PDA

View Full Version : Waiting is not so bad when...

MaxPower
08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
As anyone who has been to a typical amusement park can tell you, waiting in line for an attraction is no fun. Disney spends a lot of money and creative energy trying to make the wait in line an attraction in itself. The queue for Toy Story Mania is a good example. What is your favorite queue to wait in at Walt Disney World? My favorite is Expedition Everest.

tink'72
08-21-2008, 09:19 PM
My DD (11) has 2 - Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania.

I happen to like Buzz Lightyear and the Dinosaur ride at AK. Oh and yeah Test Track...LOL I guess that's more than one!

Meerkat
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Expedition Everest for me!

disneygeek84
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
ToT and The Great Movie Ride in DHS.

And for some reason, I really like the line for BTMRR, too. Don't know why though.

elmjimmlm
08-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I love the Great Movie Ride wait where you watch the clips from all the movies...When I see them on TV I always want to be riding the ride...:mickey:

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Toy Story

Kali River

Expedition Everest

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I enjoy themed queues...Everest is neat, TOT is very well themed, Toy Story is fun, Great Movie Ride (just wish the loop were longer). One of the worst hast to be Big Thunder...all that looping and nothing to see but people...

Vito
08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
My favorite queues:

Splash Mountain (mostly at night - the atmosphere, music, etc, is phenominal - a great "old west" frontierland feel combined with a bit of southern bayou type feel)

Pirates of the Caribbean (long queue, lots to see, great themeing)

Tower of Terror (beautiful detailing, great ambience - the outdoor queue is very nice, then the hotel lobby, and the boiler room - a nice mix of different settings)

Great Movie Ride (it's just very "Hollywood")

Muppetvision 3D (not the most amazing queue, but so many fun details like the key under the carpet, all the "pun" props in the pre-show area, and a hilarious and fun pre-show)

American Adventure (I'm a bit of a historical buildings/architecture nut, so the colonial feel of the AA building and pre-queue area is great)

Dinosaur (love the museum atmosphere inside)

Those are the ones that come to mind the most as my favorites as opposed to necessarily the most detailed or most highly themed. I've heard good things about EE but haven't ridden it yet so I can't really comment on the queue.

Tink#64
08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
In no particular order:

Test Track
Dinosaur
POTC
Star Tours
Buzz
Haunted Mansion

I hate to admit it, but I think we've become snobs about amusement parks! We visited Paramount Kings Island (have been 100 x before) but after visiting WDW and realizing the difference in the que areas, we've almost sworn off amusement parks! I hate to wait in line for an hour, standing out in the sun to ride a 2 minute ride. I think we managed to do 2 rides before lunch & becoming cranky! Those waits, are soooooo boring. At WDW it's so awesome that the que is part of the attraction! No other park can compare! :thumbsup:

Vito
08-22-2008, 12:24 AM
In no particular order:

Star ToursHow could I forget Star Tours!? That's always been one of my favorites. On our first trip when I was 15, I remeber being in awe of the Imperial walker, the ewok village, R2 and 3PO in the queue, the whole "Star Wars" experience. Being a big Star Wars fan, it was like bringing one of my favorite film series to life.

I hate to admit it, but I think we've become snobs about amusement parks! We visited Paramount Kings Island (have been 100 x before) but after visiting WDW and realizing the difference in the que areas, we've almost sworn off amusement parks! I hate to wait in line for an hour, standing out in the sun to ride a 2 minute ride. I think we managed to do 2 rides before lunch & becoming cranky! Those waits, are soooooo boring. At WDW it's so awesome that the que is part of the attraction! No other park can compare! :thumbsup:I don't mind admitting that same thing. :D I look down at non-Disney theme parks. I still visit them (Six Flags parks are great for coasters for an occasional thrill day, and I grew up visiting the Great Escape in Lake George, NY so it holds a special charm to me), but almost everywhere I go I think to myself "this just isn't Disney."

ChewyStriker
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I, like many, would have to say TOT is #1.

Followed by the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. I haven't been able to ride TSM yet - hopefully when we return in just 19 days!:party:

jrkcr
08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Haunted Mansion!! :thumbsup:

Fun to read the tombstones, and a bit creepy!

PittFan
08-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I really like the Jungle Cruise queue. I don't know why. I think it might be because I remember it vividly from my first trip to WDW when i was a kid. I'm a bit nostalgic. :mickey:

disneygeek84
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I really like the Jungle Cruise queue. I don't know why. I think it might be because I remember it vividly from my first trip to WDW when i was a kid. I'm a bit nostalgic. :mickey:

I think this must be why I like the Thunder Mountain line so much. It's not special or anything, but I remember it so well from my first trip that every time we go threw the line I feel like a little kid again.

Simba'sBud
08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
For me it would have to be:

-TOT
-Space Mtn.
-EE
-Soarin' (amazing how cool blue lights and the right music can be when at WDW)
-Mission Space (I'm a huge fan of NASA channel)

Imagineer1981
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
While I do enjoy E.E., if one more kid rings the bells I may die!!!!

anyways, in no particular order:

Star Tours
EE
HM
POTC
ToT,
RnR (inside only)
Buzz
Alien Encounter (miss it)
Dinosaur
Tough to be a Bug
Peter Pan (just love the music)

princessjojo
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Before now Expedition Everest would be my favorite. I love the history of the story of the beast. But now it's a draw between Toy Story Mania and Everest. TSM is so much fun to go through and see and reminiscence over all of the childhood games.

Ian
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
For the most part, I adopt the Tom Petty approach to queues ... The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

But if I had to choose, I'd go Pirates. I love that queue, especially when it's hot out because it's normally nice and cool in there.

AmandaChan
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
The thing I love about Disney is sometimes the wait is long, yeah, but they give you the opportunity to bypass all that with the fastpasses (at least to some extent). The DH and I always get creative with the fastpasses and we never have to wait a long time, really.

Some of my favorite waiting queues are Ellen's Energy Adventure, Haunted Mansion, Toy Story Mania, and the Great Movie Ride (although they could use a revamp on the clips, I love watching the old movies and it gets me excited for the ride).

prttynpnk
08-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I love Star Tours' queue alomst more than the actual ride!

A Foolish Mortal
08-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Let's see-

Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Muppet Vision 3*D
Mission:SPACE
Splash Mountain

casey@bat
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
This is not a ride but it was the best time I spent waiting:

A few years ago we got to MGM before it opened in June. While we were waiting for the gates to open, 2 storm troopers came out! They were talking to each other about all the people down there. The even pointed their guns at us. You could also here jets flying over and they would act like they were watching them. They started making fun of everyone holding these weird objects (cameras) and pointing them at them. I just new Darth Vadar was going to come out any second.

It was so exciting!!!!

For once I forgot that we were waiting to get in.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Haunted Mansion:number1:

FenwayGirl
08-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Finding Nemo is cute.
I think my favorite is TOT and my 2 LEAST favorites are;

Test Track (the music will drive you nuts if you have to wait for a long time)
Thunder Mountain (the neverending queue)

caryrae
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Alot of the queues are pretty neat but for some strange reason I like the Space Mountain one. It's dark and cool after being out in the sun. I like looking out the "windows" and listening to the space music and when you get close to the front seeing the chocolate chip cookies on the ceiling. Also after the ride and going on the moving walkways.

TennesseeTink
08-22-2008, 03:56 PM
My favorite queue used to be The Seas With Nemo & Friends. I know...kinda boring. But I love the whole underwater theme, very cool. But my new favorite is Toy Story Mania. All the toys bring back lots of childhood memories. Funny story - Back in June, DH and I were waiting in this line for over an hour when some young girls in front of us started the wave. Eventually it reached all the way back towards the end. Most fun I've ever had waiting in line for a ride.:D

pink
08-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I have many favorites: Tower of Terror, Test Track, Space Mountain, Muppets 3D, Dinosaur and Star Tours. :mickey:

minnesotafreeze
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
My favorite queue is Star Tours. The queue is way better than the ride.:mickey:

KAJUNKING
08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
ee and tot are my favorites

ryca1dreams
08-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I still love Space Mountain because of the music in the star tunnel. Also it still has that kitschy 70s feel to it.

I think the coolest are ToT, Everest, and Start Tours.

JPL
08-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Any queue that I walk right through and directly on the ride ;)

But if I must wait :(

Everest
Pirates
Space Mountain
Toy Story Mania
The Seas With Nemo

chrisb26
08-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Well I agree with JPL about the no line is the best lol

But my favorites are:

Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Mission Space
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Expedition Everest

gerald72
08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
The queue lines are one of the things that set Disney apart from most other parks. They are shaded, cool, and interesting to look at. You don't mind waiting as much. Some are as good as the actual attraction.
I was just at Hersheypark today: In the hot sun, walk this way, turn around, walk back. Do that for an hour and then get on a two minute rollercoaster.

bruin1344
08-23-2008, 10:40 AM
any line under 15 minutes and not overly hot, i like POTC, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Maelstorm, RnR, and TOT

TheMartellFamily
08-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I like POTC. I also like Splash Mtn too. At EPCOT I love the one for Nemo and Friends ride.

amd780
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Test Track and Star Tours! Especially Test Track, because there is so much to learn there. :thumbsup:

laward32
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Does the stretching room in HM count as the queue or the ride? If its the queue then HM is my fav. Then TOT. I like KS too. I can't say EE like a lot of people, because I have only rode it once and went through the single rider line, so I haven't seen the actual queue.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-25-2008, 02:57 AM
ToT when you get inside the building
The Muppets:thumbsup:

Mickey91
08-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Well, as ar as being bored or not in a line, we were at EPCOT on an EMH night. The line for Soarin was 90 min. It wasn't fun but it was more fun than it could have been with the interactive boards and the fun people you are in line with.:mickey:

Ropachs
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Haven't been on TSM or EE yet, less than 2 months to go now! So for now,
Splash Mountain
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Safaris
-in that order :mickey:

MickeysEars
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I like KRR. I like the Asian theme and artifacts are fun to look at

sophie peach
08-27-2008, 03:45 AM
tower of terror!!!!

TXTigger
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Any queue I get to FastPass! :D

If I have to wait:
Pirates
Toy Story Mania
Everest

indytraveler
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
There are a couple I like EE, and Test Track. ToT is good as well

Tinkerbella16
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
My favorite queue's are: (in no particular order)

POTC - Probably my favorite line to wait in. I really love the feel to this queue...its dark, cold, and just creepy. Love it!!

Splash Mountain - I love the feel and the atmosphere of this one.

ToT - This is right up there with POTC. Disney really did an amazing job with this queue, and you really feel like you are entering the story.

Everest - Very interesting queue

Haunted Mansion - I've always loved this queue. This ride is just classic, and one of my faves. I love when you first enter the mansion...the smells, atmosphere, everything!

I don't really have a favorite from Epcot...it is my fave park, but the queues aren't like the ones I mentioned. And I haven't been on TSM yet... I will in November so I'm sure that'll be one of my favorites!