PDA

View Full Version : Crazy lines

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
We got back two weeks ago and I have an important announcement for everyone going anytime soon. Toy Story Mania at DHS has accomplised something I never thought could be done and that is take over the Soarin' craze. We were able to manage the poarks just fine and even ride soarin' 4 times in 1 and 1/2 week trip. We could only manage TSM once. The fast passes were gone by lunch everyday and the stand by line the days we were there was never less than 120 minutes. The ride is amazing and lots of fun though. If you want to ride get there early and get a FP.

Imagineer1981
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
wow...glad I am going in the off season

Mousemates
08-22-2008, 04:21 PM
If you want to ride get there early and get a FP.

:thumbsup: Good advice...and if your there during a busy time and want to ride twice, get there first thing in the morning, (while others are making the dash to ToT and RnR)...get a fastpass, jump in the stand-by line and ride, then use your fastpass.

kakn7294
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup: Good advice...and if your there during a busy time and want to ride twice, get there first thing in the morning, (while others are making the dash to ToT and RnR)...get a fastpass, jump in the stand-by line and ride, then use your fastpass.There is no dash to ToT and RnRC anymore - now the dash is to TSM. We practically walked onto ToT and RnRC early in the am last week. But it's true that FP's are gone by 12n everyday and the shortest line we saw was 60 min - very short by TSM standards. We saw lines of 120 - 180 min.

TheMartellFamily
08-23-2008, 11:33 AM
DH and the boys were there at rope drop and got FP right away. As soon as that was said they got in line and waited by stand by and in an 1 1/2 hours they got to ride it twice. They said it was a great ride but would not wait in line for the times that were posted. While we were there I did not get a chance because of the lines, but everything that I did miss I know in time I will be able to see it.

tinksmom02
08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I've revamped our whole schedule around this ride--I had us visiting DHS on arrival day, but that wouldn't be til around 12 or 1pm, so now we're doing MK arrival day, and DHS the next day, so we can be there and get FP first thing.

:mickey:

CaptSmee
08-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I rode it during passholder previews earlier this year. It's a fun ride, but not THAT fun! 2 hours? Sheesh!

#1donaldfan
08-24-2008, 09:05 AM
No ride in the world is worth that kind of wait ...2 hrs...NO, NONE!!!!:mickey:

JasonH
08-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow is all I can say. I thought Soarin' was bad, but THAT is ridiculous. Looks like I'm going to have to instill this knowledge into my brother who ALWAYS causes us to get there an hour or two after the park opens b/c of how long it takes for him to get up and get ready. He's not the morning type, I'll put it that way. :laughing:

Simba'sBud
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
DHS is one of those parks that DW and I really enjoy, but don't make such a fuss about getting there at rope drop. Looks as though this year might be different since we are both excited about trying out the new attraction!

Thanks for the input and advice!

Only 13 days!!

MinnieMommie
08-24-2008, 04:05 PM
One way to manage the line is to get to HS at park opening and head straight to Toy Story. We were able to go through a few times that way. You can also get a fast pass early too. This is a great attraction and well worth the wait but the 1st thing in the morning strategy worked like a charm when we visited in June. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Do they have single rider for this ride? And if so what has been the wait for it that way?

Just curious we won't be hitting DW for another 3 years so I am sure it will mellow out by than. :mickey:

shan-ash
08-24-2008, 05:06 PM
We were ther the first part of August--we sent someone to get fastpasses first thing on the 2 mornings went to the Studios. It was a great ride but I don't believe in standing in line for more than 30 minutes for any attraction!!:thumbsup:

dnickels
08-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow is all I can say. I thought Soarin' was bad, but THAT is ridiculous. Looks like I'm going to have to instill this knowledge into my brother who ALWAYS causes us to get there an hour or two after the park opens b/c of how long it takes for him to get up and get ready. He's not the morning type, I'll put it that way. :laughing:

That's when you tell him you're leaving at X hour in the morning and if he's not ready he can meet you at the park! Slight modification of the "butt" in seat rule.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Do they have single rider for this ride? And if so what has been the wait for it that way?

They had the single rider line open when we were there earlier this month. The wait times were 50-80 minutes (mid day) even for single rider.

You gotta get there early!:mickey:

maxrebo77
08-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Will be going to early DHS on Sept 20. Early MGM has always been a breeze. You FP TTOT or RnR and then ride the other. Hit Star Tours and by the time the parks opens for real, you may even have Muppets under your belt.
I'm sure I will head to TSM first. Should I
1. Ride and move on
2. FP and ride later
3. FP, ride and come back again
I guess my questions is, will i want to ride twice?
22 days to Mouse Mania

irish1967
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The beauty of being a repeat visitor - we decided to just wait until our next visit (or possibly the one after that :cool:) to experience this ride! It'll still be there and we will still have our "1st" experience.

My younger DS was FINALLY tall enough to ride RNRC - there was NO WAY we would be going anywhere but to RNRC / TOT first!

Imagineer1981
08-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Just glad we have something new to talk about i/o Soarin' all the time:ack:

BeccaO
08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
WOW!!!!! Waiting over 2 hours for a ride is totally out of the question, I don't care what the ride is!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of all the things that you can see and do in that 2+ hour waiting time!!! No thanks, I''ll get my sorry butt out of bed early to get there and see it before the lines get that long!!!!! Geesh!!!! Hopefully come January it calms down a little bit!

starflyer59
08-25-2008, 11:43 AM
wow...glad I am going in the off season

Is there an off season anymore?

The parks seem packed year round now and weeks that used to be fully open in the resorts are now booked solid.

We rode TSM Saturday morning during EMH and waited about 10 minutes. When we got off the ride the wait time was up to 60 minutes and the fast passes were for a return of 4:30-5:30pm and it was only 8:30am.

passholderryan
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Just got in last night, spent yesterday at Hollywood Studios. We got there are 10am. Toy Story mania was closed for technical problems. They were handing out the fast passes, but the returnt ime was 5:10-6:10. They did reopen around 11 when we were walking by. We were able to get on with a 5min wait. However, when we exited, the wait time already said 70min. Something was wrong yesterday. ToT and Muppets were also closed for "tech" reasons.