PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony

green ranger
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM
When my sister was in MK a couple of years ago, she happened to stumble upon the opening ceremony. Does this still happen and is it every day? Where does it take place?
Does every park have an opening ceremony? Thanks!

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 10:45 PM
still happens every day...at the train station at the park entrance.

Main Street Jim
08-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Does NOT happen every day. It is not performed on EMH mornings.

SFTrny
08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Interesting. We were at the MK on Nov of 2006 for EMH morning and they had the opening ceremony. Same thing the year before. Have they since stopped doing the opening ceremony on EMH days?

Main Street Jim
08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
They have an "audio only" show on EMH mornings, no train/characters/dancers/etc.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Do any other parks do a similar ceremony? I thought I had read/heard something about one at Animal Kingdom. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
hmm, thats no fun. I know AK still has there's and it is alot of fun, brings something special to the parks

AmandaChan
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Does NOT happen every day. It is not performed on EMH mornings.

This answers my questions from the EMH thread. :thumbsup:

disneygeek84
08-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Do any other parks do a similar ceremony? I thought I had read/heard something about one at Animal Kingdom. :mickey:

The last time we were there DHS didn't really have one, they just play music and count down til the rope drops. It was the same way in Epcot, too. Animal Kingdom has a really great show, but you need to get there early to be able to see much of it. Hope that helps!

Nascfan
08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Actually, at Epcot, a handful of characters come out and the Family of the Day is brought out from behind Innoventions in a street legal Test Track car. You have to be pretty much at or close to the rope to see it, but it's cool.

Keneva
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
We were at MK on August 12 for early hours (8am) and they had the opening ceremony at the train platform out front. It was a few minutes long and was highlighted by the "Family of the day" and some select characters throwing streamers into the crowd as we all counted down from 10 to 0 the enter the park. It was fun and most importantly-brief as we all wanted to get in.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
08-22-2008, 01:35 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7179955332425224801&hl=en

This is the video of my husband and I on our honeymoon. We were chosen as Family of the Day and I video taped the whole experience. Last time we were at the Studios (May '08) they did the same schpeel. There may be some days where they don't because it is quite lengthy.

green ranger
08-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Is there anything special you have to do to be the "Family of the Day" at the opening ceremony or is it just luck?

joanna71985
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Out of the 4 opening shows, MK and AK are the best. I don't really care for DHS, and have never seen Epcot.

Is there anything special you have to do to be the "Family of the Day" at the opening ceremony or is it just luck?

It is just being in the right place at the right time.

Mandy Mouse
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
My family was lucky enough to be chosen to be "family of the day" the first day of our trip while at the Magic Kingdom. It was awesome we got a special certificate, we got to ride around a completely empty park, have a photoshoot with like 9 characters. They only allowed us to take 5 people and there was 10 in our group so that was the only down side. It is completely right place right time thing but a group of ten people in matching t-shirts at the park very early I think helped us the most. Talk about luck the next day we were chosen to be family of the day in Animal Kingdom too! haha