PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about Candlelight Processional

LisaP
08-23-2008, 01:33 AM
This show sounds amazing, but I am not sure if it is a good idea to plan on it with my very itchy, high energy, 2 year old son. I was going to book the dinner package so our wait time for seating would be reduced.

How long is the show? I'm worried it will not keep my son's attention long enough for DH and I to enjoy it. I would hate to miss it, but I'm just not sure if this is a good idea.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Strmchsr
08-23-2008, 08:06 AM
If you have a toddler who can't sit still, it's definitely not a good idea for you. The CP is a traditional choir program with scripture reading. While it's beautiful and moving there's no "action" to capture a 2 yr old's attention.

I would say you have two options. First, you could watch what you could of the show from up in front of the American pavilion. You can't see very well, but you can hear fine and your child could run around without disturbing others.

Choice two would be what my family did. We split up. I took our son to MK for the evening while DW went to the CP and the next night we switched. She actually really enjoyed an evening to herself, as did I.

kakn7294
08-23-2008, 08:33 AM
From what I recall, it's about 45 min long - or an eternity when you have to keep an active little one busy and quiet! Chris's suggestion of splitting up is good. You could also consider a parents' night out and hire an in-room sitter for your little one.

TheRustyScupper
08-23-2008, 10:45 AM
1) I would skip CP for the high-energy young'in.
2) This is not entertaining like watching Christmas carols or TV.
3) It is reverent, thought evoking, spiritual.
4) It is the story of Christmas.
5) Most active kids do not do well at it.

bmj721
08-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I vote for the in-room sitter. I look back to when our boys were little and very active. That would have been my choice if we had the option then. They are now grown.
:thumbsup: