PDA

View Full Version : My encounter with the Dream Squad!

MickeyChick
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
No, we didn't get the Cinderella Suite or even dream fastpasses.

We were walking through the Maharajah Jungle Trek in AK when I spotted him. I asked him a question about the design of the ruins and started a conversation. I asked how he liked his job, he told us that before he started working for Disney, he was a drug/alcohol counselor but that this job was much better. He asked about our trip and if we had ridden Everest yet.

We said no, that we were on our second trip this year and were going to have to miss it again. The first time, we had the kids with us, and this time, we didn't get fastpasses early enough and the wait was over an hour. We had to leave the park after the jungle trek to go shower and dress for the Spirit of Aloha show at 8.

Dream Squad Mike said that he could fix that and took us straight to the front of the line! It was so cool! My sweetie and I loved the ride and when we got off, Mike was waiting for us and he got us the picture of us on the ride.

It was AWESOME. :mickey:

Hayden's Dad
08-21-2008, 09:50 AM
That is awesome. Especially since he was waiting for you at the end to take a picture!

BMan62
08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Now THAT'S the type of dreams they should be bringing to life all the time!!

Congratulations!!!

ParkMan
08-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats - what a nice bonus to a day at WDW!

You know, you're so right. The big prizes are nice, but it's the little "easy" things like this that really make WDW a great place!

kakn7294
08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
How nice! I agree, that's the kind of stuff they should be making happen. I love my lanyard from last year, but the trip would have been just as nice without them. It's the little things done just for you that really make a trip special.

TexasPrincessAurora
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I agree! When we went in April 2007 my DS who was 3 at the time wore his Peter Pan costume to the park one day. When we were about to get on Peter Pan's Flight a Dream Squad member was there and gave him a certificate and made him an honorary lost boy. It's the little personalized things that are really neat.

Belster
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM
This is just fantastic! We are going in October, I was wondering how you know who these dreammakers are? Do they wear something special?

Lizzie
08-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats great. We had a Dream Squad member once stop and talk to us a couple of times in one day. But we never got anything.

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Congratulations!!!

Congrats - what a nice bonus to a day at WDW!

You know, you're so right. The big prizes are nice, but it's the little "easy" things like this that really make WDW a great place!

That is what CMs are supposed to do. They are called Take 5 or Magic Moments, and I think CM's should do it more often, because I don't think CMs do it enough

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
How cool...glad you got that extra magical moment.

Dr. Disney
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
that's awesome... CONGRATS..

I'm hoping to see some magic dreams come true when we visit in December :mickey:

GrinninCat
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
When I pulled up to the parking lot with my wallet in my hand, the CM said thanks for coming to WDW and to have a magical day...and waved me through the gate.

That started a REALLY great day in the parks for me.

spiderkd
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
What a cool experience :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Good for you! I hope we meet Dream Maker Mike when we are there in Oct!!!:D

Vito
08-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks for sharing MickeyChick :thumbsup:

Cast Member experiences are definitely among the most memerable Disney moments.

Part of the draw if I ever became a CM would be doing little things like this. I would love just going around all day making people happy, fixing problems, making kids smile - a new and rewarding experience every day!

ilvdisney
08-23-2008, 01:58 PM
We were there Aug 4th-14th and I did not see anyone from the Dream Squad ever! The CM let my daughter drive the Jungle Cruise boat though and she had a blast!

Minnie Imagineer
08-23-2008, 04:07 PM
thats awesome! I love the little things!! I hope stuff like this happens to everyone who deserves it! :number1: