PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyworld Alone

missmagickingdom31
08-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Feb 1998 Offsite
Mar 1999 Offsite
Jun 1999 Disneyland
Jun 2005 Offsite

I normally go to Disneyworld with my parents, but my father passed away, and now it's just me and my mother. I want to go to Disneyworld. My mom says that she will take me, but she is a little skeptical about us going alone. Is Disneyworld safe enough for me and my mother to visit the theme parks alone?

goofygirl67
08-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Sure, I go to WDW all the time myself.

deedeebee
08-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I took my dd's 8,10. My husband and son HAD to go to a spring football game! We flew from MI and took ME, had a great time:thumbsup: I was slightly nervous in the airports, but things were fine. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
I think WDW is probably one of the only places I would feel comfortable going alone with my kids. It feels so very safe, and I know it like the back of my hand. I hope the two of you go and have a magical trip!

LauraleeH
08-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Welcome to Intercot! I'm sorry about losing your father. As long as you are smart and use your head, it's definitely safe for you and your mom to be at Disney alone. Have a great time!

minnie1956
08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
but a few years ago, My Mom, DD and niece all went to DW Alone. We even stayed offsite.
We had a blast. Very safe. As in all things anymore common sense precautions are the rule of the day. But enjoy and sorry about the passing of your Dad.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
WDW is one of the few places in the world that I would be comfortable going all by myself. Just use common sense and don't put yourself into any dangerous situations. No walking in deserted areas alone at night etc.

gerald72
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM
How can two people go to WDW alone?

MMouse6937
08-23-2008, 01:13 AM
First of all, :welcome: to Intercot!! I'm also very sorry that your father passed away.

With that said, you and your mother would be fine going to WDW by yourselves. I have always felt very safe there and wouldn't hesitate to go by myself. I was actually going to in December until DH decided that he wanted to go too! :D

Good luck, I hope you and your mother have a wonderful time!!

Dznygrl79
08-23-2008, 08:08 AM
First I am sorry for your loss. I know planning a vacation without someone who is normally there is hard. But I am ding my first solo trip in 12 days. I have been to the world a few times and never felt endangered, like everyone said keep your wits about you, but you will be surrounded by people, I hope you and your mom have a wonderful trip. Take time to remember all the good times you had with your father there and make some wonderful new memories with mom.

kms1066heb
08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my mother this past January and completely understand.

My vacations to WDW since 1992 had all been with my mother. We always had a great time and always felt completely safe. We enjoyed fantastic dinners at DTD, the character breakfasts, spa treatments, and a more leisurely pace since we had no children with us. On our last visit at Christmas in 2006, my mother was 65 and we still had a great time even though it was just the two of us.

You will have a wonderful visit. Enjoy the time with your mother.

Jenemmy
08-23-2008, 01:58 PM
You guys will be just fine...go and try to make some happy memories together! Years ago, my hubby couldn't get away and I took my 5 year old all by myself. Our plane didn't land until midnight and I was checking into ASMusic around 1:00am and getting to my room and such. Felt perfectly safe the whole week, no worries at all -- and I have a tendency to be paranoid about safety!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Sorry about your loss...DW is quite safe, especially if you are staying on grounds because they have lots of security.

dismommy
08-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I had a friend who was unattached well into her 30's while there rest of us married and had children and she went as a single often and was perfectly safe. She loved it there.:mickey:

Little Round Bale
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry about your loss. But I think WDW will be just fine. It is actually one of the few places we feel is safe. DD and I have been going since she has been 4. My DS is getting ready to go by herself in November ( we can't break away )

Creating those very special memories with your mom will be incredible.

Good luck and tons of pixie dust headed your way... zippie a dee doo da zippie a dee ay...

BWayGrl
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm so sorry about your father. Disneyworld is one of the safest places I think I've ever been. I never feel uncomfortable there. After my parents got divorced, my mom and I started going all the time by ourselves. I'm 21 now, but back in 2002 (I was 15), we drove down for the first time by ourselves from Pennsylvania. Now we go down almost every year together. It's become a sort of mother-daughter tradition!

Belle619
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
It is definitely a safe place. My sister and I are older (I'm 28) but we always go alone and never felt scared at WDW or DL property.

If I were to ever take a trip by myself, I would definitely do a trip to Disney without any hesitation.

And, Disney is the kind of place where I don't think you could ever really feel alone because everyone is so friendly and welcoming. :mickey:

coolz
08-28-2008, 01:57 AM
How can two people go to WDW alone?

silly question.. but you've got a point here.. :mickey: