PDA

View Full Version : Best place to make ADR for picky teenagers

shev
08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I just booked my trip for April and DD-17 and DS-19 have agreed to come with me for probably our last real family vacation together. Once they get older it's not so cool to go to Disney with your parents I guess. Just wondering where I should make some special ADRs.

Natazu
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I loved going to Disney with my mom at 17 and 19. But then, I'm 40 and sitting at a fast food joint posting on a website about a mouse instead of working so I guess that doesn't say much for my decision making skills.

There are a couple of restaurants that come to mind for "special" meals and a couple of restaurants that come to mind for "picky eaters". None of them overlap so here are both lists...

Jym's Top-7 Best Special Restaurants at WDW:
7. Jiko
6. Il Mulino
5. Narcoossee’s
4. Citricos
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for Picky Eaters:
7. Garden Grill
6. Olivia’s
5. Boma
4. Grand Floridan Café
3. ‘Ohana
2. Le Cellier
1. Kona Café

The second list has really good restaurants, most of them just short of the title Signature Dining on their own.

Pirate Granny
08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I love your best special restaurants...but not sure if I would spend the $$$ for most of them on 17 and 19 yr old men...I think your best restaurants for pickey eaters are way more appropriate...
:pirate:

TheDuckRocks
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
You say they are picky, if you give us an idea of what they do like to eat maybe we could come up with some more suggestions for you.

Hull-onian
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I just booked my trip for April and DD-17 and DS-19 have agreed to come with me for probably our last real family vacation together. Once they get older it's not so cool to go to Disney with your parents I guess. Just wondering where I should make some special ADRs.

:welcome: to Intercot.

We love Rainforest Cafe in DTD. Chef Mickey's is always a plus. They have plenty to choose from. Depending where you are staying, Boatwrights at POR is very good. We used to go to Tusker House in Africa when it was a TS, but now we go to Flametree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. For breakfast, depending on your time frame, we loved Kona Cafe at the Poly.
Over at Hollywood Studios we love the Prime Time 50's Cafe it is soooo good there and reasonable. You have about 100 restaurants to choose from. You should tell us where you are staying what parks you are going to. It will help alot.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I know people aren't big fans of Planet Hollywood but they have your basic burgers and fries and have some intresting stuff to look at on the walls especially if they aren't that into Disney.

Faver
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I would definitely do Ohana's, Ghiradelli (DTD, no ressies needed), Cape May Cafe (buffet)

Goes4FastPass
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Shev et al,

I need more help with the definition of picky teenager. Picky as in only eats a few different things? Picky as in only likes better as in more expensive places?

First thing, I'd reccomend avoiding character meals - they're going to be crowded with lots of little kids.

Here's an idea: Your older teenage Disney goers are probably very internet-savvy. This website includes detailed menus (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) from the restaurants at WDW. You may invite them to browse the menus and make suggestions. This...

takes you out of the guessing role and
gives them a chance to see there are many different kinds of food at WDW and
it isn't all 'kid stuff and
if they pick a restaurant and you go there as a family, you're more likely to hear, "Didn't I pick a great place?" than, "Why did you drag us here?"

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Almost everywhere has some sort of steak. I don't recommend steak at SCi FI :ack:.

Le Cellier and Coral Reef are the two faves for our 14 year old DS.

Minnie Imagineer
08-25-2008, 10:17 PM
well, I am a 17 yr old picky eater so I guess I can relate to this. All I eat when I go out is some kind of grilled or roasted chicken, usually on a salad
For AK, I love Rainforest Cafe for dinner and Tusker House for lunch.
At DHS, you could try 50s prime time (not sure what type of people your kids are, if they like a silly show or not), I like Brown Derby for dinner with the Fantasmic package, don't go to Hollywood and Vine
At Epcot, you could go to the Garden Grill for lunch, for dinner I love Teppan Edo in Japan (its Habachi!)
For MK, I like Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner (well I love it for breakfast, but I dont know if your 19 yr old son would like to have breakfast with the disney princesses...), and I go to Columbia Harbor House for lunch
At the resorts I like Chef Mickeys (cont), Shutters (CBR), 1900 Park Fare (GF), Kona Cafe for breakfast (Poly), Ohana for dinner with fireworks (poly), and Artists Point (WL) is good for a 'special dinner'
For DtD I like RFC again, Cap'n Jacks, Ghiradelli

Simba'sBud
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Here are my suggestions for picky eaters because of the vast selection of all you can eat meats and sides:

1. Whispering Canyon (restaurant and theme are loads of fun)

2. O'hana (different kinds of meat on 3' skewers is hard to refuse)

3. Garden Grill (one of my favorites)

Hope this helps!!

Scott C
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Believe it or not -- ds 16 and 18 like Biergarten. It is a buffet and they always find plenty to eat. As far as a TS goes it is on the lower end as far as price also. We go every trip.

Thanks
Scott