PDA

View Full Version : Question about Safari Breakfast?

WDW1208
08-21-2008, 10:48 AM
We were huge fans of Donald's Breakfastasaurus, and we were really disappointed when we went to schedule our dining for our next trip and saw it was now a breakfast over at Tusker House (it's been 3 years since we have been to WDW). Can you all tell me what the main difference is between the old Breakfastasaurus and the new Safari breakfast? Will we enjoy this one if we loved Donald's? Thanks!

wdwfansince75
08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
We have been to both, and IMHO, the Safari Breakfast is better...food serving area is larger, and less cluttered....Food seemed better, and eating areas are more open......characters are about the same, but the larger space allows better interaction....

TheDuckRocks
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
The food station area set-up is much, much better at the new location, we thought the way they now handle the characters is better (loved the group dancing) and they serve the wonderful juice from Boma. The CMs no longer pull any of their stunts like they did before. I felt the food is now not as good or fresh, no more Donald's Cheesy Potatoes and they are now serving fake "Krispy Cremes". (No wonder I have a hard time keeping my weight down.....of my 2 favorite things, one if loaded with starch and fat and the other will keep you on a sugar high for a week.:funny:) Overall the new one is fine but we prefer the old Breakfastosaurus.

SurferStitch
08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
DH and I never ate at Donald's Breakfastasauras, but we LOVE the safari breakfast at Tusker House. As far as food goes, it's our favorite breakfast buffet on property.

Food is very fresh, hot and delicious. There are plenty of normal items, and some more ethnic/exotic choices, too.

Service is excellent, and I love that I get to see Daisy there. I love her!

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
We have been to both, and IMHO, the Safari Breakfast is better...food serving area is larger, and less cluttered....Food seemed better, and eating areas are more open......characters are about the same, but the larger space allows better interaction....

To be fair, I understand you were there with an incredibly attractive family, including a very intelligent son....who is very grateful for all the trips to Disney World...thanks dad.

But I agree...some of my favorite memories were at Breakfast-o-saurus (Mom falling for the ketchup bottle trick, Emily eating as many grapes as she could, the GREAT family picture with Goofy), but I also remember sitting in that cramped waiting area for 30 minutes waiting for our table. And I also remember it being REALLY crowded, and you couldn't see your table from the buffet, so you missed characters some times.

The new Safari Breakfast is MUCH more open, the food was a little better in my opinion (but that may have been because of the juice...WOW, that's good stuff), and when my 6 month old needed water for his bottle, the waitress literally RAN to the beverage counter outside and RAN back to our table with it. Sure, the staff doesn't play all the tricks they used to, but they were very helpful and attentive. And the extra space with the characters was especially nice...fewer spilled drinks and overturned plates trying to get to the characters.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Tusker House is way, way, way better than the old Donald's breakfast! :thumbsup:

There is far more room (both between the tables and at the buffet), the characters are the same, the food is better (great selection, all hot and fresh) and the servers are just fantastic. We never had anyone "joke" around with us at the old breakfast, so we're not missing that.

The new Tusker House breakfast was one of our favourite meals on our last trip :number1: