PDA

View Full Version : Longest walk from Point A to Point B

q105birdman
08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
In your honest opinion, what is the longest walk from Point A to Point B? For example, my pick would be the walk from the train station to Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom. There are plenty of them out there (the entrance and exit ramps to the Epcot monorail may be a close second) but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. Thanks in advance!!!

tink2006
08-22-2008, 07:52 PM
The path from the bus stop to your hotel room after a long wonderful day at the parks :walk::mickey:

Pirate Granny
08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
The American Adventure in EPCOT to the Bus Lines outside of EPCOT...ugh...
:pirate:

Disneyfun
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
As far a just distance, it would be the pathway from the Toontown train station to Tomorowland.
Personally, it was the walk around Hourglass Lake at PoP! as I frantically made calls to my airline trying to find my DW's luggage that was 9 1/2 hours late and had her pain meds that were 3 hour over due! (I ended up finding her luggage, informing DME, and our luggage arrived 13 hours after we arrived at the resort)

mook3y
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
the longest walk we have made - well trip I guess - over all was for my DS when he was 5.

We were at Fantasyland in MK.
Walked to Monorail.
Transferred at TTC to go to Epcot
Walked through Epcot
Boat from Epcot to Boardwalk to meet friend then to DHS (then MGM)
Walked from dock to Sci Fi Diner.

In September 90+ heat... that is one long walk in just over 1 hour!

Mickey378
08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
The first time I went to WDW with my DW I was dieting and figured I would splurge on vacation. Thanks to all the walking I was amazed I was losing wait with a diet of Mickey Ice Creams and Turkey legs(mmmmmmm now I craving):blush:

Mr. Incredible
08-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Longest walk = from any point in Epcot to resort bus stop at closing time. :)

NJDad
08-23-2008, 06:39 AM
I think the longest walk we did without a break was from somewhere in the Studios (wherever we finished up our touring there) to Epcot via the International Gateway, thru the Boardwalk area resorts.

TheMartellFamily
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree with at EPCOT from the American Adventure in the WS to the bus stop for POP Century at closing time. Man that is a long haul for anyone let alone it seems to be worse when it is closing time.

Mousemates
08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
from Mama Melroses in DS to Mission Space in Epcot...my son wanted to walk and I rather glibbly said, "Sure, how far can it be"

Minnie Imagineer
08-23-2008, 12:20 PM
walking from NJ to wdw, just kidding

From WS to monorail in sauna heat!
:fan:

A Big Kid
08-23-2008, 12:34 PM
2007. Running the WDW marathon. About mile 22, I cratered and had to walk the rest of the way in.

AvonleaCF
08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
The Animal Kingdom bus stop to Expedition Everest, especially in the summer heat.

ilvdisney
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I hate that ramp going from Epcot to the monorail!! We are the type that stay in Epcot from opening until closing and that ramp is a killer at the end of the night! We were at the Polynesian this trip and I decided to drive to Epcot this time and we were lucky to get a space in front so the walk wasn't too bad - at least it wasn't completely up hill!

I find the walk to/from any of the parking lots to/from the parks or from where the trams leave you off are brutal unless you're lucky enough to get a good space at near the front of the lines. We used the AAA Diamond parking and while the lots are closer you always have to walk a mile to get to the entrance. I found in HS they fenced up the parking lot and now you have to walk all the way around to get to the front entrance where before you could just cut straight across.

Goofy Forever
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I certainly agree with all of those mentioned. I would like to add the walk to get to the Fantasmic performance.

Ropachs
08-23-2008, 02:30 PM
The walk from anywhere to the nearest bathroom with a just-potty-trained toddler :mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know if this counts because it isn't "technically" walking but going from Orlando airport to the hotel then to any Disney park when you haven't been in 2 years!!!!

disneyworld55925592
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
from the epcot back entrence to HS once you get out and walk around it seems like forever! Even though its really not all that far i suppose

amd780
08-23-2008, 05:08 PM
The American Adventure in EPCOT to the Bus Lines outside of EPCOT...ugh... I agree! I can't even tell you how many times I've had to walk from World Showcase to the bus stop at the end of a long day. It can feel excruciating!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-23-2008, 07:43 PM
The path from the bus stop to your hotel room after a long wonderful day at the parks :walk::mickey:

:thumbsup:

Simba'sBud
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I think the longest walk we did without a break was from somewhere in the Studios (wherever we finished up our touring there) to Epcot via the International Gateway, thru the Boardwalk area resorts.

from Mama Melroses in DS to Mission Space in Epcot...my son wanted to walk and I rather glibbly said, "Sure, how far can it be"

I've always wanted to walk from DHS through the International Gateway, but my DW would absolutely DIE if I tried to put her through something like that.

No, I'm not crazy, I just enjoy excercising and long walks through beautiful scenery is at the top of my list.

Maybe, someday...;)

ryca1dreams
08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't know if this counts because it isn't "technically" walking but going from Orlando airport to the hotel then to any Disney park when you haven't been in 2 years!!!!

Mine's close - I was going to say seat 16A to the DME bus.

Seriously though. As others have said, it has to be from the World Showcase to the bus stop after Illuminations. It's like one of those horror movies where Spaceship Earth keeps getting further away the more you walk toward it.

disneygeek84
08-24-2008, 10:38 PM
The American Adventure in EPCOT to the Bus Lines outside of EPCOT...ugh...
:pirate:

I agree 100%.

This is exactly why when we were younger, my dad would go back around dinner to the resort and drive our van over to the Beach Club and leave it there. That way they didn't have to drag 4 tired little girls all the way through Epcot after Illuminations along with everyone else. We would just head to the International Gateway and walk to the Beach Club.

badkitty
08-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Totally agree! :thumbsup: Especially if you have been waiting a long time for the bus, have to stand because of the crowds, and your hotel room is on the opposite side of the resort from the bus stop! :faint:

ParkMan
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
It's funny - last summer we stayed at the Boardwalk. I never expected it, but we did more walking on that trip than probably any before.

My longest walks:
- BW through Epcot to the Monorail stop.
- BW to DHS, especially the morning of a Star Wars day.

The one that seemed the longest:
- MK thinking we could walk to the Grand Floridian. We got almost all the way there and realized the walkway wasn't connected. We turned around, walked all the way back, and picked up the monorail.

ariel326
08-25-2008, 11:17 AM
From your room to the bus, bus to park gate to the First great ride of the day.. do the keep moving the enterance to Kilimanjaro Safaris farther away?

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Its the Epcot parking lot to the front entrance...when you just miss that tram and you think, its not that far....oh but it is

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
American Adventure in World Showcase to the Pop Century bus stop in 25° weather. We did this Dec 06.:freeze:

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree with at EPCOT from the American Adventure in the WS to the bus stop for POP Century at closing time. Man that is a long haul for anyone let alone it seems to be worse when it is closing time.

Our last trip, we had this very same walk, It was so bad when we got out to the line and saw how long it was we took a cab. The best $10 we ever spent at Disney World. After that we did it a couple more times, but only at the end of very long days.