake experience, the food, atmosphere and service exceeded our expectations after reading some mixed reviews as others have said. It is an ADR we will definetly be booking in the future.

RockinRollerMom
08-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I will say that I can't stand the buffet setup.

It's a big square that you make your way around and people never know where the line starts/stops and because there isn't a place for a line, people are standing right where you are eating. Not fond of that.

I second that!

Imagineer1981
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
it's a must do. The mashed potatoes, fresh carved roast beef, chicken tenders, pastas, veggies, DESERTS....all great, oh ya they have a clambake too (i am not a seafood person at all)

pamickeys
08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
My DH and I went one time--landed up leaving. We weren't impressed with the set up/atmosphere. The day we went must have been a very busy night-seemed like they jammed as many people in the rest. as they could, very noisy and crowded, appeared chaotic at times. Couldn't relax and enjoy ourselves so after our cocktail we left and went to Yachtsman Steakhouse instead.

TinkerbellT421
09-06-2008, 09:10 AM
By the way, there is no clams....