PDA

View Full Version : For kids - Le Cellier or Coral Reef?

ljv1975
08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok, which place would interest small children more? I am guessing Coral Reef because of the aquariums, but I would like some input from others!

Or would you say that neither place is good for kids ages 4 and 1 1/2?

Insanity Clause
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
We are doing Le Cellier over Coral Reef with our kids (10,8,7) since we have heard repeatedly that Coral Reef has very slow service and when you eat out with kids you have that window before everything falls apart.

nyobabe2
08-21-2008, 10:53 PM
We went there with 4,6,7 and 8 yr olds for dinner and it was amazing! They absolutly loved the aquarium being right there. I believe Le Cellier is not so much geared towards children. The service for us was awesome and we were a party of 13! And after walking around Epcot all day, it was the most soothing place I had eaten dinner my entire stay. The kids really get a kick out of the divers too! I would definetly go for it!!

Disney Lynn
08-22-2008, 08:19 AM
All the table service venues at EPCOT can have slow service. For that reason, we usually just did counter service when our DD was small. Plus, we could eat when she was hungry rather than when we had reservations (which of course were made many months prior).

However, if you do want to do a table service, Coral Reef does have the advantage of the fish and divers- that should fascinate them for quite a while. Also, on my one trip to Coral Reef, there were many more families with young kids than I had ever seen at Le Cellier (on multiple visits).

All WDW park restaurants will be "kid-friendly" (kids' menu, high chairs, etc).

bkfree
08-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Our choice is La Cellier, the kids always love it and the service is great.
But the MAIN reason, is the the kids menu at La Cellier offered so much more and the bottom line for us was, it doesn't matter how interesting the scenery if the food doesn't entice them.

ransam
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
La Cellier or Coral Reef.....Hm do i want a million dollars in 10 dollar bills or 100 dollar bills? ha.
you can't go wrong w/ either.

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
We did both of these on our last trip and loved them both. the service was great at both as was the food. It did seem to me that Le Cellier had more to offer food wise. DD was not impressed with the pizza at CR but loved the make your own sundae.

I liked the atmosphere better at CR as did both the kids. I think you will be fine either way and for us the service was fast and great at both places even during free dining!!

FriendsofMickey
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Coral Reef. The atmosphere is more kid friendly.

I have done both (Le Cellier twice) and Coral Reef once.

Last year, our experience at Le Cellier was sub par at best. The waitress was great, but the food was very slow in making it out. My daughters steak came out bloody rare.... bad experience. Combine that with the darkness of the eating area and ... .this year, we are going to Coral Reef. We will not return to Le Cellier.

(Note: I know that every restaraunt will have an occasional miss. But, on both my visits, I just did not see what all the 'rave' reviews for Le Cellier was about. Though, their dessert - creme brule sampler was fantastic... though last year, we left without desert. I figure I might as well leave the table to someone who LOVES it.)

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
08-22-2008, 03:09 PM
We were at WDW from July 29th until Aug 9th this year. We have two kids ages 3 and 9 and we happened to eat at both places for dinner. The kids liked Coral Reef better and ate like crazy but they also enjoyed Lecellier as well. We had incredible service at both places. My vote with kids would be coral reef but if they are accustomed to eating out alot they will be fine at either place!!!

Disney Yankee
08-22-2008, 11:47 PM
I would say Coral Reef b/c of the aquarium. We ate there last week and DS who is 7 loved looking at the sharks and turtle in the aquarium. Le Cellier is nice, but not really too much to look at for the little ones. The food is good at both places.