PDA

View Full Version : Dining with toddler

maizey05
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
WHat places can you recommend for our family (we have a 20 month old DS). We prefer TS, but of course will probably stop at a few CS, for that quick bite to eat. We've been wanting to try blue bayou. Is it suitable for toddlers? (Afterall, people bring their babes to CR, LeCellier etc. in WDW.)

LuvsTigger80
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi there!! :)
I think the only place that is an actual TS in DL is the blue bayou. Everything else is a counter service.(get your own food,pay and sit down) I know that if you go into DTD there are more choices. Rainforest Cafe, Tortilla Jo's, Naples Ristorante. I've taken my 2 yr old to all of these. There's also the ESPN zone and the Jazz Kitchen. My son as never been to these two, but i don't see why you couldn't take your toddler. Hope this helps you.:mickey:

CAS
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
To be honest most restaurants will be just fine for children of all ages. The only locations I can think of that may be awkward are the most form, aka Victoria and Albert's or similar. Jiko in AKL would be too dark for the evening. Similarly, some of the World Showcase restaurants have unusual food but a few choices for the young one's. Everywhere else there will be a good kids' menu. Try to catch a character meal and it'll be that much better for the little one.

tinkwest
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Perhaps Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, Yamabuki at Paradise Pier Hotel, and Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel would not be suitable for toddlers. Anything else would probably be ok. I have seen plenty of toddlers at Blue Bayou and they do have a kids' menu. If you know your child doesn't sit still for the length of time it takes to finish a meal at a restaurant, then Blue Bayou probably isn't a good choice for you. But if the opposite is true, go for it.

In Downtown Disney the Rainforest Café might be a fun choice since there is so much to look at. Goofy's Kitchen at DLH is always fun for kids too.

NotaGeek
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
To be honest most restaurants will be just fine for children of all ages. The only locations I can think of that may be awkward are the most form, aka Victoria and Albert's or similar. Jiko in AKL would be too dark for the evening. Similarly, some of the World Showcase restaurants have unusual food but a few choices for the young one's. Everywhere else there will be a good kids' menu. Try to catch a character meal and it'll be that much better for the little one.

Oops, wrong resort ... the OP is talking about Disneyland. :mickey:

maizey05
09-02-2008, 01:17 AM
So any recommendations for us and our little man? We're looking for anything on Disney property, that would be good. Doesn't have to have characters, etc. DS does pretty well at restaraunts actually. How are Jazz Kitchen, Boudin, etc?

meldan98
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I would also recommend Cafe Orleans. It is near Blue Bayou and the food is pretty good. It is a table service. One thing about DL that is different at WDW is the CS. CS at DL is more like cafeteria style whereas CS at WDW is more fast food style. I know, it seems odd, but to me there is a bit of a difference. Over at California Adventure, the CS is more closely related to those at WDW. The food options aren't as good IMO. Toddlers can pretty much go anywhere and it would be fine. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Napa Rose.