PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone encounter this

julyjewel
08-20-2008, 04:22 PM
When we were at Hollywood studios there were two CM's right outside the ride. They asked if we would help them out in a special project. You had to sign their autograpgh book and state where you were from and it would help feed 20 cast members. I'm not sure what that was about or if they have some contest. I saw this at the other parks too.

Main Street Jim
08-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Ummm...which "the ride"?

Doesn't sound like anything that CMs should be doing..."help feed 20 Cast members"?? You didn't give them any money, did you...?

pink
08-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I've never heard of anything like this. It was nice of you to help them but I think it's in poor taste for them to do this at there place of work unless Disney approved it. :mickey:

brownie
08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Which ride? Something doesn't sound right about this. Maybe they weren't really cast members.

julyjewel
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
They encountered us outside The Great Movie Ride. They had nametags and uniforms on. We didn't give them any money, nor would we if they would have asked. They just said it was for a good cause and that us signing the book would help them feed 20 cast members...I don't know if that part was the joke but they thanked us for signing the autograph book. This would have take place last Wednesday night. I thought they were having some sort of contest since I saw a Spanish speaking CM asking another family to do it later over by the sorcer hat.

I don't know what it was all about.

Pop Centurion
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I've never heard of such a thing either. Sounds like the CM's might have been having some sort of contest amongst themselves to see who could get the most autographs.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Or you could have really helped feed CM's.

It sounds almost exactly like what they would do for a Cast Appreciation event. Increase interactions with the Guests, and we'll reward you with food. But how to show they actually did it? Log their interactions with an autograph book.

crazypoohbear
08-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Or you could have really helped feed CM's.

It sounds almost exactly like what they would do for a Cast Appreciation event. Increase interactions with the Guests, and we'll reward you with food. But how to show they actually did it? Log their interactions with an autograph book.

That's a cool way to increase CM interactions. :D
What kind of food???

tink'72
08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
I have never heard of such a thing! Did you give out any other personal information?

Missy_Mouses_Dad
08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
The same thing happened to us Wednesday night by Toy story Mania. An employee approached the dw and dd and asked them to sign her book.

disneygeek84
08-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe they're in the College Program and it's for one of their classes. They could have been told to be in DHS and see how many people they could get to sign their autograph books. Who knows? But that sounds really interesting!

Alligirl
08-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe they're in the College Program and it's for one of their classes. They could have been told to be in DHS and see how many people they could get to sign their autograph books. Who knows? But that sounds really interesting!

Sounds like it might be a warm up for new CM's in the program?! Get out there and meet people, like a scavanger hunt? The winning team gets a pizza party for twenty?

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Nope, I've never seen that, but don't see anything wrong with it (or sinister about the motives) as long as their is no personal information being passed along with the signatures...kind of sounds like a bunch of kids having a goofy "I can get more signatures than you can" contest....or just something to make the day go by faster.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Sounds like it might be a warm up for new CM's in the program?! Get out there and meet people, like a scavanger hunt? The winning team gets a pizza party for twenty?

Or that attraction/ops area. It sounds like that might have been the thing since someone at Toy Story was doing it.

We used to do it for the Emp. If we outsold MouseGears on any of the PWP items, we would get a special day with games, free food, sometimes even Dole Whips!