PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at PPH???

maizey05
08-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi there! I just booked our vacay at PPH. To those of you who've stayed there, maybe you can help me out. First off, is there a baby/wading pool? Is the pool area crowded often? Is looks smallish in the photos, so just wondering. Also, we are bringing our DS, who takes afternoon naps, and is a bit of a light sleeper. Can you suggest a certain area of the hotel that would be the most quiet? (We're booked for a standard view.) Last, how was your stay? Is there anything I should be aware of, to have the best time possible? So many questions, but thanks so much!:smickey:

Figment!
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
We stayed there a few years ago and had an enjoyable stay.

We didn't use the pool, so I can't help there.

We were on the the 6th floor and didn't have any noise issues. There could potentially be some issues closer to the ground level from vehicle/pedestrian noise.

We ate at the hotel's PCH Grill the first night. We got a wood oven baked pizza to share. The meal was good, but a bit pricey from what I recall.

One of the perks we got the most benefit out of was the Paradise Pier Hotel Guest Entrance to Disney's California Adventure. This private entrance allows Guests of the hotel to enter the park in the Paradise Pier section of the park. It was a great perk for us to get to California Scream'N quickly, but you may also enjoy this easy access to get to the children's rides located in that section of the park.

tinkwest
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
One of the perks we got the most benefit out of was the Paradise Pier Hotel Guest Entrance to Disney's California Adventure. This private entrance allows Guests of the hotel to enter the park in the Paradise Pier section of the park. It was a great perk for us to get to California Scream'N quickly, but you may also enjoy this easy access to get to the children's rides located in that section of the park.

It was a beautiful little walkway and a great PPH perk, I agree. But unfortunately it was closed quite some time ago to make way for the new DVC wing (now under construction) of the Grand Californian Hotel.

We have had several enjoyable stays at the PPH. Good size, comfortable rooms. The only drawback, to me, is that at the end of the day the walk back to the hotel feels just a bit long. In reality it probably isn't that much longer than getting off of the tram and walking to my car in the Mickey & Friends parking structure.

Never remember any problems with noise at all. I will agree that requesting a higher floor, taking you away from the street/parking lot noise, is probably a good idea.

MegaDisney
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I have stayed at the PPH a few times and have always been very happy with it. It is my second favorite resort hotel after the Disneyland Hotel. The GCH rooms are tiny and the noise from DtD can be an issue.

I have never experienced any noise issues at the PPH, aside from once when we had a Theme Park view, the water play area at DCA (The Fireboat area) occasionally would let out a whistle, but that was only during the day. The rides that are near the hotel are all equipped with "scream guards" so that was never an issue.

Haven't used the pool there. You used to have access to all of the Resort pools, but that may have changed since they remodeled the pool area.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Love the Paradise Pier hotel. Wonder why? With a screen name like mine isn't it obvious. Overlooking the best part of the park in DCA!

Have only gone to the pool bar at the hotel and not actually spent any time in the pool. No help there.

Have stayed on many floors of the hotel and really have never had any issues with noise other than S.S. Rustworthy during park hours.

It is my favorite hotel of Disney unless of course I can afford concierge level of the Disneyland hotel. :magic:

Melanie
08-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Yes, this was definitely a great benefit, that has now been discontinued (as Linda mentioned). You can still see the entrance as you pass by, and it's kinda frustrating knowing what had been.

I've stayed at PPH three times, and really enjoy the hotel. I've found some great items in the lobby gift shop! Love the theme park view rooms, which are quite large with nice refrigerators and digital safes. I can't recall ever having issues with noise.

The pool area has been redone in the past few years to include a slide, which slides to....nowhere. Yes it's true, it doesn't empty into a pool, it just ends. Bizarre, but I'm sure it's a nice slide. I remember a hot tub, but don't remember a baby pool. Doesn't mean there isn't one though.

I hope you like Paradise Pier Hotel. It's a fun hotel.

jrkcr
08-23-2008, 09:58 AM
YES, there is a baby pool near the base of the slide. I went back to look at my pics I had taken from our room looking down at the pool!

The slide which ends in it's own little splash area, not in the pool, is nice for those of us who are a bit :chicken: and little kids who aren't ready to dunk under at the end of a slide. I really liked it!

The pool itself isn't anything to write about....a medium sized rectangle.

But I love the beach theme of the hotel!

Carol
08-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I love the beach theme of the hotel!Me too. I just stayed there for the first time in April and had a wonderful stay. The room is very spacious and clean. We had no issues with noise. I don't remember what floor we were on (help me out Donna and Michael) but we had no issues with noise.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your stay. :vacation:

NotaGeek
08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Me too. I just stayed there for the first time in April and had a wonderful stay. The room is very spacious and clean. We had no issues with noise. I don't remember what floor we were on (help me out Donna and Michael) but we had no issues with noise.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your stay. :vacation:

I can't remember the floor ... but it was the best 24 hours I have ever spent in room! :mickey:

maizey05
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone! Glad you found your pics of the baby pool. DS will be happy with any kind of pool (even if it's not huge or fancy). Glad you enjoyed yourselves. I just wish the DCA entrance was still open. Why did they close it?

MegaDisney
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I just wish the DCA entrance was still open. Why did they close it?

I am sure it had something to do with paying someone to man an not often used entrance.

tinkwest
08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I just wish the DCA entrance was still open. Why did they close it?

it was closed quite some time ago to make way for the new DVC wing (now under construction) of the Grand Californian Hotel.