PDA

View Full Version : Virgin America Airlines

maizey05
08-22-2008, 05:51 PM
We're flying to DL in Oct. on Virgin America. Never flown on Virgin, so just wondering what your experience was like. Do they serve meals? (Going from Seatac to LAX).

NotaGeek
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Most low-cost airlines do not serve meals, but they do offer at-cost food options. I haven't flown on Virgin America, but have booked LOTS of clients on them and they all had rave reviews. I would suggest calling them directly to find out about food on board ... the flight you are on is pretty short, so I wouldn't bet on a food option. Be sure and report back after your trip!

maizey05
09-02-2008, 01:11 AM
I checked the Virgin America site once again. I found that you can order food on the flight. Evidentally, you order it, using the RED screen, in the back of the chair in front of you. You then swipe your debit card (yes, in the seatback also), and your meal is brought to you. (Very Jetsons-esque...not a work, I know.)

NotaGeek
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I checked the Virgin America site once again. I found that you can order food on the flight. Evidentally, you order it, using the RED screen, in the back of the chair in front of you. You then swipe your debit card (yes, in the seatback also), and your meal is brought to you. (Very Jetsons-esque...not a work, I know.)

How cool is that! Virgin America now has non-stop service from Seattle to LAX so I am hoping to try them out sometime soon!