PDA

View Full Version : Sneakers or flip flops?

cinderellabelle
08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I LUv my flip flops and i hate wlking the parks in sneakers is this the right thing 2 do or should i grin :D and bear it and wear my sneakers?

nyobabe2
08-20-2008, 03:39 PM
It's so funny you wrote this because every where I go I wear sandals with a thick heel and no one can believe I can walk around in them! To me their just what I'm used to and comfortable in, however, when I am in the parks I now wear my cute little sneakers that I have to break in before I even get down there! I tried the sandals the one year and it did take a toll on me. The sneakers did give me blisters but I brought mole skin and it solved that problem. I guess it is just a judgement call. If you're not going to be in the park all day and night...go for it!:thumbsup:

disneymom15
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I always wear my flip flops. The only reason I pack sneakers is if I plan on going for a run.

snerd475
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I LIVE in flip flops and sandals, and hate wearing shoes, except for work-outs, so I'd opt for the flips. As long as you are really, really used to them. What's the longest you've walked in them?
I wear these Earth sandals that are so much more comfortable than even my cross-trainers. I also think it's a great calf work-out, because I can feel it (but in a good way!) at the end of the day.
And I HATE having wet sneaks on! Makes me very cranky! So, with water rides, rain, sweat, forget it!

Have fun!

Mousemates
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Purely a judgement call...theme park footwear is an oft debated subject here...i.e. Tevas's (my personal fave :thumbsup:) vs. Crocs :ack: vs. sandles (my wife swears by her old Columbias) vs flip-flops vs. crosstrainers vs. whatevers....I'd say bring both, start out in what your most comofrtable with, switch to the other if they start to take a toll on you, and if neither works out go to an outlet store and find some Teva's :cool:

NJGIRL
08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I always wear sneakers for lots of reasons. Better for your feet, safer, more comfortable. Sometimes the AC is so cold in the restaurants and attractions I can't imagine my feet not being covered.

grwoolf
08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd say take and wear both (not at the same time). It always helps my feet to switch between footwear when my feet start hurting.

Septbride2002
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I use to do cute shoes at WDW, like sandals, strappy things, and so on. Now I do sneakers - something that is meant for running or cross training. I did a half marathon at Disney and ended up causing Planters fasciitis - so even wearing flip flops for a couple hours makes my feet hurt bad.

~Amanda

BelleKP
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd say take and wear both (not at the same time). It always helps my feet to switch between footwear when my feet start hurting.
I agree with grwoolf! Switch it up! I too LOVE my flip flops and wear them days on end. But at the parks, it's great to have an alternative. I actually will do three . . . flip flops one day (especially water park or shorter day), birkenstocks another and then sneaker it in between. My feet and legs appreciate the break!
:thumbsup:

LuvsTigger80
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I live for my flip flops. I don't even own a pair of sneakers. I did when we went on our first trip... i wore the sneakers for maybe 2 hours and had blisters. so i just wore my flip flops the rest of the trip. Was much more happier. :mickey:

pink
08-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I almost always wear sneakers, I've just been brought up that way. Disney World= comfortable sneakers. :blush:

However, I have worn flip flops to EMH one night and I was fine. :mickey:

Tinksalot
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I always wear my flip flops unless its too cold. I find my feet stay cooler in warm weather and they are great incase your feet get wet. :thumbsup:

TennesseeTink
08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
I used to wear sneakers but not since I bought my Columbia sandals. They offer awesome arch support, which most flipflops don't. I also love to be able to slip off my shoes on the dark rides and TTA to give my feet a break. Can't easily do that with sneakers. I always bring a backup pair of shoes. I have one pair of flipflops with pretty good arch support but they rub on the top of my foot after a day in the parks. They're only good for a few hours.

kakn7294
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't worn sneakers in over a year and a half. I live in flip-flops and Crocs and that's what I took with me to WDW. I wore the flip-flops all but one day, only wearing the Crocs because they are Steelers ones and they matched my shirt that day. Wear what you are comfortable in but take something as a backup.

jrkcr
08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Here at home,I live in flip-flops everyday- weather permitting!
I also have one pair of "ugly" crocs(which I have worn only once), and one pair of super cute mary jane crocs that I wear a good bit.:thumbsup:

But for my Disney trips, I always wear walking shoes. I bought a pair of Asics for my trip next week, and they are feeling great! I can't see walking all day and half the night in flip-flops-no matter how much I wear them at home!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-20-2008, 08:24 PM
This works for me, too. Normally I live in my flipflops, but I always bring comfortable tennis shoes to alternate at WDW.

Mandy Mouse
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
I love flip flops I am constantly wearing them. I even used to wear them in the rain haha. Tennis shoes make my feet feel like they can't breathe haha. If you have a pair of flip flops that you have worn a million times I'm positive you'll be glad you wore them. Bring both and try the flip flops and if forever reason you can always switch if you need to. But when you go on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids and don't have soaking wet shoes and socks you'll be glad! I have worn nothing but flip flops on every disney trip and I have had no problems.

mdhiggin
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Flip flops might be okay for a few hours, but any more than that and I'd wear sneakers. The amount of walking done by most at Disney is incredible.

SFTrny
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Sneakers, sneakers, sneakers, sneakers, sneaker....OH PLEASE, SEAKERS.

Have you ever seen the foot of someone who has worn flip flops in an amusement park for a day? YUCK!

Jodi
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I like to change it up too, wear flip flops mostly, but do wear the sneakers to keep my feet more stable and comfortable. The flips are a plus when it rains. We are heading down in less than 2 days, hoping that Fay is long gone by Friday afternoon !! :thumbsup:

Pop Century 2008, here we come !!

mook3y
08-20-2008, 09:49 PM
I haven't worn sneakers in over a year and a half. I live in flip-flops and Crocs and that's what I took with me to WDW. I wore the flip-flops all but one day, only wearing the Crocs because they are Steelers ones and they matched my shirt that day. Wear what you are comfortable in but take something as a backup.

While I have only ever worn sneakers to a theme park because that is what is most comfortable for my feet. I completely agree with kakn7294. Wear what you are comfortable in but bring something else as backup.

For me flipflops do not have near enough cushion and kill my feet after just a short time. If you happen to decide to wear socks and shoes, I would recommend bringing an extra pair of socks along, especially if you are going during rainy season and/or planning on going to AK and the raft ride! walking around very long in wet socks isn't good either.

SurferStitch
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I love wearing flip flops or sandals. I never wear regular sneakers...only at the gym.

I do have several pairs of the ballerina type sneaks (hardly sneakers at all), and will wear them sometimes, but I still prefer flip flops or sandals.

I got two of the most amazingly comfy pairs of flip flops at Summerlace in the Grand Flo. They are Douglas Paquette, and are so comfy! I bought a pair, put them on, and wore them for at least 12 hours in the parks from the start. They were so comfy, I went back the next day and bought another pair. I know I'll get a 3rd pair when we're back in October.

I don't like to wear flat flip flops. I need some sort of wedge/heel and/or platform sole. A full day of walking in flats is very uncomfy for me.

BoricuaBell
08-20-2008, 10:37 PM
I always use to wear only sneakers @ my WDW vacations, but on the last trip we had, I would start the day in sneakers and if my feet would get tired, I would have my flip-flops ready to go. I had a stroller, so I had the basket to store my sneakers in.

ParkMan
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Personally, I don't think there is a clear choice here. My kids wear Crocs, my wife wears Teva's, I tend to wear sneakers.

Our biggest rule of thumb is nothing new. We've often found that the only bad choice is to try something out feet are not used to.

Eric87
08-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Just got back from an eight day trip and I wore flip flops everyday. It's an improvement from pounding the pavement weekly in dress shoes. My feet feel refreshed!!

SFTrny
08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
There are SO MANY ALTERNATIVES to flip flops, PLEASE! Feet in flip flops after more than 2 hours is NASTY!!!!

jrpersinger
08-20-2008, 11:58 PM
There are SO MANY ALTERNATIVES to flip flops, PLEASE! Feet in flip flops after more than 2 hours is NASTY!!!!

My feet in shoes after more then 2 hours of being hot and sweaty are nasty! Much Much Much worse then being in sandles! LOL

I live in sandles, no different when I am at WDW. Birks being my top choice, followed by Crocs (the actual flip flop sandles) and then the cheap Old Navys. I am much more comfortable in sandles then shoes. But I am also the odd person who can do WDW in platforms and not have a single issue.

I did try to wear my Nike mulls this time and my feet got to sweaty and rubbed blisters all over my feet. I ended up having to buy a pair of socks to stop them from rubbing. And yes, they were broke in and I was wearing socks, I just had to buy a "fresh" pair. Needless to say, I went back to sandles the next day.

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
My 18 y/o niece wore flip flops in the parks and had no problems at all. I wear sneakers with my special orthotics. I would be dying in flip flops. So would DH I think. He wears sneakers too. To much:walk: for us.

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Have you ever seen the foot of someone who has worn flip flops in an amusement park for a day? YUCK!

My niece's feet were fine. What did you see?:confused:

brownie
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Wear sneakers; your feet will thank you! Flip flops are not the best thing for being on your feet all day for several days.

Mousemates
08-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by SFTrny

A similarly unpleasant question could be asked about the person who has had their feet in a pair of nikes ...Have you ever smelled the feet of a person who worn their sneakers in an amusement park for a day? Yuck!

Regardless of what footwear you choose to wear at WDW everyone's feet need some shower/tub time at the end of the day...for some the need is visual, for others the need is of a more olfactory nature :blush:...but the need is the same nevertheless.

Imagineer1981
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Purely a judgement call...theme park footwear is an oft debated subject here...i.e. Tevas's (my personal fave :thumbsup:) vs. Crocs :ack: vs. sandles (my wife swears by her old Columbias) vs flip-flops vs. crosstrainers vs. whatevers....I'd say bring both, start out in what your most comofrtable with, switch to the other if they start to take a toll on you, and if neither works out go to an outlet store and find some Teva's :cool:

Couldn't agree more, Teva's are great, but I do flip flops all the time...but definitely :ack: on Crocs!

bruin1344
08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
sneakers during the day at the parks and sandals at night, my sandals become uncomfortable when doing a lot of walking

Bri
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
my last 2 trip to WDW i wore flip flops cause we went in Sept and it was hot. by the second and third days, i literally could not walk (i also walk hard on my heels). it got better on the 4th day and on but for those 2 days people must have been looking at my like "what's wrong with that girl". this time i'm going to wear sneakers, my feet will still hurt but i don't think it will be as bad. if i were you, i would bring both but start off with the sneakers, esp if you don't do a lot of walking in your everyday life.

Jasper
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
If you really want to know what type of footwear works best for you I would suggest that you find a day when you can actually be standing and walking for at least 8 hours straight. Since ours is such a sedentary world most of us don't spend 8 or more continuous hours standing and walking each day. So don't don't confuse sitting at a desk for 8 or 10 hours a day as the same thing as standing and walking for that length of time.

And yes, I know there are some exceptions in the work world like nurses and many factory workers who do stand or walk 8 or more hours a day. However, in many of those jobs you can't wear the same kind of shoes as you may want to wear at WDW.

By the way, my preference is for the original version of Crocs alternated every other day with Dr. Scholls sneakers.

And one final thought, having the right kind of shoes is not only critical for your feet and legs, it is also critical for your back. As someone who has had 8 back surgeries in the last 12 year or so I can definitely tell you that having the right kind of shoe for your body will make a tremendous difference in your back as well as feet and legs!

I take the Ferry
08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
...don't don't confuse sitting at a desk for 8 or 10 hours a day as the same thing as standing and walking for that length of time.

I agree. I wore my Crocs to WDW one day because I wear them "all the time," including work (where I'm on my feet 90% of the time.)

Big mistake for me. I don't think people realize how much we walk when we're at WDW. I guess we just don't notice because we're having so much fun... we're distracted from the fact that we may have walked 10 or 15 miles in a day.

I say sneakers. My wife says flips. We both suggest packing both, just in case.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Gottaluvgoof
08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok, first of all, I'm going to start a whole new debate on this subject. I wear TENNIS SHOES! :mickey: In St. Louis, we call them tennis shoes. I honestly don't know of anyone here who calls them sneakers...I guess we're not sneaky enough..:D Anyway, tennis shoes are the only way to go for me.

dismommy
08-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I wear these really great Nike celso plus flip flops. They are considered athletic sandals and have a great thick shock absorbing sole. Although my sister tells me that her back pain disappeared once wearing her crocs during one trip so I may try them during my upcoming trip. I have 3 brand new pairs of my favorite Nike flip flops set aside just for the trip and will probably only wear those.

PittFan
08-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I wear sandles and have never had a problem. I would suggest wearing what you usually wear and what your feet are used to.

pixiesmimi
08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I have always recommended Crocs after years of blisters with sneakers (tennis shoes) or my Dr. Scholls flip flops which was the most comfortable flip flop I have ever worn at the parks. Never would have thought I could walk all day every day for a week in flip flops, but these were great! Now I recommend Fit Flops from Bath and Body or Victoria's Secret. They are fantastic! They have a lot of padding on the bottom (sole) and actually tone your thighs and derierre (sp?) while walking. I have worn nothing else since getting mine and would not hesitate to wear them at the parks. I never have a back problem when I wear them. If you have comfortable flip flops and can wear them all day without stopping, go for it. It's whatever you are used to.

Tinkpink
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Someone on another post recommended TEVA flip flops because of the comfort (they have arch support) so I bought a pair (OK, two pair...) I have been wearing them to test if they are comfortable throughout the day with lots of walking/standing.

Yep, they passed the test!

homeschool mom
08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Personally, I always wear sneakers as that is what my feet need and feel most comfortable in.

My teen girls, on the other hand, wore flip flops on our last trip and were fine with it. The only thing is their feet were FILTHY at the end of the day. I don't think they got the dirt completely off all week!

21 days and counting! :party:

MinnieMommie
08-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I have worn all sorts of foot wear in the parks including running sneakers and the cheapo rubber flip flops. I think it depends on the weather, time of year and how long a stretch you will be on your feet walking in the parks. It also depends on the construction of our foot and how much of things like arch support you need. Lately I have been wearing nice sort of sneaker-shoes when I will be walking distances in the parks. Sometimes I get Born's (which work well for my foot) and on the last trip I worn Privos. They make so many comfortable walking shoes and sandals now that there is much to pick from. Basically I prefer to have my foot covered and to have slip ons vs anything I have to tie/buckle. :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I only wear my New Balance running sneakers in WDW. I have two pair that I alternate. I love flip flops and wear them at home but, my knee would never allow me to wear them in the parks all day. I do bring a good pair, my Ocean Pacific ones are my favorite at the moment, to wear to the pool and around the resort at night.
My husband and kid also wear a good pair of sneakers.
My kids brought their Crocs last year for the pool etc, but ended up wearing them in the parks on a few days and said they were very comfy. My husband bought a pair of Crocs Off Roads this summer and I can almost guarantee those will be going to WDW this December. He swears by them.

It is all about what you are most comfortable in. As a few others have said, just don't bring anything that hasn't been broken in. You will not be a happy camper.;)

AvonleaCF
08-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't care what people say about Crocs, they're all I wear in the parks now! And I wear them WITH socks! Oh my goodness, someone send the fashion police! Oh and they're purple too. :thumbsup:

I really don't care what others think about my foot ware; it's all about how comfortable I am.

I have New Balance sneakers as a back-up, but I prefer the Crocs.

I couldn't imaging wearing flip flops in the parks all day. Ouch! I hate flip flops though; I don't like having anything between my toes.

I wear Teva sandals at the water parks.

badkitty
08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I like to mix up the footwear. Flip-flops or sandals during the day and canvas shoes (with gel inserts) during the evening. Sometimes I will wear the canvas shoes all day but... smelly! I wore the flip-flops in the rain once and only once. They were so slippery I could barely walk. How do those of you who use flip-flops in the rain keep them on?

mouseketeer mom
08-25-2008, 08:46 AM
My girls and I prefer flip flops, we are most comfortable in good flip flops. I do get worried about our toes in crowded areas though...my son prefers his crocs, and my DH is a sneaker guy! I really think its all about comfort with the amount of walking involved, that there is not a "right" answer. I have to say tho..I wore my flip flops over to MK by myself one day last week to upgrade our Park Hoppers to AP's. It was pouring. My flip flops became really slippery, and I almost broke my neck. I ended up taking them off and walking barefoot to guest relations, then remained barefoot to the boat launch back, all the way back to the Poly! I saw others in flip flops doing the same.

pixiesmimi
08-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I have had that happen with regular flip flops and have walked barefoot across the parks to exit before, cringing all the way about all the germs I was picking up. But I washed my feet immediately afterwards really, really well. I don't have the problem with slippage with my Fit Flops. The soles and bottoms are designed so your foot doesn't slip in them. Of course I haven't walked in flooding rains with them. I would probably wear my Crocs on the days that it was raining just in case because they wear better in the water. And the water drains off and you don't have to worry about walking in wet sneakers all day. Miserable!

Donald A
08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Everyone is different, but as a podiatrist I would say that one should generally avoid a flat flip flop with no support in favor of a well-structured supportive sneaker. Will people tell me they feel great in flip flops? Sure, but long term as one gets older the tendons in one's lower leg will thank you for being in the supportive shoe.

Little Round Bale
08-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I agree with supportive shoes but I also wear flip flops or sandals in the park. I work outside in my regular life and on vacation the toes see sun the whole trip...LOL. But I do bring my sneaks cause you never know.

pixiesmimi
08-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Everyone is different, but as a podiatrist I would say that one should generally avoid a flat flip flop with no support in favor of a well-structured supportive sneaker. Will people tell me they feel great in flip flops? Sure, but long term as one gets older the tendons in one's lower leg will thank you for being in the supportive shoe.

That is what I like about my Fit Flops, they have the support that most sneakers have. The soles aren't flat. It is like wearing a convertible sneaker. :)

momof3+twins
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I live in my flip flops also but I can't do them in the park. But, I will wear them everywhere else. So, in the park I wear a pair of open back keds. They have support like a tennis shoe but the back doesn't rub a blister on the back of my foot

KAJUNKING
08-26-2008, 02:29 PM
i just went and bought a new pair of new balance 811s for our trip in 2 days, ive already started wearing them to break them in but they are great

BlueDorrie
08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm a big flip flop fan during the warm weather months but I would say bring both. I wore flip flops for two days and I couldn't get over the feet and leg pain I had at the end of the day from all the walking I did. I ended up wearing sneakers for the remainder of the trip because I had better support with the sneakers.

Minnie Imagineer
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I am an old navy flip flops girl, they are so comfortable for me. Just whatever you do, don't wear crocs :ack:

disneygeek84
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I usually wear tennis shoes, but the ones I bought last year for work offer no water proofing whatsoever. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. So I'm just going to be wearing my Teva's for this trip and maybe my Birki's, both of which are completely waterproof and extremely comfortable. And I'm diabetic so I have to be careful of my feet, so making sure my foot isn't going to get tired or hurt easily is every important.

g8rgirl29
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I alternated between my flip flops and sneakers last year. Only wear your flip flops if you are totally used to wearing them all the time and they are use to wearing you!! Don't forget sunscreen for the tops of your feet and it might be a good idea to throw a few bandaids in your pocket/purse in case your feet aren't as "conditioned" as you thought. I didn't have any problems and we were moving pretty quick and non-stop for 8 days.

Aurora's Spindle
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I would say that it's definitely a personal decision. I rarely wear sneakers, and live through the summer either flip-flopped or barefoot. I've done Disney plenty of times in flip flops, as well as in comfortable, fairly flat slides.

As the PPs said, take your flip flops, but bring a back-up too. If you aren't used to walking very long distances in a single day, the flip flops might take a toll on you. Better safe than sorry.

MickeyMousse
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
SNEAKERS!!!! I've witnessed way too many people losing a flip flop or 2 while running to and/or boarding a ride!

gwfx1031
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I go with sneakers during the long park days and then switch over to something more casual for later in the day. Switching shoes always seems to help the feet feel better for the long haul over our stay.

BraddyB
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Ok, first of all, I'm going to start a whole new debate on this subject. I wear TENNIS SHOES! :mickey: In St. Louis, we call them tennis shoes. I honestly don't know of anyone here who calls them sneakers...I guess we're not sneaky enough..:D Anyway, tennis shoes are the only way to go for me.

Are you sure your sneakers are tennis shoes?? Are they made specific to tennis, or do you own a pair of cross trainers, running shoes, or basketball? We are pretty sneaky in Pittsburgh...thats why we have Pirates and Steelers ha ha ha ha :D

pokci
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
wow I'm so surprised at how many people prefer to go open toed and flat arched. While I go barefoot at home, and might wear flip flops or a sturdier sandal locally, WDW is a close toed, arch supported place if ever there was one. Crocs and sandles can get caught on the conveyor belts, open toed shoes are an accident waiting to happen and there are plenty of "breathable" sneaks that would feel great! But to each his own, I'm just surprised at how many people are willing to risk injury in open toed shoes.

pixiesmimi
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, I've worn very good walking shoes, jogging shoes and Sketchers to the parks and ended up with terrible blisters by the end of the day or my feet swelled up so bad, I had to take them off and couldn't get them back on. So last year when I tried Crocs and good flip flops, my feet never got tired, swollen, or blisters and I did very well. So I guess it is just whatever you can tolerate best.

I had always been under the impression, like you, that I needed to wear good shoes with support and were made for walking or running. I've done that all my life when going some place like this but at home go barefoot or wear flip flops as much as possible. I had never had that trouble before until recently so guess my "old" feet are ready to relax some without the "tennis shoes". :) (We've always called athletic shoes that too.) I think you can't go wrong taking both and giving them each a try to see what you do better with.

cinderella crazy
08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I'd do what's most comfortable for you. I'm more comfortale in flip-flops or sandals. The last 2 times I wore sneakers and my feet were sore. Once I put Crocs on, my feet felt great. I think it's just what my feet were used to.

Chrisx2
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I have a bad back (herniated discs and such). I have toured WDW and Tokyo Disneyland in my Crocs flip flops with no trouble. They provide enough support and stay on my feet. But you should take whatever you are used to. Everyone's feet are different!

Mrs Bus Driver
08-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Make sure you have good support for you feet. What ever shoes I wear crocs, walking shoes, work shoes, I wear my arch supports. I had to try several different ones sold over the counter to find some that really helped my poor aching ankles (and lower back). I use Dr Scholls adjustable arch, just transfer them to what ever shoes I'm wearing. Before I found these walking long distances was very painful.

ljv1975
08-30-2008, 10:35 PM
When we went to WDW in March, I wore flip flops, and I was 7 months pregnant at the time! I did pack a pair of tennis shoes, and I had to wear them on our last day because my flip flops were soaking wet due to the fact that it poured rain the night before at the P&P Party.

I'm the type of person who hates socks and shoes. I walk around my house barefoot in the middle of winter. DH thinks I'm crazy, but to each his own!!

I take the Ferry
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't care what people say about Crocs, they're all I wear in the parks now! And I wear them WITH socks! Oh my goodness, someone send the fashion police! Oh and they're purple too.

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:
PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE CROCS-N-SOCKS.

(uh oh, now you've done it.)

wdwfan
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
I always pack several pairs of shoes. Wear flipflops for air travel since you have to remove shoes. Wear Keens mostly in the parks, but if it's Nov. Dec. I'll pack sneakers. My feet get hot and I can't stand socks in summer. I also wear croc's which I like because it doesn't matter if your feet get wet.
I just like to switch shoes around that way no chance of blister.

Puppy Mom
09-01-2008, 12:53 AM
I just weigh too much to walk around in flip flops all day so it is Crocs or tennies for me.

I have a feeling that a lot of the flip flop lovers are NOT the overweight people.

lynnrapata
09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
I made the mistake of wearing flip flops to Epcot -- and boy was I sorry at the end of the day. The best thing I did was either wear a really worn in pair of sneakers and some socks or I wore my mary jane crocs with no socks. I won't be bringing flip flops back there again!!!

Lynn

Tink's Mom
09-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I always feel most comfortable in Teva flip flops. After you wear them a couple of times, they kind of form to your feet. I wear them all day and everyday when I am at WDW. I even wore them everywhere on my trip to Italy last month. When it is hot out, it feels so great to be able to pour cool water over your feet! :cloud9: