PDA

View Full Version : rude customers!

Minnie Imagineer
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I work at an arcade where I count people's tickets and tokens won and exchange them for prizes...and this is a good arcade where the prizes aren't just rubber braclets and erasers, we have tvs, ipods, lenox, etc.
It is very frustrating when we are backed up over 100 people and there are only 10 of us working and people are complaining that the line isn't moving and faster. That isn't the workers fault, its the customers because they can't decide what they want!
Yesturday, this lady and her kid were next in line and I counted their tickets and asked them if they knew what they wanted. If the customers dosne't know what they want, I have to give them a reciept so they can look around, but they have to get another # when they decide what they want. So they didn't know what they wanted and the women told her kid that she could be deciding for 'as long as she wanted to because they had waited in this long line'. Don't people realize that if everyone thinks this way the line will be endless??

Sorry to vent but some people are just rude and I feel like screaming at them, but I control myself.

WDWCP Spring99
08-23-2008, 12:19 PM
You don't have to be sorry for venting. Unfortunately these days there are more and more people that have a sense of entitlement and a "me first" attitude. You can see it everywhere. From drivers cutting you off on the road to customers in a store who make the cashier (and people behind them) wait while they finish their cell phone call. A lot of people just don't seem to think about anyone but themselves anymore.
It's sad, and you see it more and more each day.

pink
08-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Some people are just so rude, good for you for keeping your cool. I know how diffulcult that can be. It just shows how much classier you're than that customer. :mickey:

thrillme
08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I know there was one time the line was terribly long and we had been waiting quite a while (only 2 people working). I bribed my son to "donate" his tickets for 2 new bionicals. At that time he LOVED bionicals (a kind of lego) and he turned to the kid behind him and said..."here ya go"...and we were out the door. I was rather "relieved" because I'm not real crazy about that stuff anyway.

I do feel sorry for some of those counter clerks...boy...some people can be real difficult with stuff you can go buy 5 for a dollar.

merlinmagic4
08-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Yup, that was rude but I have to say I do know a few people who would have that attitude!! Many people today feel entitled and ESPECIALLY when it comes to their children.

PirateLover
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I really wish that everyone could work in some kind of retail/service industry to know what it feels like to have to deal with rude customers. Working at IKEA, I've seen it all. Everybody thinks the world revolves around them. The best you can do is take a breath and remember, it's never anything against you personally.

Disney Doll
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I really wish that everyone could work in some kind of retail/service industry to know what it feels like to have to deal with rude customers. Working at IKEA, I've seen it all. Everybody thinks the world revolves around them. The best you can do is take a breath and remember, it's never anything against you personally.

Agreed! Everyone ought to be forced to take their turn working a service job so they know what it is like to be on the other side.

Here we go again...
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Unfortunatly people feel entitled no matter where they are.
I work in a pharmacy and when customers go to the doctor they are always told "I will call/fax your prescription in". The customer shows up about 10 minutes later and wants their meds.

80% of the time we have not received the call/fax because it has not been made yet. Most doctors wait until they are at lunch or end of day to call.

Then the customer spends 15 minutes telling us how imcompetent we are and refusing to leave the drive thru window until it is finished. even if we do have it, it takes 5 minutes or so to pull the meds, a couple of minutes to pull and count the meds and the the pharmacist has to verify everything. And they are doing this while juggling calls and customers. Sure, we could rush it along, but would you really want us to?

No matter what your occupation, ticket counter worker, pharmacy tech, doctor, whatever, people expect you to work on their schedule.
Everyone needs to stop and smell the roses. Life is too short to spend it complaining.

Thank God for those few people that come in and remind you why you are doing this in the first place.

Caroleh
08-28-2008, 10:46 PM

That is so real. I manage a fabric store. We are doing heavy lifting all the time, so in the summer we have our air conditioning running a lot. This summer with all the rain, everytime we run the air conditioner we get water sepping from the floor. We've got the air conditioner set to low, so the water won't seap up. Today it was actually cooler outside then inside, so we opened the doors(on front and one back) to get a breeze going to cool everything off. A lady came into the store with a baby in shorts and a short sleeve shirt(grown adults were wearing jackets), she shut our door saying it was too cold for her baby in the store. We tried to explain why we had the doors open, but before we could even get a word out she was yelling at us that we are so inconsiderate for hre baby and how we don't care for babies and how she was going to report us to our head office and get us fired. Excuse me, if it's too cold in the store, it's colder outside, don't you think you should bundle up your child. We ended up turning the air conditioner back on to keep it from being stuffy. When the woman left she propped open the door and made a snide remark that she hopes we enjoy our fresh air.

bleukarma
08-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I know what you mean. I work part time at JC Penney's and every day I find myself saying "I just don't understand people." You can't satisfy everybody. The thing that gets me is when someone asks where the bathroom is and they get mad at me because it's in the back of the store. I didn't design the store!
You just have to remember that they aren't mad at you personally, so try not to take it personally.